Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

What is the biggest priority for hunters over the timeskip?

Trideers
85%
Boars
No votes
Mini Flying Horrors
15%
Fish
No votes
Bees
No votes
Trading new animals
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: Hunters: preparing for timeskip

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Thu May 17, 2012 12:13 am

Not to mention just hunting them in general. More venison to be turned into honey-jerky!

~JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Nacht on Fri May 18, 2012 2:44 am

So far 100% of you guys seem to agree that trideers are our priority :P

For now we have the hunting expedition to save Mirual, but as soon as we get back I propose we launch some of the following actions (preferably in that order)
- observe trideer and give them food, to get them used to our presence
- capture more does and 1 large, healthy male
- find some treats the trideer might like - honey, barley, sweetgrass? and handfeed it to them
- be on the lookout for when breeding season starts
Nacht
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Leonis on Sun May 20, 2012 1:48 am

According to what I have read in here, we already know what the Trideer would like as far as treats go.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Wy'shira on Sun May 20, 2012 1:57 am

Ooh, great point, Sut! I had completely forgotten, but I did PM Thalar a while ago about trideer eating habits. We may not know what treats they favor, but we certainly know what they prefer from what I assume. Here's the whole message exchange about the trideer eating habits, so you guys can interpret at will. ^^

Question: "Dear Thalar,

I hope this message finds you well. I have a question regarding PTP. After all the time our hunters have spent hunting trideer, have we discovered their diet? We once tied up a trideer and stared at it for several days, and I would imagine our hunters would have observed the species (if not that individual) eating off a regular basis. I would not imagine that we would know all of its dietary preferences, but might our hunters have learned which plants they eat or at least the general types of food (bark, grass, and berries)?

Thank you for your time!"

Response: "I think it would be reasonable to assume the hunters know what they generally eat, yes"
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Postby Nacht on Tue May 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Ok. Then how about an EA in the next couple weeks such as "Give trideer some food. Sit quietly, get them used to us"
Nacht
Summoner

Postby Hetros on Thu May 31, 2012 8:04 am

I really think we need the mini flying horrors to be tamed into little hawkers and such D:
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Leonis on Thu May 31, 2012 10:46 pm

Hetros... That is priority #2. Priority #1 is to have more types of meat for ourselves, our allies, and the colonists when the time skip happens. Though if you can come up with a very compelling reason, we might be convinced to move and shift support. Or if we husband our votes carefully we may be able to do multiple things... Though we need to focus on Priorities and getting them set up so that they are ready.
Leonis
Demon

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Wy'shira on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:04 pm

I think we should specifically mention during the timeskip that we need to train some of the trideer with shoulder harnesses to serve as pack mules if needed. I can draw up a quick design of what I mean by a shoulder harness (or link to examples if I can find them) - a trideer shoulder harness will probably include some kind of back support as well as hooks for us to hang the bags they'll carry. We should also mention that we're milking them, as they'll be tamed enough for that at least some time during the time skip. :3 This is 100% not a real suggestion for the timeskip EA warning, but I'm thinking something like "[whatever we want to do about domesticating the trideer here] & milk trideer. Train with shoulder harness when tamed." along with PMing the shoulder harness would work.

Thoughts? :)
What is done under compulsion is done without understanding. There is no more beauty in it than if one should whip and spur a dancer. -Xenophon (paraphrase). Follow your heart.

Wy'shira = Eloh.
Wy'shira
Summoner

Previous

Return to Conference Hall