Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

There can be only one??

Postby FireSpirit on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:26 pm

The Shoutbox is full of which one spot to choose as though once we are there we are glued in place and unable to do anything about it. It took nearly all the warriors being wiped out (from what I read in the archive) to get the Tei'kaliath to leave the ruins they found when the game first started.

My proposal is that we start off in area 4. An area that seems the safest, for now, with access to trade routes and good defenses on all sides. The reasons I have heard against this are that the sarghress are interested (they have expressed an interest, so have the Nal'sarkoth... they've also expressed an interest in wiping out the Sharen.. hasn't happened yet). They made threats against us at the moon festival because we were allied with the Sharen. We have no political agenda, and since we are leaving the area of Chel, no reason to continue that alliance. We could start over and make allies of the Sarghress if/when they come. We could work into the cliffs for more stable, more easily defensible dwellings.

We could also form our own expeditionary parties to stake out area 5, and spend a few days learning what threats exist, as well as when and where they were encountered, so that we can build with a plan instead of haphazardly, and make sure that we are ready to overcome anything that comes at us. Then we could cultivate great crops there, and while maintaining the stronghold in area 4, trade them with the caravans that regularly move goods into Chel.

I suppose the first move of this plan would to be ask if it would be possible to exist in two areas. I would emphasize that the main body of the clan would only be in one area or the other at any given time.

We could then send out our own expeditions to area 9 to check out the ruins, tho I'm sure that Kern would frown on anyone wanting to play Relic Hunters within PtP.
FireSpirit
Nether Spawn

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: There can be only one??

Postby James Rye on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:34 pm

Then please vote for my advise so that we will see a detailed map of 4 so that we can compare it to option 5/6, the only ones we got so far.^^
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby 3Power on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:58 pm

We are glued in once place. Kern has said nothing about being able to settle multiple locations. The fact is that the majority of the clan supports five as the superior choice. I know you'd probably like to assume that we could easily expand, but it's not that simple. We cannot split into groups too small, and even if we were to attempt it, there will be countless other priorities that will get in the way of such an attempt. Look at all the stuff in ptp1 that was put off until it was too late. Periphery settlements will be forgotten as soon as greater threats present themselves.
Trey'la in Path to Power.
We gotta go, We've got nothing to lose, now time has come for us to get out.
We gotta go, If we're going down, well let's go down in flames!
3Power
Summoner

Postby FireSpirit on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:06 am

I would but that doesn't find out whether we can "occupy" two places such as I'm suggesting. Everyone in the shoutbox is saying that since Kern hasn't said we can be in two places that we can't. He hasn't told us we can walk either, since we all know we can. I think the hard part would be for people to remember where they are so they don't try to give support to someone who is miles away.

I'm not talking about periphery settlements! We had healers wandering Chel. We would settle in 4 until our scouts have given us a map that we could lay plans to, then move to 5, while keeping a trading post in 4, similiar to the healers moving through Chel.
FireSpirit
Nether Spawn

Postby Thalar on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:16 am

The choice you make is permanent, you cannot move the settlement once it is established. So it is important that you think things through carefully when you make this decision. And no, you cannot attempt to settle multiple locations. It is one location only.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby James Rye on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:20 am

Which makes it even more important to get more infos about other, maybe better starting places for a colony, then hasting into a rushed decision.^^
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby FireSpirit on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:21 am

Ok,... that answers that question... good to know *sigh* but what about maintaining a trading post? or having our own trading caravan?
FireSpirit
Nether Spawn

Postby Finish on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:11 pm

FireSpirit wrote:Ok,... that answers that question... good to know *sigh* but what about maintaining a trading post? or having our own trading caravan?

I think that's something to worry about if you survive the first few years and battles. :) If the TK gets beaten by the first serious foe that comes along, again, you wasted your
time to create a network of trading posts just to lose it shorty afterward.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Postby Tamo Shua on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:19 am

If you want trade then spot number two is the best bet. Next to some mountains, well on each side. Caravans run through there all the time. The land is becoming fertile so growing stuff to sell is/will not be a problem.

Just setting up ins and a place for the caravans to safely rest will bring in cash. Building warehouses for storage will make that section of there route travel time shorter, they can drop off stuff have it transferred or sold ect…

As far as foes go want to bet the BS show up. Again.
Magnetic finder of strange glitches.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Postby FireSpirit on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:51 pm

I think regardless of where we settle, there are bound to be resources we want that will not be readily available in the surrounding area. #2 specified "it would be impossible to keep the colony a secret". I think having our own trading caravan would keep other drow from knowing exactly where our colony is (whether in 4, 5, 6, or 9) while still maintaining contact and a way to get resources we otherwise would not be able to get. I doubt we want to be completely dependent on the Nal clan in that regard, otherwise we would have just agreed to become a house of their clan.

This will be the last I speak on this until we do settle in our new area unless someone else has something new to add.

I also believe the lack of interest in 4 by most people is because all we've seen of it doesn't look very green, and even though it's just a game, the idea of more mushrooms and tiktikki burgers sounds boring, but if there are plains, we can grow grains. (hehe, i rhymed) Access to wood itself is a great resource which doesn't seem abundant enough in 2 or 4.
FireSpirit
Nether Spawn

Postby waffleferret on Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:59 pm

even if we can only pick one spot , like spot 4 for example , remember we can still send groups out to places that have resorces we need and bring them back like the forest at location 5 :w
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby minalia on Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:06 pm

You guys seems to forget that sending someone out in a resource hunt takes time, food and add the danger factor that the further they are away, the more time it will take for them to come back..and they cannot get any aid support if they end up fighting against a hostile presence. Add that anyone not in our city is 1 less person able to help out in city projects or home defense.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tamo Shua on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:53 pm

It comes to my mind as to why we want to keep ourselves a secret? That mentality kept us from integrating with Chel did it not?
Magnetic finder of strange glitches.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Postby waffleferret on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:36 pm

minalia wrote:You guys seems to forget that sending someone out in a resource hunt takes time, food and add the danger factor that the further they are away, the more time it will take for them to come back..and they cannot get any aid support if they end up fighting against a hostile presence. Add that anyone not in our city is 1 less person able to help out in city projects or home defense.

no matter where u live on a planet somewhere else will have things you need or want , even if we live in an area that has the most reasorces doesn't mean we won't need something from another place. thats why we will need to make supply lines and send groups out and so on plus no matter where we go their will be dangers.

B.T.W. is it posible to move the floating islands? like bring a few big ones back to the forest and live on them with less danger and close to reasorces even if it would take alot to move them?
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby minalia on Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:42 pm

in theory we could move them, but it will require actualy building on site multiple large propellers powered by large powergems to give us enough power to move a a floating rock the size of a small 1 floor house. Hell we could build a airship with lots of ropes to bring in smaller rocks with some crazy as hell daredevils willing to climb all over that rope to install steel chains capable of making sure the rock will follow the airships movements.

But like i said once people leave the zone of where most of the game is being played at..they are gone from the comic until they return. That's how it works. This game ptp centers to people who are around the city and the region of where the ptp game is being held.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Conference Hall