Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: Option 2: Downgrade to a simpler game.

Postby Hfar on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:18 am

Your concern is duly noted Kitab. In fact much of the discussion here is to how best to prevent the infighting. And while we are all concerned that the infighting will return, I'm willing to bet that many of the rest us who also saw this community at its best and its worst are willing to work to prevent that from happening.
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Catriana on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:39 am

Agreed with Hfar.

In addition all people are seeing is "like the ranked" in the description and they're panicking. The more I think on it and read what's being said, the less concerned I am about the situation. There's a difference between 'similar' and 'exactly like'.

Does everyone remember 1.5?

It's the exact same thing, except the amount of people who can submit EA ideas/projects are limited to paying groups instead of the entire clan. No one is drafting up entire actions for a class, no one person is in charge of an entire group of people, it's nothing like that. All it is is 1.5 Limited. Families who pay a one time fee get extra special stuffs in addition, but no one seems to be bothered by this.

So if anyone is freaking out that we're going back to the old system of the ranked exactly the way it was before: we're not. It's all good.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tamo Shua on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:39 am

Ranked actions, gaaaa! NO! if one person wants to do something, let em! So what if they get killed, vanish, lost, whatever…. If they want to build a 20,000 sq ft home, let em, so it takes em three years playing time, let em.

What I saw in ptp2 was almost a mirror of ptp1 just some more bells and whistles. Needing “X” amount of votes or the action does not happen. People almost bickering in there condensation of others actions and words. Well that may have changed, I have not read the forum in quite some time.

I like the idea of the family actions, the clan within the clan, but no one has done anything that stayed working for more then a few turns, hay just like rl eh?

So it comes down to business. Ya make a product that people like and ya make some cash, you don’t and people stop buying what your selling.

So at this time of night with my eyes blurry, and no coffee in me I say, ya got the gust of it there’s just a few things ya can do.

1. Shut it down, clean up the mess and sometime down the road reopen the shop with a new coat of paint.
2. Offer incentives for making money. (“Uplift your toon for XX.XX$$ amount yearly, you to can have earth, whatever it is the power is called, choose your ability anything ya want.”) Well something like that.
3. Give it up as a nice thought and move on.

Good luck.
Magnetic finder of strange glitches.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Postby blackjack217 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Its an open class like A SM subscription not a closed caste system like the ranked. If I want to be a noble I can, if you want to be a noble you can. No one can stop me Muhahahah. I can't stop you either, of course ^^;
Anareth Nimaraidh
Ceterum autem censeo, Siyah-khorshed esse delendam!
blackjack217
Demon

Postby Hfar on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Tamo Shua wrote:3. Give it up as a nice thought and move on.

Allow me to repeat what I said in the Option 3 discussion thread: f*** that noise. As long as there is any chance of not only keeping Path to Power alive, but making it commercially viable again then I'm willing to take it.

Catriana wrote:Does everyone remember 1.5?

It's the exact same thing, except the amount of people who can submit EA ideas/projects are limited to paying groups instead of the entire clan. No one is drafting up entire actions for a class, no one person is in charge of an entire group of people, it's nothing like that. All it is is 1.5 Limited. Families who pay a one time fee get extra special stuffs in addition, but no one seems to be bothered by this.

That's what I gathered as well. While in some ways the noble system is similar to the ranked, it sounds like power would definately be less absolute and far more moderated.

blackjack217 wrote:Its an open class like A SM subscription not a closed caste system like the ranked. If I want to be a noble I can, if you want to be a noble you can. No one can stop me Muhahahah. I can't stop you either, of course ^^;

Then we will have to settle things in the proper way. With a children's card game!
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby AthenAltena on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:16 am

Catriana wrote:Agreed with Hfar.

In addition all people are seeing is "like the ranked" in the description and they're panicking. The more I think on it and read what's being said, the less concerned I am about the situation. There's a difference between 'similar' and 'exactly like'.

Does everyone remember 1.5?

So if anyone is freaking out that we're going back to the old system of the ranked exactly the way it was before: we're not. It's all good.

This is why I decided that despite voting for 1 I'd be okay if 2 won. And with any luck I'll have enough fundage to get an upgraded account if I choose to.
AthenAltena
Dragon of the Nether

Previous

Return to Conference Hall