Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

How do we react to the Nal "suggestion" regarding An'jhali?

(1) Put The question into An'jhali own hands...
24%
(2) No, we stay together - no matter what!
14%
(3) Sacrifices must be made for the greater good...
62%

Total votes : 29

Re: The Nal Ultimatum

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:35 am

Well, the majority opinion on this matter is clear... And Quan has already made a suitably-worded advice in line with that: "M'lady, the Nal advice is best for everyone concerned, you, us, and them"

So if your one of the majority group than that is where you should put your votes...

JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Finish on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:48 am

Hmm maybe it's just me but, the Nal are very vague about the excat time An'Jhali has to stay in Chel. Sure, chances that she will come back right after the time skip are high. But what if she appears
a year or two after the start of PTP 2? This could be interesting.

All in all, I don't think you should outright reject the offer. Just make sure that you aren't to trustworthy. :)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby BlackFulcrum on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:39 am

Jonarus_Drakus wrote:Well, the majority opinion on this matter is clear... And Quan has already made a suitably-worded advice in line with that: "M'lady, the Nal advice is best for everyone concerned, you, us, and them"

So if your one of the majority group than that is where you should put your votes...

JD

Thanks Eh'rin, in essence it's a well worded counter to Minalia's "We will endure this humiliation and bid our time to avenge this insult" advice, which indicates that we can't do anything about it, but once we got the forces we'll kill every Nal in sight, which I disagree with completely.
I worded it like this since I don't attack someone personally, plus the way I worded it is also a way to give Anjhi some confidence that this is indeed the best thing for her, us, and the Nal.

Finish wrote:Hmm maybe it's just me but, the Nal are very vague about the excat time An'Jhali has to stay in Chel. Sure, chances that she will come back right after the time skip are high. But what if she appears
a year or two after the start of PTP 2? This could be interesting.

All in all, I don't think you should outright reject the offer. Just make sure that you aren't to trustworthy. :)

First of all, it's not an offer, it's a condition, this is pretty much non negotiable, beyond taking Anjhi and running from Chel, which is a dumb thing to do, since we need the Nals support and alliance to build this new city.
Second the 10 to 15 year gap is not a vague condition on the Nal's part, it's something that comes from Kern's news post about PtP2:
Kern wrote:3 years of game and very little was done by the clan to actually be part of Chel. People wanted to build things. Fine, the surface will make this easier.Most if not all of your current achievements will carry on to the colony thanks to a 10-15 years time jump.

This just means Kern and Thalar have not decided how long the timeskip will exactly be, or maybe the just want to keep it vague.

The Nals condition is nothing more then a plot device, Path to Power is the story of An'jhali, just as Moonless Age is the story of Ariel.
An'jhali is the main character, we see the world in Path to Power trough her eyes, having her away from the rest of the clan for 10 to 15 years, explains the timeskip, and how we suddenly have a fully build town/city where there was none before, without going into details how it was build, as Anjhi wasn't there, it was not witnessed, it's all new, she experiences it for the time, just as we will.
If you wish for peace, prepare for war

Reayna Nimariadh Tei'kaliath - Airship Denizen
Quanhir'nylwae Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath - Warrior and Guardian of Ama'varde
BlackFulcrum
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Tamo Shua on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:35 am

Standard procedure for…… she said. Information given after the agreement was given. Why withhold this until the direct question was brought up? How many other hidden bits of information will be brought up?

Here is an idea to throw out at the players. How about we just leave. Pack up our stuff give them the mine as payment for all the help they have given and leave, find another place and start again?

We don’t have to adhere to this, we can give the gm a zinger if we want and make our own way, again.

Just a thought.
Magnetic finder of strange glitches.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:21 am

It's as i predicted when we took their help- one of the consequences we will face is possible nal absorption. One thing we have forgotten is that nothing in the underworld is free- and we can't rely on plot immunity to save us from the absorption risk.

We may very likely head into ptp 2.0 with debts to repay or worse, bound to contracts that we can't back out of, like we had done before- the only thing that prevented this was often defying the whims of the clan to preserve it. We're doomed to make more mistakes if we don't step back and look at what our actions will result in 10 steps ahead of each choice instead of jumping from "now" to "now".

in essence: we need to be wiser with our choices- worse than dying would be to lose our identity.
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby BlackFulcrum on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:23 am

Looking at the vote results, and seeing that Monday (when the results were taken) was the same as today, your and my character might be butting heads in Friday/Saturday's update Xen, as it's 5vs5 votes, on the other hand we could compliment each other, depending on the way it's interpreted.

So either it's "This is a good thing for all vs. we must get avoid to get absorbed"
Or "This is a good thing to make use of, but we need to avoid getting absorbed"
We shall see what happens...

Hmm butting heads with Xen....

*sports announcer voice*
In the left corner, veteran of many battles both verbal and physical, that boobalysious wonder who stops both men and women dead in their tracks, the fighting Ambassador...XENON!!!
In the right corner, also a veteran of many battles, quiet and observing, the tattooed and scarred warrior who feels at home in the Wilds....QANHIR'NYLWAE!!! *mumbles*why does this chick has such long, and hard to pronounce name*
Oh yes ladies and gentlemen we are in for some fight, will it stay verbal or will it get physical as well?
Xenon has fought several battles, has some training in the mana arts, and as the ambassador she is clearly the favorite in a verbal contest.
Quanhir is warrior vet with several major fights and skirmishes under her belt, but in the last Tir'ray tournament she got beaten in the first round by a rookie warrior, she doesn't speak up much, has she got a hidden talent, or is she at a natural disadvantage?

And now a word from our sponser, Shiir-O's, the hardest, crunchiest breakfast cereal in the Underworld.

For some reason I couldn't help myself after my imagination got the better of me. :D

BlackFulcrum
Summoner

Postby ipyramid on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:48 am

That means it really will fall to option A, Anji's choice.
09:44 Laerei: You know, we should put Snake's way of life in Metal Gear Solid 3 into use. Met a strange animal? The question isn't "What it is?" nor "Is it dangerous?". The real question is "How does it TASTE?"
ipyramid
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby blackshade10 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:30 pm

We will never be rid of her. -_-

*goes to mope*
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby minalia on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Next time we say yes to anything. We need to ask to read contract just so we won't get our clan screwed in the end because we forgot to ask to read the damn Nal contract fine print. Hell, why not just ask then nals this..So how many other stupid rules we don't know off you gonna force us to do in the long road?
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:51 am

I don't think Kern will do something like have Anjhali brainwashed by the Nals while she's gone, and we know the Nals would be top dogs when we entered into this, we're basically helping to rebuild surface civilization instead of staying underground where we have little chance of competing with Chel's major clans and conflicts.

We can leave a guard detail with Anjhali to ensure her safety, including her man Badai.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:33 pm

BlackFulcrum wrote:Hmm butting heads with Xen....

*sports announcer voice*
In the left corner, veteran of many battles both verbal and physical, that boobalysious wonder who stops both men and women dead in their tracks, the fighting Ambassador...XENON!!!
In the right corner, also a veteran of many battles, quiet and observing, the tattooed and scarred warrior who feels at home in the Wilds....QANHIR'NYLWAE!!! *mumbles*why does this chick has such long, and hard to pronounce name*
Oh yes ladies and gentlemen we are in for some fight, will it stay verbal or will it get physical as well?
Xenon has fought several battles, has some training in the mana arts, and as the ambassador she is clearly the favorite in a verbal contest.
Quanhir is warrior vet with several major fights and skirmishes under her belt, but in the last Tir'ray tournament she got beaten in the first round by a rookie warrior, she doesn't speak up much, has she got a hidden talent, or is she at a natural disadvantage?

And now a word from our sponser, Shiir-O's, the hardest, crunchiest breakfast cereal in the Underworld.

For some reason I couldn't help myself after my imagination got the better of me. :D

I read this hile having my morning tea- it's now splattered on my screen, i giggle-snorted too hard. *wee* oh good gracious,"boobalysious", *wee* *wee* thank you quan!
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby BlackFulcrum on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:30 pm

*bows* Glad to be service, nothing like a good laugh to start the day right? 8)

BlackFulcrum
Summoner

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:40 pm

BlackFulcrum wrote:Hmm butting heads with Xen....

*sports announcer voice*

>Is laughing so hard at the "Boobalysious" bit that he fall out of his chair.... somehow (its kind 'jammed' under my desk normally to avoid this very problem)<

Good one Qan! >put up hand< High five!

JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Previous

Return to Conference Hall