Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

How do we react to the Nal "suggestion" regarding An'jhali?

(1) Put The question into An'jhali own hands...
24%
(2) No, we stay together - no matter what!
14%
(3) Sacrifices must be made for the greater good...
62%

Total votes : 29

Re: The Nal Ultimatum

Postby ipyramid on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:59 pm

I think the GM just gave what the story is away.

The American revolution anyone? It wont be Sharen or BS we will fight. We will be fighting or submitting to the Nals.
09:44 Laerei: You know, we should put Snake's way of life in Metal Gear Solid 3 into use. Met a strange animal? The question isn't "What it is?" nor "Is it dangerous?". The real question is "How does it TASTE?"
ipyramid
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Katharos Ombre on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:39 pm

You know, we could leave a handful of TK with the Nals to act as company, library bingers and messengers between Anjha'li and the clan.
vagabondage... nothing interesting yet.

Ombr'eh Totolo Tei'kaliath on Path to Power 1-2-3
Katharos Ombre
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Katharos Ombre wrote:You know, we could leave a handful of TK with the Nals to act as company, library bingers and messengers between Anjha'li and the clan.

At most a single squad of warriors as an 'honorguard' perhaps? But no more than a dozen people TOTAL - We'll need every set of hands we can get topside!

JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby James Rye on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:59 pm

Then just ask/advise if some of us can stay behind though i doubt Kern gonna accept it easily, expect for Badai or only 4-6 persons i guess.^^
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby ipyramid on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:01 pm

If the Nals, after the time skip, try to lean on Anji, they would need a chip. I think they will, some how, take Anji's child when born so they can hold influence over us. I don't think the guard will make a difference. I think that is what the GM is trying to set up.
09:44 Laerei: You know, we should put Snake's way of life in Metal Gear Solid 3 into use. Met a strange animal? The question isn't "What it is?" nor "Is it dangerous?". The real question is "How does it TASTE?"
ipyramid
Tainted

Postby Aerisa on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Leave Anjhi to them, schooling will do her a world of good anyway. But also insist to have a few of our own(changed periodically) to stay with her at all time. She is the Illarh'ress of the Tei'kaliath, she NEEDS to be with her people, not isolated from them.
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13359

More to come! *cross fingers*
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Xalgoz on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:19 pm

It's quite possible Anjhali's child will be of age to be enrolled in Ortho by the end of the timeskip, and wouldn't go to the colony at any rate.
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon

Postby blackjack217 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Xalgoz wrote:It's quite possible Anjhali's child will be of age to be enrolled in Ortho by the end of the timeskip, and wouldn't go to the colony at any rate.

Ortho won't be functioning at the end of the timskip. War and all.
Anareth Nimaraidh
Ceterum autem censeo, Siyah-khorshed esse delendam!
blackjack217
Demon

Postby blackshade10 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:33 am

Wait, seriously?

We're going to play this game without worrying about breaking our poor sensitive leaders self-esteem every other update?

We get to just play the game and do things without constantly stressing over how Anj will look at it?

Fuck yeah! :D

*APPROVES*
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby BlackFulcrum on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:26 am

It's far far better this way, if PtP1 has proven anything it's that Anjhi, and by extent us, does not know enough of Chellian politics to deal with....well any of the clans really be they big or small, it's one of the main things she not only must learn, but must experience, so say a few weeks of Ortho..that's not going to be enough, 15 years of Ortho and Chel, ya she'll be properly experienced and hardened.
And to the people who think of saying, ya but we're going to be independent from Chel, Rel'Lumia just told us, we're we are going to be a sister clan to the Nals, logic dictates that our main trading partner is still going to be Chel who would want what we produce, as we want the rare ores that they dig up far below.

As for the Nals point of view, I can understand it fully, they cannot risk a potential hostile clan in on of their own potential settling areas, plus remember the deal was the Nals could send other settlers to live in our town, if we're hostile, that would be an issue.

And honestly I trust the Nals, sure they got their own agenda, so do we, you gotta begin somewhere, so ya, even is she dislikes the idea, she's gonna have to stay, it will benefit all, her, us, the Nals.
Plus, since we technically immortal, the passing of time will feel different, a decade will pass soon enough, it would be like turning page. (pun intended)

Also for the people suggesting that some of us stay behind, or even some sort of honor guard, I do want to remind you that full time students get housed within Ortho, like Ariel, Crys'tel, Naal'suul, and Faen, and that Anjhi is supposed to do that under the pretense of being a Nal'Sarkoth, and that the rules say that inside Ortho, no guards, servants, or slaves are allowed to the students, so forget about that idea.
If you wish for peace, prepare for war

Reayna Nimariadh Tei'kaliath - Airship Denizen
Quanhir'nylwae Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath - Warrior and Guardian of Ama'varde
BlackFulcrum
Summoner

Postby Hellsion on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:28 am

why is everyone fretting over this? its a pretty good deal.

:U "BHUT AHNJI HAS TO STAY WIT DE NAAAALZA!!!!"

So? she gets a seeecret identity and goes to proper school until shit goes down in ortho. Whereupon the Nals themselves will most likely take over her education and then she comes back to us and we keep her for good. story keeps going.

The end, the snack bar is down the hall to the left.
Hellsion
Vel'akar

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Catriana on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:31 am

Hellsion wrote:why is everyone fretting over this? its a pretty good deal.

:U "BHUT AHNJI HAS TO STAY WIT DE NAAAALZA!!!!"

So? she gets a seeecret identity and goes to proper school until shit goes down in ortho. Whereupon the Nals themselves will most likely take over her education and then she comes back to us and we keep her for good. story keeps going.

The end, the snack bar is down the hall to the left.

This. PtP 2 is going to happen regardless, so what are we afraid of? She's not gonna die, which would be the biggest and main concern.

I say do eet.

Edit: BS, I ♥ you so much bb. *wee*
Last edited by Catriana on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby ipyramid on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:45 am

It is the differences in the starting conditions that are being questioned.
ipyramid
Tainted

Postby Catriana on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:46 am

What's to question? Regardless, the game is going to begin a certain way, 15 years later. I seriously doubt we're going to be screwed before we even begin so...what's the problem?
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby AthenAltena on Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:30 am

I have no objections to it, and it's probably a setup for introducing us to the new colony through her since it is technically her story.
AthenAltena
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Conference Hall