Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

What will be our relationship with the Val Nel?

Postby Black Rabbit on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:04 am

What will be our relationship with the Val Nel in this colony?

Putting this on the forum to hopefully generate a few votes and stimulate some discussion beyond which area looks coolest to settle (they all look cool IMHO!).

I think its important to be critical of our alliance with the Val Nel's in terms of what its long term costs will be. I think we should try and be aware of what support they may offer us in establishing this colony and what this support will cost us in turn. If support is likely to end us in indentured servitude then I think it would be better for us to take an area that we can reasonably tackle ourselves. If the support is generous then maybe we can take on a area that is more challenging. I think it is preferable that we take the option that gives us the most independence and we should sell this to the Val Nel (if they oppose such a view) as more cost effective for them in the long run with more willing allies as a result.
Black Rabbit
Nether Spawn

Re: What will be our relationship with the Val Nel?

Postby Xalgoz on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:07 am

Nal Sarkoth is the clan name, not Nel. "Val" is just a genertic term for noble, like Sir or Lady. So Val'Nal'Sarkoth is the formal clan name, but in common usage they are called Nal Sarkoths or just Nals.
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Black Rabbit on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:11 am

Ah my bad, which also most likely renders my advice useless as well in its current wording :(
Black Rabbit
Nether Spawn

Postby FireSpirit on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:19 am

I think it was outlined pretty clearly in epilogue1. We would have to accept Chelians picked by the Nal's from the common folk. I think it would operate more like the people who were colonizing the cavern that we could tax, or as a way for new people to introduce their characters, assuming the Tei'kaliath would have some way to welcome new people into the clan.

Black Rabbit wrote:What will be our relationship with the Val Nel in this colony?

Putting this on the forum to hopefully generate a few votes and stimulate some discussion beyond which area looks coolest to settle (they all look cool IMHO!).

I think its important to be critical of our alliance with the Val Nel's in terms of what its long term costs will be. I think we should try and be aware of what support they may offer us in establishing this colony and what this support will cost us in turn. If support is likely to end us in indentured servitude then I think it would be better for us to take an area that we can reasonably tackle ourselves. If the support is generous then maybe we can take on a area that is more challenging. I think it is preferable that we take the option that gives us the most independence and we should sell this to the Val Nel (if they oppose such a view) as more cost effective for them in the long run with more willing allies as a result.
FireSpirit
Nether Spawn

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Return to Conference Hall