Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: Rewarding Service

Postby Leonis on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:17 am

Anything we decide to make needs to be drawn out. We attempted to put up statues awhile back and that got shot down for not having a picture.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby goblin6 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:28 am

I still suggest we give them something practical like a dagger or something like that. We're really low on stones, so statues(big or small) is out of the question.
PTP-Ze'carga D'rak & Van'deer
goblin6
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Leonis on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:47 am

We could always see about sending them to bring most/all of their tribe and have a BIG party... let all of them know that it was to honor those three. >.> <.< Maybe.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby James Rye on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:19 am

goblin6 wrote:I still suggest we give them something practical like a dagger or something like that. We're really low on stones, so statues(big or small) is out of the question.

Again, ask Rini about it. It´s a feral, fearl should know if ther ferals like practical things or funny things or unique things or don´t care what it is as long as its shiny. XD
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby goblin6 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:24 pm

James Rye wrote:
goblin6 wrote:I still suggest we give them something practical like a dagger or something like that. We're really low on stones, so statues(big or small) is out of the question.

Again, ask Rini about it. It´s a feral, fearl should know if ther ferals like practical things or funny things or unique things or don´t care what it is as long as its shiny. XD

Daggers are shiny, especially when they're cover in blood and glisten in the sun. Here's a dagger ferals, go stab something.
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm inclined to go with 'pouch sized' wood-carved statues with silver/gold leaf details (the details being unique to each of the three recipients). Pretty, shiny, and obviously intended to represent them (and a symbol of honour and what-not).

I intend to draw up designs for all three mini-statues soon, hopefully the designs will be ready before An'jhali and the warrior return to the city.

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby goblin6 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Why not just give them a necklace or some form of jewelery? A statue, even a small one, is kinda of burdensome to carry around. All it's good for is leaving it somewhere to collect dust or act as a paper weight. But that's just me, I prefer practical stuff or things that's small enough to put around my neck or wrist.
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:48 pm

YOU may prefer something practical, but its common knowledge that Ferals go ga-ga for 'shinies'...

~JD
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby James Rye on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:02 pm

A practical thing can also be shiny.^^

Maybe if the statues are small enough and got a cordel attached to carry on their belts or over their necks as some sort of amulet? You know to show of their special shiney thingie to their people.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:13 am

Welp... I just finished the sketch and scanned it in... So here it is!

COPY OF MAIN DESCRIPTION TEXT:

"Mini-Statues as a reward for their service to our Clan"
~ While obviously decorative, they also have a practical purpose - They are in-fact little jars! The head open via hinges at the back of (their) necks, offering just enough space to hide small valuables (coins, gems, etc). -((CAT-NIP!! :P ))- They could either be carved from wood or sculpted from clay, and would be presented with canvas bag (with long draw-strings so they can hand around the neck).

This image (and description) will be PMed to Thalar to accompany an advice to An'jhali reminding her about the plan to give all the Ferals (and Miraul in particular) a reward for helping us once we get back to Ama'varde:

"An'jhali- About rewarding the Ferals, We have some suggestions..." (65)

PS: I will post the content of the PM to Thalar here for public viewing once it is ready to be sent off...

~JD
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Postby goblin6 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:37 am

Those statues look like a Matryoshka(Russain) doll. They look kinda funky in a weird way.
goblin6
Vel'akar

Postby Catriana on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:25 am

I like them. :) I think they would like them too.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:37 am

Jonarus_Drakus wrote:Welp... I just finished the sketch and scanned it in... So here it is!

~ While obviously decorative, they also have a practical purpose - They are in-fact little jars! The head open via hinges at the back of (their) necks, offering just enough space to hide small valuables (coins, gems, etc). -((CAT-NIP!! :P ))- They could either be carved from wood or sculpted from clay, and would be presented with canvas bag (with long draw-strings so they can hand around the neck).

This image (and description) will be PMed to Thalar to accompany an advice to An'jhali reminding her about the plan to give all the Ferals (and Miraul in particular) a reward for helping us once we get back to Ama'varde:

"An'jhali- About rewarding the Ferals, We have some suggestions..." (65)

PS: I will post the content of the PM to Thalar here for public viewing once it is ready to be sent off...

~JD

RIGHT! We should advise7show her the figures in the LA too!!!
And tell her to give them to the three ferals as thank you! Maybe put in some shines/gold coins already like a little treaure box?
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Good to see people like them! I kinda figured they looked like those Egyptian mummy-organ jars... heh, CATnoptic jars! :D
But anyway, I had *an* advice planned already: "An'jhali- About rewarding the Ferals, We have some suggestions..." (65) - Sure its a little vague, but the important stuff would be sent to Thalar via PM as follows:

Good Day to you Boss-lady!

I just wanted to take this chance to expand of the some-what vague advice posted in the LA today. An'jhali had already given approval for some sort of gift to be made as part of a reward ceremony in recognition of the ferals (Mirual especially) service to our clan, and was simply awaiting designs/suggestion for how it should happen. The matter has been getting discussed in the 'Conference Hall' here: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=16599 - Discussion cover a few different variations on the idea, with the prevalent theme being to give them something pretty and shiny, as that would appeal more to the Ferals than anything we could/would do for other Drow. The only design that reach completion was my own 'mini-statues' design as depicted here: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=16599&start=30#p731528 - The original plan was for the statues to be solid and entirely decorative, but I adapted the plan to provide a small degree of functionality by turning the statues into small jars, just big enough to hide a small gem of some coins... Basically, they are now shinies that can be used to hide other shines! :D - Now, the image shows them in 'real-life' scale (given that the paper is an A4 sheet, that makes the jars about the size of a 300ml soda-can). This means that the amount of materials (even the gold and silver 'leaf') needed to create these object will be a very small amount, and thus, not likely to need any sort of separate action in the EA to make (given the time limitations in place too), so while entirely 'auto-ing' their creation might seem 'too easy' it hardly breaks the 'realism' of the setting (It could be implied that the items were made while An'jhali and the warriors were away). Following is a direct link to the image hosting site as well as a re-write of the descriptive info on the image:

IMAGE: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/71 ... erals.jpg/

Thank you in advance for your time, and if you have questions, you know where to find me,

~JD

And that about covers it, hopefully i tied everything together well enough... To late to change it now after all...

~JD
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Previous

Return to Conference Hall