Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Option 3: Close the game

Postby Sil'Thara on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:12 pm

LA archive wrote:Or...Give up. All things must come to an end eventually. We've never succeeded to shake off the bad blood. Too many Tei'Kaliath's are angry at each other, some even openly distrust me and my chelian supporters.

Aye, I can understand the "bad blood" bit to some degree with recent interactions with others...I see some people trying to tell others what to do or that their idea isn't going to work or that something is a wasted effort. Worse yet, they're a bit of an ass about it. Yet, I put up with them. Why? Because that is a part of human interaction. You're not going to like every person you come across. You either learn to deal with it or live under a rock for the rest of your life. I refuse to give up on the game and the community, even those I brand an ass.
Sil'Thara
Nether Spawn

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Option 3: Close the game

Postby Timotheus on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:36 pm

For reference to the discussion.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Hfar on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Yeah, f*** that noise. I haven't given up on this game yet.
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:29 am

I won´t vote on Option 3 and i sure hope that no other Tei'Kaliath will vote for it either. Yeah, there´s bad blood sometimes and fights etc., but we get over them a few days later, sometimes a few hours later those who shouted at eachother in capslock in the shoutbox are friendly with each other again. That´s normal and it shows we are a working community, a loud and not always agreeing community, but we work well.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby blackjack217 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:38 am

James Rye wrote:I won´t vote on Option 3 and i sure hope that no other Tei'Kaliath will vote for it either. Yeah, there´s bad blood sometimes and fights etc., but we get over them a few days later, sometimes a few hours later those who shouted at eachother in capslock in the shoutbox are friendly with each other again. That´s normal and it shows we are a working community, a loud and not always agreeing community, but we work well.

Plus excluding the manga section, PtP forums has more posts than everything else combined. be a shame to lose that.
Anareth Nimaraidh
Ceterum autem censeo, Siyah-khorshed esse delendam!
blackjack217
Demon

Postby Catriana on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:34 am

Sil'Thara wrote:Aye, I can understand the "bad blood" bit to some degree with recent interactions with others...I see some people trying to tell others what to do or that their idea isn't going to work or that something is a wasted effort. Worse yet, they're a bit of an ass about it. Yet, I put up with them. Why? Because that is a part of human interaction. You're not going to like every person you come across. You either learn to deal with it or live under a rock for the rest of your life. I refuse to give up on the game and the community, even those I brand an ass.

You want to know the best way to avoid abusive people? Ignore them. I'm serious. It's one thing to express an opinion, even if you disagree with someone, but once you start throwing in abusive language and/or treat me without any semblance of respect, I start ignoring everything you have to say, even if it's relevant.

Those sort of people only have power over you if you allow it. If a person is being overly rude or disrespectful, pretend they don't exist, because they shouldn't. They're not worth your time or patience.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby AthenAltena on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:45 am

Catriana wrote:You want to know the best way to avoid abusive people? Ignore them. I'm serious. It's one thing to express an opinion, even if you disagree with someone, but once you start throwing in abusive language and/or treat me without any semblance of respect, I start ignoring everything you have to say, even if it's relevant.

Those sort of people only have power over you if you allow it. If a person is being overly rude or disrespectful, pretend they don't exist, because they shouldn't. They're not worth your time or patience.

The "add foe" button on the forum has saved me from many an argument over the years. Granted, you still see them in the shoutbox, but it does help.
AthenAltena
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Sil'Thara on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:56 am

Catriana wrote:You want to know the best way to avoid abusive people? Ignore them. I'm serious. It's one thing to express an opinion, even if you disagree with someone, but once you start throwing in abusive language and/or treat me without any semblance of respect, I start ignoring everything you have to say, even if it's relevant.

It's not so much that they're abusive. It's just how they choose to say things. The way something is said(typed in this case) determines how someone is likely to take it. So, I get them to clarify WHY they hold the view they do. More often than not, it helps me understand them. If they continue to be an ass, then yes, I ignore them. ^.^

And yes, I still feel Option 3 is NOT an option from the perspective of a player. As someone who's seen a business fail from lack of funds...if that's the case with PTP, then I'm surprised they didn't pull the plug already.
Sil'Thara
Nether Spawn

Postby James Rye on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:04 am

Well, i´ve got no problem to spend some money either once or to pay a little more (to be honest that would be the most fair cause then even those who don´t vote/have jobs/join families/make actions/etc. will pay to see how our Clan´s story continues.

The Tei'Kalaiths are a very interesting clan and it´s a shame we didn´t managed to stay and hold ourselves in Chel, but now with living at the surface we have a chance to show how succesful a Drow clan be on the surface. And that´s pretty cool too, especially when you have read DT like a dozen times and always wanted to be part of such a clan/story/idea.

We will most likely go with Option 2 since Option 1 isn´t working well/will take too much time. But i think that with some volunteers and lots of time/practise we can revive PtP 2.0 someday in the future. Maybe a year or so from now.^^;
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby vitus on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:53 am

I have just joined (a 4 months newbie), so this option is definitivelly not for me ;) .
vitus
Summoner

Postby Tamo Shua on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:40 am

Ranked actions, gaaaa! NO! if one person wants to do something, let em! So what if they get killed, vanish, lost, whatever…. If they want to build a 20,000 sq ft home, let em, so it takes em three years playing time, let em.

What I saw in ptp2 was almost a mirror of ptp1 just some more bells and whistles. Needing “X” amount of votes or the action does not happen. People almost bickering in there condensation of others actions and words. Well that may have changed, I have not read the forum in quite some time.

I like the idea of the family actions, the clan within the clan, but no one has done anything that stayed working for more then a few turns, hay just like rl eh?

So it comes down to business. Ya make a product that people like and ya make some cash, you don’t and people stop buying what your selling.

So at this time of night with my eyes blurry, and no coffee in me I say, ya got the gust of it there’s just a few things ya can do.

1. Shut it down, clean up the mess and sometime down the road reopen the shop with a new coat of paint.
2. Offer incentives for making money. (“Uplift your toon for XX.XX$$ amount yearly, you to can have earth, whatever it is the power is called, choose your ability anything ya want.”) Well something like that.
3. Give it up as a nice thought and move on.

Good luck.
Magnetic finder of strange glitches.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Return to Conference Hall