Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: Rewarding Service

Postby Loniar on Sun May 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Aw, how adorable all these ideas are! I think all of them totally work. I'm personally in favor of naming at least one of the parks after them, but instead of a statue in their honor, maybe a fountain designed after them? With gold plating on the bells? Regardless, the least we can do is remake those bells. =)
Loniar
Tainted

Postby James Rye on Sun May 27, 2012 5:44 pm

Uhm... guys, please don´t overdo this, kay? ^^;

In the end Mirula would be happier with the thanks of us and some shiny tinkey than a park named after her of a statue of her or being honor member of our clan. She´s a feral for Sharess´s sake! Not a drow or a human who love that other stuff.

Let´s keep it simple, honest and from our hearts. And fitting of what she wants, not what we want.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Wy'shira on Sun May 27, 2012 6:56 pm

I recommend holding a mini-ceremony in the LA where we give them each trinkets. It can be something special for each of them. Maybe a set of bells with gold on them (or pretty ribbons) for Mirual, a tiny carved bow with gold accents for Orrul, and something special for Ruiuf. (Alternatively, they can be tiny wooden carved figurines, but I like the previous idea more). I feel like something small that they can take back to their people and show off would be most appreciated. Something they can stick in their bags and carry around. We could even make Mirual a very pretty golden necklace to honor her specifically, if we still wanted to do something great for them. She has a tiny neck, so it would barely take any gold to do so. And it would be pretty, and she would love showing it off to all her clanmates.

As Sen said, they are ferals. They love shiny, pretty things. We don't want to think of them as drows who would want giant mansions built in honor of their greatness. I think smaller is better for them. Something paw-sized.

I think big statues and such could be cool, but I think that the ferals wouldn't appreciate them as much as something that they could carry around. They move around a lot. It would mean more if they could carry around our gifts. Also, they could take these things back to their fellow ferals and tell all about their adventures with us lovely drow people.

I still think we should name the parks after them, but that would be something we would do in honor of them, not something they would really appreciate. It seems like that would simply be a wonderful way to name the parks. After all, we don't want to name them after players or anything like that. And Mirual Park, Orrul Park, and Ruiuf Park just sound nice.
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby James Rye on Sun May 27, 2012 11:19 pm

Also we should ask Anji (aka Thalar) via LA first what she thinksabout it.
I´m sure she´ll be all up for the honest thanks as well as the tinkets, for the rest not so sure.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Mon May 28, 2012 3:17 am

I am SOOOO glad at the responses here! I was a little worried people would think it was stupid! ^^;

But as for the specific suggestions... What I like the sound of most was the 'little statues' idea. I've taken that and run with it to come up with:

1) We go to An'jhali to *confirm* the ceremony first, to ensure she (and Thalar) are 'down' with the idea...

2) Then we make three little wood-carved (doll sized) statues of each of the Ferals, we then decorate them, gold for Mirual's (she definitely deserves something a little better, she took the biggest risks after all - maybe make it ever so slightly bigger as well?), and silver for Orrul and Ruiuf. This should be an LA action as well, just because its too 'story mode' to take up a whole turn of trade-work, it would still need crafters to make sure it happened and the result was of the best quality though...

3) Once the items are finished (and Mirual has sufficiently recovered), we do another LA round where we have a *public* (In a park area? The town square?) ceremony at which An'jhali presents the three with their 'statues' and gives a speech about how much we value what they did for us (preferably including something about how we have come to think of them as equals, etc, etc).

So, there we go, three steps, three LA actions, and a result... Unless anyone finds any 'glaring faults', I going to work on developing this plan more fully, Suggestions/advice by all means encouraged!
(I don't want to claim this 'project' as mine or anything, its from all of us to the Ferals - I just suggested it first).

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:16 am

Double-posting out of necessity - Nobody counter my plan at all, so I'm going to act on the assumption that its received tacit approval... To complete stage on of the plan, I therefore will submit the following LA suggestion:

"Ill'haress, Mirual risked her life, and should be rewarded for her service" (74) - A pm to Thalar, linking her to this thread (so she can see the plans in advance, instead of assuming actions to be done as part of this advice).

Submitting for mass-approval ahead of time,

~JD
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby goblin6 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:00 am

A small statue? I think we can do better then that. I suggest we give them something that's more practical, something that they'll never want to leave without and carry it with pride. Like dagger or a short sword with our clan emblem on it. Or maybe a Swiss army knife if Thalar allows us to make it.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:31 am

We know they like 'shinies', and we don't have much more time, the first 'stage' will be going up for the *current* LA... The second stage is when any items get made, so we have a little longer for that... By all we know of them, a simple fancy trinket will be just as valued as some specialized tool, maybe even more so...

My 'plan' for the mini statues was to have two slightly smaller, representing Ruiuf and Orrul. Both would be would with 'clothing' done in silver leaf, Ruiuf's would have a longer cloak, Orrul's would have a tiny silver bow. The third, would be *slightly* larger of Mirual, and would use gold leaf instead of silver... It would be depict her with a set of silver bells in her hands (paws :P ).

This way each is small enough to be portable, but still 'individualized' for the recipient (With Mirual's being larger and using gold, to show she is being given a 'higher' reward).

~JD
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby Wy'shira on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:28 am

As long as it's paw-sized, I think they'll enjoy it. They're practical, but they're also sentimental creatures. If we make it shiny and simple enough, they will love it. And because it's small and paw-sized, it can fit in a small bag for them to carry around.

I think we should make Mirual's the same size as the others, but I agree 100% that we should use gold for hers. I feel like she might be a bit uncomfortable if we make hers larger than that of her friends' (but she deserves the gold leaf, because she risked so much for us).
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:56 pm

I have posted the 'first' advice, it just needs support now... - I will also follow up with a PM to Thalar to avoid confusion about the desired/intended process...

~JD
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby minalia on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:13 pm

I don't know why but it would be fun if we could make Murai reward outfit to be a variation of this. Since we do have a belly dancing custom in our clan. The males must do it in order to seduce the women with their sexy abs *bigsmile* .

A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Wy'shira on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:09 pm

This is just a suggestion, but I think this could be fun. We could give Anj a list of possible rewards for the ferals (as she asked for in the LA), and she could choose from her knowledge of their personalities/customs which she likes best. Alternatively, we could present her with a combination of items we plan on giving to the ferals.

Possible Gifts:
1. Paw-sized portrait-statues with gold and silver trimmings. Alternatively, they could all have the same gift: three little carvings of all three of the ferals together.
2. A cute outfit with lots of gold (we would have to have someone design this if chosen).
3. Paw-sized bracelets or necklaces with tiny bells (Mirual), a tiny bow (Orrul), or a small tree/something (Ruiuf) charms made of gold and silver for them to carry around and wear in remembrance of us. Probably with leather cords.
4. Any other small ideas.

We could probably have the crafters make options 1 & 3 in one turn, really. I think the ferals would each appreciate a carving of all of them more than one of simply themselves, because they're all good friends who care about each other (they all risked their lives for each other when they went to save Mirual). The necklace/bracelet idea is an altering of my previous idea to make it possibly work together with the statues idea. :)

I personally favor giving them both the necklaces/bracelets and statues. These guys are awesome. We should thoroughly reward them for their heroic service.

I do disagree with giving Mirual gold on her statue while only giving the other boys silver. Ruiuf ran off with her and protected her while she risked her life, and Orrul led our hunters on a rescue mission. I think that if we do individual statues, they should all get gold trimmings. The statues are small enough for it. :)

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby James Rye on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:47 pm

I´m against the outfit.

I´m for the bracelet/bow/stuff for them.

I´m not sure about the little gold statues, maybe if they really well-made, then i´m okay with it.

We could/should also ask one of the feral guys what they think Mirual prefers. After all, they live with her/are her friends plus they´ll like the idea of us rewarding Mirual (we won´t tell tehm that we´ll reward them as well ofc ;) ) so they´ll keep quiet (that Orrul will keep quiet anyway XD ). For example:
She might love to play music with a flute; then a silver flute with decorations would be the greatest gift to her. :D
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:06 pm

It's been a fair while and Miraul has almost fully recovered... The war will wind up shortly, so An'jhali will be back soon enough... I think it might be time to kick this subject off again. I see no need to adjust it from what was planned already, its just a matter of making arrangements to start making items and the like now... AS it is, we have gotten approval to do SOMETHING, we need to finalize what...

I have some ideas of how to go about this, but I'll leave it ope for discussion until An'jhali is at least on her way back home (We'd have to start acting pretty much as soon as she gets back to the city).

~JD
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby James Rye on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:33 pm

We got gold, we got silver, so we make something of those for them. Maybe we can ask Rini of Mili´s trade group what ferals prefer as shiny gifts exactly? Like should it be toys, tinkets, something practical or something unique, etc? :3
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Conference Hall