Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

What be your will clan Tei'Kaliath?

Stand our ground and don't give in!
35%
Take the fight to them and show no mercy!
14%
Regroup and prepare for the final blow!
13%
Retreat and make a run for Chel!
11%
Kicking Kern's arse for screwing us over so royally. :|
27%

Total votes : 71

Re: In This Darkest Hour...

Postby waffleferret on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Bamawing , Xexe , I know this is true but if you think about it thats true with every single contry and every single person in the entire world . The only thing that makes cultures and goverments work to gether at all ever , is the ideal of survival , sacrifice for greater rewards , and the ability to work together towards single goals and causes , when everyone wants one that they need each other to achive diffrences are layed aside to another day , my point is that it is possible to get everyone to work to gether , the current system needs to be tweaked alittle so when we fail to stand together then we fall together , just like in real life and how it would be n the drow culture as well . PtP should be able to work but not with out some form of structure and pecking order , there is hardly anything stoping people from silly disagreement and trying things that should cost them but dosent. *hmmm*
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Bamawing on Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:35 am

I put an advice to leave. Dunno if anyone'll vote for it, or if it was even put up early enough! :P I suppose we'll see.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Thalar on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:02 am

Bamawing wrote:I put an advice to leave. Dunno if anyone'll vote for it, or if it was even put up early enough! :P I suppose we'll see.

Too early, the votes were taken back when the script was written, and you'll have to wait for the update before posting a new LA option.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Taruna on Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Thalar wrote:
Bamawing wrote:I put an advice to leave. Dunno if anyone'll vote for it, or if it was even put up early enough! :P I suppose we'll see.

Too early, the votes were taken back when the script was written, and you'll have to wait for the update before posting a new LA option.

In addition, I would like to point at: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=14489 to read at your convenience, of course.
Taruna Tei'kaliath - Former Warmaster - 2nd Tir'ay Champ (Warr.)
Family
Nimaraidh
Because inside of everyone of us is a warrior
Whose courage is like a sword
But the biggest weapon is his heart
(Silbermond - Krieger des Lichts)
Taruna
Vel'akar

Postby Finish on Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:46 pm

Assuming we leave, what's next? Where to run? Where to hide? Unless the BS are stupid, they'll try kill our Illhar. Remember those guys were behind the destruction of our old city.
They've learned that we as Clan survived and gather under the last heir of the old Illharess. They will not make the same mistake again. Especially since we would be "out for their
blood" this time.

If we leave through the south gate nothing stops the group in the west to catch up with us. Unless we leave people behind to cover the escape. Also we must move fast. That means
we can't carry along the wounded who are unable to walk as well as most of our stuff.

And then we need to find a shelter. This isn't easy with the BS in our neck. We can't hope that they will stop attacking us just because we reach Chel. They still can slaugther us in the
streets as long as they don't hurt commoners.
The mine is a dead end. We need some time to reopen the entrance to the Sarghress area. Time we don't have with the BS in our neck.
It takes even longer if there are no MS or builder with earth sorcery around.

If we leave Ther we need a plan. A good one.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby blackshade10 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:16 pm

Using everything we have to retreat to a protective clan, preferably Great Clan, and making it there would ensure us some protection I believe. Sullisin'rune are on such clan, I think they'd offer there protection. If that happens, Black Sun would have to deal with the Sarghress too if they tried to attack the Sullisin'rune(and I think even the Sharen might have to help due to some treaty.... not sure. Don't quote me on that.)

The hard part is GETTING there. We could use all our golems and possibly the BS golem to transport the wounded, also the pack lizards, and have the healthier non-warriors carry the wounded while the scouts and still-living warriors fight off any pursuing Black Sun.

Just an idea.
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Ein'keos on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:18 pm

blackshade10 wrote:Using everything we have to retreat to a protective clan, preferably Great Clan, and making it there would ensure us some protection I believe. Sullisin'rune are on such clan, I think they'd offer there protection. If that happens, Black Sun would have to deal with the Sarghress too if they tried to attack the Sullisin'rune(and I think even the Sharen might have to help due to some treaty.... not sure. Don't quote me on that.)

The hard part is GETTING there. We could use all our golems and possibly the BS golem to transport the wounded, also the pack lizards, and have the healthier non-warriors carry the wounded while the scouts and still-living warriors fight off any pursuing Black Sun.

Just an idea.

But that's an automatic lose. If we get absorbed into another clan we're just their subhouse and lose our independence as a separate clan. I'm not sure it'd be considered any different then getting killed off and if our characters would be able to be part of 2.0 if we did this.
Ein'keos Al'dun Teikaliath - Builder
Ein'keos
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:33 pm

Ein'keos wrote:
blackshade10 wrote:Using everything we have to retreat to a protective clan, preferably Great Clan, and making it there would ensure us some protection I believe. Sullisin'rune are on such clan, I think they'd offer there protection. If that happens, Black Sun would have to deal with the Sarghress too if they tried to attack the Sullisin'rune(and I think even the Sharen might have to help due to some treaty.... not sure. Don't quote me on that.)

Just an idea.

But that's an automatic lose. If we get absorbed into another clan we're just their subhouse and lose our independence as a separate clan. I'm not sure it'd be considered any different then getting killed off and if our characters would be able to be part of 2.0 if we did this.

Only if the Sul absorb us, and at this point, we're pretty fucked anyway, so meh. I doubt that we'd lose our characters.
--
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Finish on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:11 pm

The Suls doesn't seems like a good idea. Why should they open their gates for a Clan of total strangers who can't offer them anything valuable? We're not even allies.

The chances that ANY other Clan would just let us in without absorbing us is around zero. Silice escaped to the Sarghress and now her followers are just a subhouse.
The Dutan'vor escaped to the Sarghress/Kyorl and now they are just a subhouse. If we flee to a Val Clan we are now longer a own Clan. We're a Subhouse if we are lucky and
still enough in numbers. While our characters wouldn't be dead, they would be still "lost".

But if there's no other way out, I suggest the Nal. We would end as a Subhouse, too. But at least our Illhar and some characters would survive. And because of our
relations with them chances that they send us away are less likely.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Postby blackshade10 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Finish wrote:The Suls doesn't seems like a good idea. Why should they open their gates for a Clan of total strangers who can't offer them anything valuable? We're not even allies.

The chances that ANY other Clan would just let us in without absorbing us is around zero. Silice escaped to the Sarghress and now her followers are just a subhouse.
The Dutan'vor escaped to the Sarghress/Kyorl and now they are just a subhouse. If we flee to a Val Clan we are now longer a own Clan. We're a Subhouse if we are lucky and
still enough in numbers. While our characters wouldn't be dead, they would be still "lost".

But if there's no other way out, I suggest the Nal. We would end as a Subhouse, too. But at least our Illhar and some characters would survive. And because of our
relations with them chances that they send us away are less likely.

Actually, we aren't total strangers, we've had past dealings with them before. :) I'm simply offering a possible solution to the common idea of "fuck everything, we're gonna die anyway."

And I personally don't see the difference between the Nal and the Sul. It isn't like the Sul will kill us. And the Sul aren't exactly the types to pass up a chance for new allies. : P
--
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby James Rye on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:05 pm

How about we wait for the update. Maybe it´s not a so bad one in whcih we lose our warmistress and half of our warriors in one go.^^;

if it´s a good one or at least east is defended succesful, then i think we shouldn´t run at all since in west around 14 BS-warriors without MS aren´t much of a threat when the gate is closed.
Plus we have our techs/scouts/Lua`nar at conference room with heavy crossbows and bolts ready to support the 9 people at west.
And an ambassador with the Illhar who may see/react to that Siksa warrior at the hill. Maybe a mana flare would be helpful to call them?

It all depends on the update:
- is it a bad one even runnign away may be useless as the BS breaks through the defense line and rush in one go to the conference room and even if we escape through the gate, the BS from west would come around and be in our way. Face it, we´re all exhausted and almost everyone is wounded, those who are nearly dead needs people to carry them which are much slower and can defend themselves as good as without them anymore.
- is it a good one, the healers should instead of running start to heal the warriors whilethe crafters makes bangages from clothes/other stuff we got for that treatment. Also Illhar,Ambassador,techs and scouts should go together with Lua`nar and the heavy crossbows to the west gate. With that man power the 14 BS warriors may overthink attacking a well-defend wall. The big group in east needs to secure the fallen wall, the supplies, the golem, the pack lizards and the dead BS=loot. A small group of warriors/scouts may be send to west wall for support. The rest of that group needs to guard the fallen wall (like builder with packlizards and forgeworkers and maybe some volunteers/overseers and make a group of guys (harvesters and miners for example) which take all the warriors/ithers who are still laying there cause of nearly dead or so wounded that they can´t move (wonder why Kern made it that way. Whatever.).

Update will be up soon, so we will know what to do.

i dislike the idea of running away cause:
- we have not the manpower to guard such an expedition
- everyone´s exhausted aka no one can run away or fight that good anymore
- there are still BS at east and west (for now), north is closed so south is the only way to escape which means we may get attacked from both west and east if we´re unlucky.
- we do NOT have another safe haven to escape to:
Chel is too far, Sasunra is unsafe, Nal´s too far, the mine may be near but it´s a dead end like it was for the Dvarka. So i see running away jsut as a *we die one turn later*-scenario. :P

EDIT:
That update went quite better then thought.^^

BS at east are as good as down as is their leader. So we ahve to only worry about those at west and in east we´ve got with *Lady Sayait*´s body a pretty good threat to scare the BS all away.
Once we catch her - alive or dead, we have the total overhand!

She would be like a trump card! An Ace! She´s like their An`Jhali and you can imagine what we would be ready to do to make sure that Lady An'Jhali doesn´t die or her body gets treated dishonourable. :D
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Bamawing on Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:42 am

Thalar wrote:

Noted and done. And I want to pee on the Siska's doors.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby waffleferret on Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:04 am

If we go to any great clan I think it should be the Nal' they came to the edge of our chamberand are in close reach , have helped up before and we simply don't have any way of knowing if anyone else would even bother. we need to talk to them in the every least.
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Previous

Return to Conference Hall