Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: The Alliance of Races

Postby Catriana on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:56 am

We could possibly gather that information from the Nals, actually. May save us a few steps.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby minalia on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:06 am

=Alliance of the Races of Amaranthine=
Those whose sign this treaty at it's founding, and those accepted unanimously by the founding members of the Alliance (here on known as the Founder's Council) agree to abide by the following laws and statuets, and to work for the common good of all member factions on, below, and above the Surface of this world.
1) All beings, regardless of species or gender, are equal and worthy of respect.
2) All members agree to pay tax in the form of money, labor, soldiering, or other works to serve the common good of the Alliance to the Founder's Council so that it might advance the goals of the Alliance completely and without hinderance from members of the Alliance.
3) Theft of anything, be it life, property, or virtue, will be punished by no less than 10 years enslavement, and no more than 50.
4) All slaves will work communally for the good of the alliance to pay the debt of their crimes.
5) Punishments, both enslavement, fines, and executions, shall be decided by a panel of judges with a single representative from each member of the Founding Council.
6) A common currency will be agreed upon and enforced by the Founding Council of the alliance.
7) Any existing faction or power may petition for membership into the Alliance by recognizing the sovereignty of the Founding Council, but may be required to pay reparations if there were hostilities in the past between it and the Alliance.
8) All technologies and advancements (within reason) will be shared amongst members of the Founding Council, but not, necessarily, amongst all members of the Alliance.
9) All members of the alliance sweat to maintain peaceful interactions with foreign forces, barring immediate hostilities, or a declaration of war by the Founding Council.
10) These rules may only be changed by a unanimous vote by the Founding Council (including decisions to incorporate new factions as Founding Council)
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Hetros on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:09 am

The idea behind this treaty would be after we've met all the factions in the area and then struck friendly bargains with them, cementing a formal alliance between us all, it is an EXTREMELY long term goal.

WE ARE NOT PROPOSING THIS THING THIS WEEK OR TO THE DWARVES RIGHT AT THIS VERY MOMENT IN TIME. THIS IS KINDA THE END OBJECTIVE! WE GET THIS DONE BEFORE THE TIME JUMP AND WE CAN CONSIDER IT A MAJOR SUCCESS.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Catriana on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:27 am

There's going to be another time jump?
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby minalia on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:33 am

Yes, kern said so himself.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Catriana on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:02 am

Is there anyone who can elaborate on this for me? I'm admittedly confused.

Edit: My bad. I hadn't realized we were 6 years behind the current MA arc. I thought we were on the same year. Herp derp.
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby vitus on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:00 pm

Mina - in your Constitution you forget the point about the free circulation of products, services and trades.

Hm, interesting, why the EU Constitution draft ended up in 2000 page unreadable document ? Maybe cause they did not have Mina ? Or because they have been afraid to be accused on plagiating others constitutions ? *bigsmile*
vitus
Summoner

Postby Hetros on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:54 pm

vitus wrote:Mina - in your Constitution you forget the point about the free circulation of products, services and trades.

Hm, interesting, why the EU Constitution draft ended up in 2000 page unreadable document ? Maybe cause they did not have Mina ? Or because they have been afraid to be accused on plagiating others constitutions ? *bigsmile*

I'm actually the one who drafted it >_> but the free circulation of products and services is kinda implied about duties owed to everyone as well as everyone being equal I feel.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby vitus on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Hetros wrote:I'm actually the one who drafted it >_> but the free circulation of products and services is kinda implied about duties owed to everyone as well as everyone being equal I feel.

No neccessarilly - the good old European colonial empires (British, French, Dutch, Belgian) granted equal political rigths to all of their citizens in all provinces / mandates / colonies, however the free goods circulation was not granted and a lot of special duties, taxes and such barriers has been applied -> actually as I see it the American revolution started because the American colonies were not allowed to sell their goods directly to other parts of the British Empire *bigsmile*.
vitus
Summoner

Postby blackjack217 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:16 pm

vitus wrote:
Hetros wrote:I'm actually the one who drafted it >_> but the free circulation of products and services is kinda implied about duties owed to everyone as well as everyone being equal I feel.

No neccessarilly - the good old European colonial empires (British, French, Dutch, Belgian) granted equal political rigths to all of their citizens in all provinces / mandates / colonies, however the free goods circulation was not granted and a lot of special duties, taxes and such barriers has been applied -> actually as I see it the American revolution started because the American colonies were not allowed to sell their goods directly to other parts of the British Empire *bigsmile*.

And lack of parlementery representation. And the fact that the British basically tried to force Boston to buy tea at gunpoint, which did not go over to well.
Anareth Nimaraidh
Ceterum autem censeo, Siyah-khorshed esse delendam!
blackjack217
Demon

Postby vitus on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:58 pm

blackjack217 wrote:And lack of parlementery representation. And the fact that the British basically tried to force Boston to buy tea at gunpoint, which did not go over to well.

I am not arguing the other reasons, I have just picked thsis one up as a sample, that being in one Empire does not grants you a free trade, not speaking about an Alliance (heh, could you imagine, that all the members of actual Alliances would start a free trade - EU, Turkey, Canada, US, Australia, New Zeeland, Japan... ? That would be a big economical shake *bigsmile*).

P.S. Please do not get me wrong - I did not mean to harm anyone, I am just giving simplified samples from the world around us ;) If I have offended anyone, I do apologize.
vitus
Summoner

Postby Tamo Shua on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:25 am

Any interaction with another body of peoples despite ideology, religion, or if you will, way of life, to be peacefully successful depends on consistency, if you behave and say your going to do something and do it coessentially constantly you will earn trust that you can be predicted, the rest comes latter if at all. The Halmes I worry about they breed to fast, we could easily be pushed out just for there need for space.
Magnetic finder of strange glitches.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Previous

Return to Conference Hall