Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Continue going to school for "free?"

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 15

Sharen Assistance, Continued Orth. Studying (Poll)

Postby 3Power on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:42 pm

In the previous poll on the the sharen issue, the issue brought up was that given that we are already in debt (not literally) to the sharen due to the orth. training, we had to question whether or not it would be wise to accept the additional sharen assistance offered. The clan voted that it would be not, with a margin of 15 to 13.

Following from that, the builders have expressed a wish to go to Orth having never gone previously. However, they apparently alreadly have earth mana, and so the question remains as to whether or not they would be going for basic or advanced training. According to what khaless has said, advanced training costs five times as much and takes much longer. Thus, our "debt" to the sharen would continue to increase at a much greater rate, especially if other ranks started going for a second time.

So yeah, simple question, should we keep attending orth for "free?"
Trey'la in Path to Power.
We gotta go, We've got nothing to lose, now time has come for us to get out.
We gotta go, If we're going down, well let's go down in flames!
3Power
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Sharen Assistance, Continued Orth. Studying (Poll)

Postby Xalgoz on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:45 pm

I do not consider continuing to go to Ortho as an escalation of our involvement with the Sharen, and as such have no problems with it's continuation, despite voting against asking for further Sharen material and/or assistance in the previous poll.
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:47 pm

the question you are asking is not about going to ortho for free, but whether we should accept the sharen's assistance. No matter what course of response you will have, the answer will remain: do we keep being nice to the sharen, who can squash us quite easily and we have been benefitting from the alliance (deny that we haven't made signifigant progress through them, and i'll call you a fool.) or do we cut it off. (which is ALSO foolish.)

this is ridiculous, i'd rather we focus on what else we can do to expand, not hen over what we already have and are good with.
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby 3Power on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:50 pm

the question you are asking is not about going to ortho for free, but whether we should accept the sharen's assistance.
No, that's the previous poll available here: http://forums.drowtales.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=14698

I would encourage people to vote in that one as well if they haven't already.
3Power
Summoner

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:54 pm

it still remains, the same. i don't see the need to worry about this issue at all. well, unless you are bored, of course. to that i say, play as you like, but if it comes to an LA it will be a very ridiculous suggestion indeed.
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby Taruna on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:55 pm

Mhm.. as I see it, the clan already decided to side with the Sharen, so I really don't see any benefit to stop using the free training. A change of minds could quite possible end in more then just a "I want my money back" from them.
Taruna Tei'kaliath - Former Warmaster - 2nd Tir'ay Champ (Warr.)
Family
Nimaraidh
Because inside of everyone of us is a warrior
Whose courage is like a sword
But the biggest weapon is his heart
(Silbermond - Krieger des Lichts)
Taruna
Vel'akar

Postby AthenAltena on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:56 pm

I don't see any reason to stop the Orthorbbae training, and it doesn't qualify as "assistance" in my mind the way, say, getting mounts would be, so I'm for continuing it. I was under the impression that we'd pay up front for advanced training in ada, which doesn't really put us in any more debt than before with the Sharen.
AthenAltena
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Writer on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:23 pm

AthenAltena wrote:I don't see any reason to stop the Orthorbbae training, and it doesn't qualify as "assistance" in my mind the way, say, getting mounts would be, so I'm for continuing it.

Ditto.

3power, I voted no on the previous poll under the assumption that it was more direct assistance we were speaking of. I wasn't against the Orth deal (which we've already done a few things for, and even involved ourselves in this war for) or involvement with the Sharen.

Of the two great sides in Chel, I consider us, for the time being, to have lined with the Sharen. If you want to change THAT you should make an entirely different poll and thread.
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby James Rye on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:25 pm

Wait, who goes next to Ortho anyway now? ?.?
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby 3Power on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:32 pm

Writer wrote:3power, I voted no on the previous poll under the assumption that it was more direct assistance we were speaking of. I wasn't against the Orth deal (which we've already done a few things for, and even involved ourselves in this war for) or involvement with the Sharen.
The poll of this thread is in reaction to the previous thread. In short, to what extent do we stop receiving sharen assistance? If people want to keep the orth but deny further assistance, they can simply vote as such. I'm merely looking to have a gray area clarified. I also see merits to both sides of the argument, and am completely neutral in this poll for now.

The point is, the primary reason for rejecting sharen assistance is the fear of becoming "in debt" to the sharen, which due to orth was the reason we were brought into the war in the first place. We are at a point where if we consider continuing going to orth the "price" will increase dramatically, so it's something to consider.
3Power
Summoner

Return to Conference Hall