Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Preparing For War!

Postby blackjack217 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:28 pm

So It looks like we are going to war.
First things first. the To do List (in order of priority):
1. As the expedition to J27 has now been overtaken by events next week I will have it return home next week.
2. We currently have more suits of armor then we have swords. Therefor we need more swords.
3. Mana Spec armor. These guys need something. Studded leather armor or something to make them less squishy.
4. Ammo Ammo and More Ammo
5. Upgrading our warrior's armor. Simplest thing to do here would be to either add a helmet or a shield.

How do we accomplish this? Simple we do the class shuffle! Every active warrior, or any other class currently not doing anything like the healers not with thalar, not currently on a mission switches to a smith or craftier and make the materiel we need. Once we have to move out they switch back along with every farmer and crafter and smith we don't immediately need.
The Goal: 40 fully equipped warriors and 14 Mana Specs. Plus secondary combatants like explorers and engineers
Last edited by blackjack217 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anareth Nimaraidh
Ceterum autem censeo, Siyah-khorshed esse delendam!
blackjack217
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Preparing For War!

Postby James Rye on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:33 pm

Add train hunters to be good enough with crossbows to hit everything drow-size at max range.

Also those guys would probably like some light leather armor too.

And warriors would be happy about some wood shields to improve our def and some spear to improve the range of our melee weapon.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby blackjack217 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:43 pm

The shields are item 5. As for the spears using the kind of spear that can be wielded with a shield would not appreciably increase range. As we have a limited time to equip our warriors it would be best to equip everyone with swords first.
Anareth Nimaraidh
blackjack217
Demon

Postby Tibanna Vilrath on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:56 pm

why do you want to turn around?
1. thats metagaming...... we dont know that we are going to war... we left before they told us
2. we need the iron
3, until now only healers are needed so there is no need for everyone running home
Aleria Vilrath - PTP
Tibanna Vilrath - RH C2
Tibanna Vilrath
Summoner

Postby minalia on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:46 am

I already started the war preparations long before such a war was to show up.

When the pics for the newest remake of a armor will be finished,and a helmet that is in the setting of the game will be done as well.

Remember most of the equipment for the war effort will require a large amount of coal. For this to happen we need foresters to gather trees without destroying all the trees in a sector. Just take out the biggest trees and leave the youngest alone so they can the places of the big ones. We burn the wood into coal and we fashion our gear in steel with the help of the dvergar to fashion our gear to get the best quality items in the underworld since we don't have the ability to use our sorcery to increase our items to val like quality.

The net thrower will be a invaluable piece of equipment in capturing the war beasts that the enemy wield intact for Alu and her team to tame and get those to multiple so that we have a entire new ranked called beast tamers after the timeskip.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:58 am

Tibanna Vilrath wrote:why do you want to turn around?
1. thats metagaming...... we dont know that we are going to war... we left before they told us
2. we need the iron
3, until now only healers are needed so there is no need for everyone running home

There are other reasons to return home, for example, your expedition size of 6 might be to small to expand the mine effectivly.

@Min
We have around 300-400 fallen trees laying around Ama'varde, shouldn´t that do the job?

Besides the duegar might be able to provide us with coal too.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby blackjack217 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:24 am

James Rye wrote:
Tibanna Vilrath wrote:why do you want to turn around?
2. we need the iron

There are other reasons to return home, for example, your expedition size of 6 might be to small to expand the mine effectively.

With one miner... me. Also not everybody has voted yet, and I'm not particularly optimistic on that score.
Anareth Nimaraidh
blackjack217
Demon

Postby Catriana on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:40 am

James Rye wrote:There are other reasons to return home, for example, your expedition size of 6 might be to small to expand the mine effectivly.

Mmm, I also have to agree that this looks more like metagaming. I certainly won't oppose the idea, but I believe this should be more thoroughly thought out before jumping the gun. You've just set out for the expedition, unless you have a solid reason for returning, it'll look fishy. If you don't care, then by all means, do what you want. My suggestion? Wait a turn and see what happens. If Thalar hints that things are a bit overwhelming for the team (she did mention how small it was), that will be more than enough reason to turn and head back. If all goes well, then you can still put in a suggestion to return due to concerns over the low numbers.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kear'Naun on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:46 pm

James Rye wrote:Add train hunters to be good enough with crossbows to hit everything drow-size at max range.

Also those guys would probably like some light leather armor too.

And warriors would be happy about some wood shields to improve our def and some spear to improve the range of our melee weapon.

Hunters still have the acid prove Kirisu gear from way back then I think. At least some of it is class equipment. Some leatehrs to extend it won't be declinded though. What I really would like would be some kind of camouflage added to it. Maybe a cloak in woodland camo pattern? Explorers migth like that as well? I find it importent that we be able to gather intel unseen if possible. Not to forget well hidden snipers. *wee*

As for the new crossbows, we have a training advice for them up that should go through (with hunter votes!). Now we just need enough of them crossbows, so if you have a vote to spare vote on Timotheus production advice!

We passed an advice to make some boar/bear spears a while back. Sadly the produce this stuff action never was added and they never got featured in comic. Still we should be able to make them ... if we get some steel. Might ask our dvergar allies if they can make them. And what is good enough to kill an angry boar or bear while keeping it at distance sure should be good enough for most other things like drow. If used massed even for warbeasts.

Other than that I would suggest we ask the dvergar for some combined arms training if we are to fight alongside them. Cannons for long range, then crossbows, then spears or the likes before brutal melee. If we plan to fight open battles that is. ^^;

Well, thats enough ramblings from me ...
Kear'Naun
Demon

Return to Conference Hall