Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Rewarding Service

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sat May 26, 2012 3:54 am

Looking at the LA, and how badly beaten up Mirual is, I couldn't help but find myself thinking "Why? Why would they risk their lives to help us - a people of a race that regularly enslaves their kind?" Then it hit me, they do it because they want our friendship as much as we want theirs, and that is something we need to encourage...

...These ferals risked their lives to help us, asking nothing in return... They are the definition of Heroes in my book as a result, and I think they should be awarded appropriately. Now sure, I might seem to be jumping the gun a little, you have to get back to the city first, but ultimately I don't think it matters, even if Mirual does not survive (heck even more so then - honour the sacrifice). The question I'm stuck on is not weather we should reward them or not, but how...

I've only had a couple of ideas thus far, and they are not yet fully-fledged, but here goes:

1) Have An'jhali name them 'honourary' members of the clan - Effectively telling them that we consider them to be our equals, while also going beyond that by linking it to their actions, showing that we value what they did for us.

2) Make medals for them - This is a little cheesier, and not a 'personal'. But they are believed to like 'shiny things' so maybe it would mean more to them than it would to us...

3) Combine both of the above

Like I said, not very detailed yet, but I gets the general intent down on the page...

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Rewarding Service

Postby Wy'shira on Sat May 26, 2012 4:49 am

I was actually thinking of this earlier. I am not certain whether or not the clan would be up to this idea, but I would certainly support it if enough people agreed. I was thinking medals or little statues/carvings of them. Something tangible. I think they would appreciate that more than being honorary members. Small statues in their honor (from some pretty but easy-to-obtain substance, perhaps), either to give to them or to put in the parks.

It may be a little sentimental, and some might think it corny, but this could help solidify our alliance with the feline ferals. We need to continue to build our relationship with them so we can be firm allies (with war agreements) after the time skip. I would be willing to support this action, as it would most likely need a day of EAing, if it is agreed upon.
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Timotheus on Sat May 26, 2012 5:15 am

Next week the crafters should set aside four votes and an EA to make more jingly bells for the ferals. And maybe we could put up a scratching post for them
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Leonis on Sat May 26, 2012 5:22 am

I think that making them a member of the tribe, giving them medals, AND A stone statue in a park... is a good idea. If she dies, then find out what sort of ceremony we can do. Perhaps send Anji in a gas Mask to attend what ever funeral the Ferals themselves might have.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby goblin6 on Sat May 26, 2012 5:25 am

We have a bunch of gold and silver lying around, I'm sure no one would mind if we chip a few blocks from it and make it into something nice. And we'll have a park soon, five of them no less, maybe we can name them after the cat ferals.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Tsuris on Sat May 26, 2012 5:30 am

I think we should make as much effort as possible so that she doesn't die before we think about rewarding her for her awesomeness in saving the expeditions collective ass.

But yes, these ferals probably want the alliance as much as we do.
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Wy'shira on Sat May 26, 2012 5:49 am

We have at least three bars of gold. We could have the crafters create miniature wooden figurines with gold accents on them of each of our precious kitties. That would only take half a bar of gold or a full one at best - and the dvergar have been sending more gold all the time. I think that would be the best option, along with having a mini-ceremony and naming the parks after them. (Orrul Park and Mirual Park both sound so adorable).

I don't know if we should be handing out honorary clan membership to them as much as honoring the sacrifices they've made for us in spite of them not being part of our clan. (You risked your life for those not even your kinsmen...ect) That sounds really sweet and shows them how much they (and their alliance, cough cough) mean to us.

If we did do medals or statues, I suggest that we not draw up designs for the statues/medals. That way, Riza can make them as accurate as possible. :)

We definitely need more bells for future kurr plans. We could always give Mirual a set of bells again, to make up for the ones she lost... as long as she doesn't take offense to that and assume we want her to repeat that rescue action next time, and as long as it doesn't bring back too many memories while her wounds are still fresh.
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Leonis on Sat May 26, 2012 6:14 am

Should saving her be an EA or an LA? EA is my base thought...

We may also want to consult with the Nal as to what they think might be an appropriate show of gratitude. Now I wish we had enough fish to throw them a feast!
Leonis
Demon

Postby Tsuris on Sat May 26, 2012 6:15 am

Leonis wrote:Should saving her be an EA or an LA? EA is my base thought...

LA option I think, last time it was LA, but it wouldn't hurt to shoot thalar a PM just to make sure
Tsuris'Lok: Demon Shard - RH (retired), Moonless Age
Zan'nah: Highland Raider, Homefront Sealers Division - RH C1, Moonless Age

"It's me. You should have known better."
Tsuris
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby James Rye on Sat May 26, 2012 10:57 am

I would combine both, however only after Mirula´s fully healed.

Till then i want an LA that Anji visits her and also thanks her for her idea which worked (much better than our mana arts...) greatly. We could have lost two or three players if not for ehr actin bait with the bells.

Also now that we know it likes bells, why not make a Bear/Kurr trap with some animal bind in a place and bells on it in the area where we last saw Kurr? Make a big hole with stakes inside, put grass and stuff over it and the moment it steps on it to reach the bait, it falls in, gets heaily hurt or dies right away.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby kirio on Sat May 26, 2012 11:12 am

Yes, I fully agree she deserves hero recognition. but more importantly be sure she's alive to receive it. She' deserves our best efforts. B)
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby minalia on Sat May 26, 2012 11:42 am

Why not make them custom sized feral clothes with gold threads? At least something of very high quality they can show off to their people when they returned to their hometown south east of the forest.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Leonis on Sat May 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Shiney clothes... Stone Statue/monuments... I am for all of it... Though I DO wish that we had the fish to throw them a proper feast.

I also say that we might want to talk to the Nal to see what they think might be an appropriate gesture... though I don't think that they are likely to take offense.
Leonis
Demon

Postby blackjack217 on Sat May 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Armor...p
Anareth Nimaraidh
Ceterum autem censeo, Siyah-khorshed esse delendam!
blackjack217
Demon

Postby vitus on Sun May 27, 2012 1:06 pm

I also a gree with a Hero Recommendation, also Tim´s notice about the jingle came to my head as well, that we might need a set of those.
vitus
Summoner

Next

Return to Conference Hall