Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

The End of the Term (THE DREADED TO DO LIST!)

Postby Pariel on Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi all. It seems that after this long time, we have anjha'li back, we are done with the time given to us to raise the settlement and we're awaiting a new change of pace to pickup in PTP2.

Now, since the updates have been slowed down to a crawl, I do think it's a good time to evaluate the situation of the clan as a whole, how have we fared and what did we achieve, as well as falling on posible mistakes again. Now, many might say we've got some stuff sorted out, but I suppose it's spread through a myriad of threads.

So without further ado, here's my proposal in the meantime of these updates.

The BIG TK TO DO list. Because we can't get a clan going without making sure of some things first.

So far, out of my head, I've come to spot out certain things in which we could certainly improve. I won't be very ...specific in this regard, because it's an all clan thing.

#1 I am aware there's a lot of people who wants to do extra shiny projects, so we need... to actually make a resource assigment. Derivate percentages of all resources to certain kinds of use and not barter to nab x of wood just because we want to make the Wicker Man. Organization of resources was somewhat... chaotic from the time I was playing.

#2 No-nonsense failsafes. There has been sometimes where incredibly... not useful advices have made through. Now, we should devise a system that doesn't imply gutting characters dead to check if the advice is useful, or at least harmless.

#3 Faction Assesment and Diplomacy. Our interactions have been rather chaotic (moreso in the start) so a comprehensive guide of what merchandise (or barbs) we've traded with different factions might be wanted for future references. Now since labelling "good" or "bad" is highly controversial, we might as well stick to the facts only.

#4 Emergency protocols: So we don't run like headless chickens next time our city is being stomped by golems.

#5 TK Log: Now, the updates are somewhat decent with detail addition, but we might go the extra mile and have someone write a detailed log with each thing done, lost and gained each update. Might be faster for future references than browsing the archive.

I'll post more to-do lists, and I'm welcome to suggestions, but bear in mind this is meant to be highly functional, so stay clear of things like "we need a name of our awesome tikki ferris wheels" or something like that.
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Re: The End of the Term (THE DREADED TO DO LIST!)

Postby geok1ng on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:49 pm

Well said, but ...

#1- Resource organization? Fine. Derivate % of resources to certain uses? Sound almost like a good idea, except that every time a new technology is available, the resource usage pattern must change accordingly. I wont even argue with the Wicker man proposal: it is this very kind of behavior that makes the clan a valid experience and not some P2P civilization-like game. If the clan decides to do a wicker man festival, there is no Resource alocattion stopping it.

#2- non-sense failsafes? Like when 5 chars left the walls of our home to fight an enemy Horde on their own? Or more on the lines of the idea of Boar breeding, that so far has cost time and work for nothing? NO, we must gave the players the sense of group and the sense of self determination as a group, coupled with the right to act non-sensically.

#3- Diplomacy needs knowledge and planning. great idea.

#4- Emergency protocols for sure. And a growth plan: no use getting richer if we suffer from mana deprivation, no need to fear for an horde tramping us if we have nothing to be plundered.

#5 TK log. Ok, who will be responsible for this log? The GM?
geok1ng
Tik'tikki

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby minalia on Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:25 pm

Suffering mana deprivation is a not a problem to drows who are below the age of 125 for the simple fact that it takes around 50 to 100 years to die of old age.

From KIte lore.

As a body needs nourishment and care to survive, the aura of an elf needs mana. Like all fae, the elves' aura palpitates mana through its body. The more fae there are in one area, the more mana there is. Great amounts of mana produces a pool (of mana), and that pool in turn feeds the auras. So long as there is a pool of mana to draw upon, the auras remain efficient in palpitating mana. If there isn't a pool, the elven body has to produce more mana for itself, the overcompensation to feed the aura causing stress and wear upon the body. In other words, an elven body dies slowly if no pool of mana is present. Dying can take up to 50 to 100 years, quicker depending on how old or how large their aura was. In a well-developed society however, death by 'old age' is something that simply doesn't happen. It's considered a really terrible way to die.

We are not a old clan. None of us have huge auras. And in a few decades we will have hundred of little dark elves and young adult dark elves to assist us elders.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Aurawyn on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:06 am

geok1ng wrote:#2- non-sense failsafes? *Snip* Or more on the lines of the idea of Boar breeding, that so far has cost time and work for nothing?

As someone who worked on the above project, I'd like to point out that Thalar has confirmed, on Skype, that our three female boars have given birth to litters of pigletss.. This project, HAS provided something... Where else would I have gotten the piglet seen in Colony 19?
-Rizalee Sel'kestal
Tir'ay Performer
Survivor of the Fall of Shifaye'sindil
Injured during the Fall of Ther'avare
Hopeful for the Future of the Tei'Kaliath

Wanna try out the MMO RIFT?
Aurawyn
Demon

Postby Pariel on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:57 pm

Regarding points #1 and #2.

Resource allocation is more or less as it follows. We should make a system in which people actually knows how much effort are we putting in a certain direction and the demands of it. It doesn't help that while a part of the clan is working hard to get trading goods, the other half is using those trading goods for self-pleasure. Are you saying you're willingly letting this slip and go all chaotic resource wise? We might find ourselves starved at the most the unnecesary moments.

Self determination is fine, but I do remember that the most epic failures of the TK were just because some people felt like doing something stupid. It takes fifty people to get part of the infrastructure of the clan going, and yet only 5 to break it. We should make this clear that while we respect the right to play, this game doesn't bode well to Leeroy Jenkins behaviour.

The growth plan, ehh. Well mana deprivation won't be much of an issue if we don't eat the mana plants and have enough kids, but really, you're contradicting yourself. A growth plan IS resource allocation, which you frown upon.

Regarding the log, I might aswell step in and begin to do it as soon as next update happens.
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby geok1ng on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:28 am

1- i m not against resource allocation. i just do not condone the idea of blocking the use, IF the clan decides to use them. Last week there was a proposal for drinking contest between our leader and her former lover, that would waste the efforts of the wine makers.

2- it i the rules that make p2p attractive. every action counts. currently 5 people can wreck immense havoc. Would we up the bar and demand 10 supports to actually do anything?

Let the log begin
geok1ng
Tik'tikki

Return to Conference Hall