Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Dvergar Meeting and outcome

Postby James Rye on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Now it seems like the Dvergar are interested in a *bond with us* aka they need food badly and don´t have a large army to defend themselves.

We should collect and discuss every idea you all got to this topic here:

What do we want to talk about the dvergar? How can we get to know more about them? How far can we trust them? What should we offer/what demand?

List - Done advises:

Food shall be provided, this land has plenty of food for everyone. - Minalia (5 vote mark, PASSED! You don´t need to vote for it anylonger, guys!
What is your diet. What would you prefer as food? - Ombr'eh
We have wine, fish, breads and meat. Lets find there preferences. - Kris'tian
Ask what sort of beasts died so we can keep a look out for replacements. - 3Power
Exchange names, ask how they got here and what their future plans are? - James Rye with help of Nacht

List - Possible advises:

"Please, call me Anjhali. What are your names?" - Nacht
Ask for future plans of the Dvergar. Why did they came here of all places? - James Rye
Talk about bad experiences with drows and culture clashes, mention our case - Pariel

As an additional gesture of goodwill, offer medical aid if needed / Any sick/injured dvergar? Offer medical aid for free as gesture of goodwill

My own idea is to have a drink and arm wrestling with one/some dvergar when we celebrate the done bond. XD XD XD
Though that will come much later.^^

Min got the food one covered, so NO MORE FOOD ADVISES! THANK YOU!

Brainstorm for some more ideas, guys.
I wanna ask them what they gonna do in the future/what they plan to do from now on. That´s important for us to know. ALso look at them, they´ve got nothing, like really really nothing. Those guys are us on the first day in PtP.
Maybe that idea to let them live in our settlement might be not that year-long far away as thought.
Last edited by James Rye on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Dvergar Meeting and outcome

Postby Nacht on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:35 pm

Hey guys

I think we should put in the following advices:

1. name exchange, to cement the relationship
2. find out a little bit more about their culture without being too prying
3. fix a date for next visit, e.g. to bring the beasts

For 1; I was thinking of "Please, call me Anjhali. What are your names?"
Nacht
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby 3Power on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:38 pm

We really should ask what kind of beasts died so that we can keep a look out for replacements, in order to go the extra mile.

I'll put something up if people agree.
Trey'la in Path to Power.
We gotta go, We've got nothing to lose, now time has come for us to get out.
We gotta go, If we're going down, well let's go down in flames!
3Power
Summoner

Postby Nacht on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:44 pm

3Power wrote:We really should ask what kind of beasts died so that we can keep a look out for replacements, in order to go the extra mile.

I'll put something up if people agree.

Maybe you could combine that with asking them by when they need them? so we have some kind of time frame we know we can plan an expedition to come back with the beasts
Nacht
Summoner

Postby James Rye on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Okay added. Made two list, one of those which are already set in stone and awaits the clan judgement aka getting votes to pass and one with possible advises which we can discuss first before we put them up tomorrow or at sunday.

My own idea goes like that:

Ask for future plans of the Dvergar. Why did they came here of all places?

It would cover two parts: First we´ll know (if they´ll tell us that is) what they wanna do from now on, leave the area, build a city right there or go somewhere else ot settle down or have no plan at all. Second if they´ll tell us why they came, we might hear some stuff from underground, maybe the war of the Drow cities made them drive away or they were attacked by BS as well, whatever it is, getting to hear their reason why they came from deep underground to a huge forest jungle will be helpful. Maybe they´ve heard some fairytale that on the surface everythings better or whateva it is. Dvergar on the surface and in Amaranth none the less are quite a rare view.

@3Power

Nice thinking. Just food a replacement is okay, after all that´s what they demand but if we could give them some of their beasts back that would be an awesome gift. And some vine, Dvergar are Dwarfs after all, they luuuuve good alcohol just Like Brorn and I.^^
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Ultimatecalibur on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Ombreh's and my advices were added at nearly the exact same time. Coincidences like this do happen.

As long as Min's and either of the two preference advises pass things should go well. If just Min's passes we may end up sending them a food they don't like, but if we know what they like it may make things easier in the long run.
Kris'tian Al'dun - Scout

I saw the Griffin first, so I'm calling dibs.

Apparently I like rafts.
Ultimatecalibur
Summoner

Postby James Rye on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:28 pm

Don´t worry Kris, you´ve done no harm.^^
I find it good to ask what they prefer as well as to tell them what we got to give them. :3
If both of your advises gets over 5 then Thalar will just mix them to give them the best wording ever. :D
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Pariel on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:29 pm

Like i said over skype, it'd do good to use a little of soap story here. as well as getting some insight on their politics and struggle.

Talk about bad experiences with drows and culture clashes, mention our case

This might help.
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Timotheus on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:49 pm

Bluntly asking how we can be mutually helpful to each other might not be bad under the circumstances. Also keep in mind there should be some sort of ratio of food to lost beast, but we shouldn't seem stingy. Just businesslike. (As in we pay our debts, but we aren't giving away the farm).
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:50 am

I mentioned it in the shoutbox already, but what about just offering to directly replace their animals? Our Haledri have almost certainly been breeding, so if we have any to spare we could just give them to the Dvergar... One or two with a load of various foods perhaps?

For now it could be covered by asking: "We have pack animals, would Haledri be of use to your people?" (61 'letters', including spaces but not quote marks obviously).

JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby minalia on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:08 am

We only have 2 haledri, honestly giving them our beasts away? when we need both of them to pull a cart of stones. Right now we should only work on their needs that is getting them some food. We can discuss on their animals with Alu hunter's group when they capture and domesticate some trideers instead.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Timotheus on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:39 am

As I understand it ours were all females. I don't know if our Ilharess and friends brought a male with them when they arrived but they should have brought three more at least according to the illustrations.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Return to Conference Hall