Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Last minute preparations before we leave to the surface.

Postby minalia on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:19 pm

Since we are leaving chel in a permanent move and we have some amount of ada money that will be next to useless in the surface we should go and spend most of it in some items our clan is gonna need in a daily basis.

For our clan survival in a hostile terrain where there is many many swarms of bugs that can suck the blood from our drowish bodies quite fast we need something that can deal with them..yet is friendly to us.

We are gonna buy spiders, large hairy docile domesticated tarantulas like spiders preferably spiders that are between 2 feet and 4 feet big that will help us in securing our reign in the food chain and introducing another predator in the forest will help our claim towards it.

Anyone else has other good ideas in last minute purchases? Remember we got 200+ ada to spend and some gold bars left to be used during transactions with the halmes.
Last edited by minalia on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Last minute preparations before we leave to the surface.

Postby drakanor on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:26 pm

Well for starters How about a months worth of rations.
Then we could try to figure out some sort of repellent for the bugs that doesn't spook the spiders.
Some axes and stuff for getting rid of the trees.
Some more gear for the various professions as well.
ImageGroup On Deviantart.
drakanor
Summoner

Postby Ein'keos on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:36 pm

Gold. That will be very useful on the surface, it`ll allow us to trade with the halmes for alot of useful stuff.
Ein'keos Al'dun Teikaliath - Builder
Ein'keos
Vel'akar

Postby minalia on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:58 pm

We actualy have 2 months worth of food reserves that the harvesters collected before running away from our home. As for gold we have 1 bar of gold and 23 coins of gold. We could trade the gold jewelry we have in the inventory since gold has no real use in mana manipulation. In a sense gold has as much value to drows as copper is for humans. We could also bring the 200 units of coal to be used in trading with the halmes. Strange i know we don't really need it with all the future wood we gonna be cutting off.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby drakanor on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:17 pm

Also I agree with the boatloads of gold bit.
ImageGroup On Deviantart.
drakanor
Summoner

Postby Tamo Shua on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:47 am

Gold is good, also silver, copper, and other metals will be of value to them.
Magnetic finder of strange glitches.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Postby benuminister on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Humm... I would say we should also invest in slaves if it doen't get abolished. The more hands we have working on the surface the better. Plus ada will become useless as soon as we get to the surface so I suggest spending what we can now instead of risking our supplies getting cut later.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Tamo Shua on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:20 am

Hold on there, spending all the ada may be a mistake, consider the outposts as we head for the surface, also on the surface. Well my reasons are selfish, I want bug spray or ointment, or whatever it is.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Postby Hfar on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Tamo Shua wrote:Hold on there, spending all the ada may be a mistake, consider the outposts as we head for the surface, also on the surface. Well my reasons are selfish, I want bug spray or ointment, or whatever it is.

How's about some more essential items first, then we buy luxury goods. ^^
We shall settle this in the ancient way. WITH A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tamo Shua on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:30 am

Eh? Essential? I know not this word.

buy ya, i guess
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Postby ipyramid on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:29 pm

I suggest training in botany.
09:44 Laerei: You know, we should put Snake's way of life in Metal Gear Solid 3 into use. Met a strange animal? The question isn't "What it is?" nor "Is it dangerous?". The real question is "How does it TASTE?"
ipyramid
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby minalia on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:10 pm

If no one has a problem i will put a LA advice about going to buy some big power gems so that we can build a few big vehicules to help out in construction work im gonna go and attempt to get us at least 5 big powergems. Each of them are valued at 20 ada.

So far pretty much every attempt in obtaining ressources in the LA has failed miserably but this will be the last damn attempt at trying to get something done in the LA page. If this fails like every other idea that was proposed in the weeks before then its a damn waste of time of even trying to get shit done by the LA.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby benuminister on Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Shouldn't we focus more on buying tools, axes, shovels, etc. as well as tents and rope?
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:54 pm

WE have some of those things already... But having extras can't hurt...

What we should focus on however, i acquiring things that we don't already have, and that are only available in Chel (at least with any reliability).

JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby James Rye on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:02 am

*Inquire about Haledri breeding. Buy a pair in Chel for transport/breeding.*

I have put in this advise in respose to Kern´s answer towards the packlizards breeding and usefulnessa t the surface.
Haledri are ideal pack animals for the surface, not lazy, friendly, easy to handle and we will be able to breed them above where the sun shines.

I hope that my advise will get the necessary 5 votes to pass so that we can see the result.

We will need pack animals for the beginning of our journey as well as help for building stuff and transport goods somewhere else. So Haledri are a very good, useful and cheap way to replace our now soon useless pack lizards.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Next

Return to Conference Hall