Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Mimaneid

Postby dialacton21 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Maybe it's a good idea to discuss Mimaneid. It was refered to in the comic but not elaborated on. It's a little too late to post an advice about this in the LA but maybe it's an idea to ask the Nal about them next turn. Thoughts anyone?
Dialacton21. Also known as Durruti the Red Handed.

The Past is Practice, the Present is Experience, and the Future is Awesome.
Clan: Telkiath, Role: Miner (with a capital M)
dialacton21
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Mimaneid

Postby minalia on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:38 pm

I got pics from DD but ain't no way i can link them here. All i can say is this. The current ruling clan of the city of Minameid might be the Val Kashyra. This info is around 200-300 years out of date but since drows tend to stay in power for many centuries this big clan might still be in power by the time we meet their war parties and engage them in battle for our very survival.

They name their high Queen, the grand marshal, they are highly militarised ever since they got rid of the Nals because the Nals were weak in the eyes of the Kashyra. They are also extremely oportunists when it comes to possibly finding old abandonned drow ruins to scavenge any ressources they can get their greedy hands on.

Just imagine the Sharens with the depravity of the Suls with empath manipulation plus with the cruelty and manipulation of a standard Big clan and you got a good image of the Val Kashyra. They do not hesitate in using horrific torture methods to make their slave women barren. Hell they freaking make our overseers look like mother teresa in the way their mistreat their slaves.

They also have the great blue dragon who is extremely old and very wise but seems to be a neutral party on the affairs of the city. He is more interested in doing research then playing politics with the younglings. Their city is incredibly well crafted, they possess beautiful aquaduct system and lots of plants..probable remains of the Nals accomplisment that the remaining clans in Minameid got their hands on. We might obtain more info on minameids later on DD that migth reveal more on this city.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Ein'keos on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:26 pm

The wiki hasn't been updated with this information, but about a year and a half ago I read a world setting page Kite wrote on Mimaneid. It's built into and around the giant roots of an enormous "World Tree" and in the branches of that tree far above the surface lives Vidopnir, the powerful and wise dragon Minalia spoke of, but he's not associated with any political faction, that's literally and figuratively beneath him.

Other things we know about Mimaneid: The Nal'Sarkoth were driven from there and judging by their comments this update I think we can assume their enemies still live there. Another possibility is that the current ruling clan of Mimaneid is hostile to any foreign clan. It was stated in the EA of day 75 outside the gathering of the clans that the ruling clan of that city was threatening Val'Illhardro and Vel'Sharen interests outside of Chel. Could be they are expansive empire builders who as a rule look to conquer and subjugate appealing underworld targets and don't stay as stupidly focused on their own city as the Chelians. That's utter conjecture though, but i'd trust the Nal'Sarkoth if they say settling in site 6 will likely bring us into conflict with them.
Last edited by Ein'keos on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ein'keos Al'dun Teikaliath - Builder
Ein'keos
Vel'akar

Postby dialacton21 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:48 pm

I'm subscribed to DD as well and considering that this current story line is about the Jaal' drya I have difficulty making comparisons with the Nals or the current situation in Minaneid. That and that it is totally non canon.

I totally trust the Nals on this count that Minaneid totally not nice dudes are. However, there is still no harm in asking why.
dialacton21
Summoner

Postby Xalgoz on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:56 am

Daydream stories are often canon-ish. Meaning the specific characters and choices introduced by players may not have actually happened, but the background and setting created for a specific story is.
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon

Postby minalia on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:26 pm

That women in the upper left is the High queen of Minameid. That slave girl on the upper right is a surviving Nal that was enslaved and made barren by the high queen orders. The lower characters are Jaals..basicaly the dark elf is the grandmother of the cold hearted man hating bitch leader of the jaals..thats the little Asira on the right will grow up as.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Talancir on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:25 pm

the picture needs to be bigger.......
PTP / RH - Eldri'caldeyi - former burgoisie (Press my shirt, lowly prole!), Architect of Ama'varde, Relic Hunter of Sohei Thunder.

Main Archive: Lysire'indris Beli'cadrin - Warden of the Twin Eyes "and Belph'aegor is a hottie!"
Talancir
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Return to Conference Hall