Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Selling our mine.

Postby minalia on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:33 pm

There the title explains it all. We can just give the mine to the nals in exchange of some of their pack mounts..the same kind the merchants had when they did their trading with us.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Selling our mine.

Postby James Rye on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Sounds good. That is if we are still able to claim control over it so that we can trade it at all. Otherwise the Nals already have it. ^^
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Tamo Shua on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Why not keep the mine, some may want to stay, do trips back and forth maybe. Or rent it out for a portion of the output. Iron gems are expensive on the surface.
Magnetic finder of strange glitches.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Postby waffleferret on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:52 am

I'm under the oppresion that we lost all the land in chel during the attack , keeping the mine so farway from home we'll be extreamly hard anyway :(
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby kirio on Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:24 pm

We still had military control over the mine at the end and have a contract from buying it from the Svartelos, so there is a decent chance that it will still be acknowledged as ours. :)
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Tyrel on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:48 pm

Selling it for a decent size purse of ada that we can use to add to our treasury when we go to the surface would be a good idea IMO, the extra cash will come in handy if we need to buy supplies that are hard to get on the surface...
Tyrel
Summoner

Postby Zeedr on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:33 pm

I don't know how useful ada will be on the surface. Anything we couldn't find easily on the surface we could probably set up some kind of trade with the Nals to get. I mean, there's a lot of stuff on the surface you can't find in Chel. Something we can start using immediately and that will be constantly useful, like the pack mounts, seem like a better idea to me. Or maybe we can get some warmounts?... }:3 I really want warmounts...
Ral Totolo Tei'kaliath- Warrior
Totolo Family- Open to new members, but you have to be tight with everyone.
Zeedr
Tainted

Postby drakanor on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:57 am

Well I can sort of see your point there Zeedr... War mounts do tend to make good eats. Seriously though we are better off getting its value in supplies that we'll need once we get up to the surface. For instance: seeds and dried food stuffs.

Edit: Yes thats a lot of food but the thing is that we'll most likely need the food as well as a few more pack lizards to carry it all.
ImageGroup On Deviantart.
drakanor
Summoner

Postby Tamo Shua on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Trade the mine for useless gold? The humans love that stuff. :)
Magnetic finder of strange glitches.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Postby Exate on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:26 pm

I weep for the loss of my beloved mine...

...but seriously, it's probably a good idea. Though considering that we'll have a timeskip to deal with here, I'd question how much good anything that we can sell it for will do us; presumably we'll have used up any one-time influx of cash long before the next game starts.
Exate
Demon

Postby minalia on Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:02 pm

Oh its simple really.. we sell our mine to afford Anjhali summoning training. The leader of the clan must be the most powerful member of the clan, Waes, Quaintana. Ash warren and Karla are all the toughest bitches of their respective clan because they got the skills and the respect from those said skills. Besides that removes said possible blackmail attempts from wannabe summoners that suddenly quit during a important battle that will screw us up badly.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:59 am

Giving our Illhar some extra mana skills seems a cool idea to me, also she could be more useful during battles (which we´ll get) and we could finaly stop to treat her like a baby when she can summon.^^
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Merlune on Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:54 pm

While summoning might be good for our Illhar, remember, currently only those that are tainted are taught and I do not want that to happen to our lady.

Maybe we just have her learn some high arts, or set up the bases for our own art, like the bio-golems are for the Jaal'darya.

But this is getting off topic; but I agree, we should sell the mine if we can and try to get something out of it. Maybe we can us the profits as a nest egg for a rainy day.
Merlune
Summoner

Postby minalia on Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:33 pm

Huh, i was more into asking the nals to be the ones to teach Anjhali (not those tainted bitches at orthobas) traditional summoning only and the arts of closing and opening nethergates for our own protection against demons. Tainting is basicaly a death sentence.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Aerisa on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:45 am

minalia wrote:Huh, i was more into asking the nals to be the ones to teach Anjhali (not those tainted bitches at orthobas) traditional summoning only and the arts of closing and opening nethergates for our own protection against demons. Tainting is basicaly a death sentence.

This would seem like a very good idea, the question however, is how to fit all of these characteristic into one small option... and not have Kern misread it as he's infamously known for doing.
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13359

More to come! *cross fingers*
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Next

Return to Conference Hall