Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: Trade with the Dwarves

Postby Hfar on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Er, yes...

Anywho, another thing we should consider is what we would want from the dwarves and how much we want it. For the time being, I'm thinking services. For example, perhaps they could help us mine for coal and gemstones or there's possibility of hiring them as bodyguards and/or soldiers. I certainly wouldn't mind having some of those hand cannoneers on our side.
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby blackjack217 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Start by swapping fish for coal, baby steps.
Anareth Nimaraidh
Ceterum autem censeo, Siyah-khorshed esse delendam!
blackjack217
Demon

Postby Hfar on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:32 pm

But of course. Even I do not expect such a high trade in services right off the bat.
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Hetros on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:25 pm

I still think that we should control the circumstances underwhich we allow them to find out about the manarats >_> if they do a lot of trade with us in the years to come, they WILL find out.

If we show it to them first as a possible weapons application, I think they'll love it >.> they're looking for resources to retake their homeland after all, that's their BIG lever. It's just BEGGING to be pulled, especially if we can secure an alliance with them.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Kran on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:19 pm

Hetros wrote:I still think that we should control the circumstances underwhich we allow them to find out about the manarats >_> if they do a lot of trade with us in the years to come, they WILL find out.

If we show it to them first as a possible weapons application, I think they'll love it >.> they're looking for resources to retake their homeland after all, that's their BIG lever. It's just BEGGING to be pulled, especially if we can secure an alliance with them.

Securing their homeland in return of a alliance and coal would be beneficially to us. The Itham Guir's black powder cannons would add confusion and devastation to ours foes. Also, the loot from their enemies could be a extra bonus. I do not know what the Nal will think of this situation, but they will let us know if there is a problem.
Honu Al'dun Tei'kaliath
Kran
Demon

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby James Rye on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:00 am

Ask about Gems & Iron & Gold: Can they provide them too?

Could someone not from the expedition please please please ask that too? Just coal is a waste, those dvergar might be able to provide much more we need, but we need to ASK for it in the first place else they won´t say a word.

We need the gems and iron once the engineers wants to build some golem tools and war golems as well as the coal and iron to provide the smiths with enough stuff to build stuff. And the gold is there to start trading with the humans. We give fish/meat/etc. to dvergar get some gold and trade that gold for mounts like horses or some farm animals like cows and stuff. We would get mounts really cheap that way!

Edit:
Something smaller and less important advise, yet it might be important to set the mood right. Its about the gift the dvergar made:

Put on the armor, praise its work/quality. Thank dvergar leader for it. - 71 letters

After all, the helm alone does look cool and it would make them proud/feel better if their gift to Anji gets praised by herself and she wears it to the trade discussions.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Previous

Return to Conference Hall