Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Attracting more traders to our settlement

Postby FSEffect on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:38 pm

OK well I suggested this in shoutbox but got no reply-

"We could make an incentive for traders like "first x number of y trade gets z amount of tax off for p amount of days" i.e. a subsidy."

Of course there's also making the poster about our little piece of underworld, but a bit more incentive to get the first merchants might help boost our start-up of available services.

So any suggestions on how many of what services we'd like, along with what kind of deal we'll offer to the lucky first group of merchants.
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Attracting more traders to our settlement

Postby Finish on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Like I suggested: Let`s talk with the rich Trader. It probably will help us. And if not, we just annoyed her - no big lose. :) At least it`s more useful than the belly dance. :D
(So that was my first and last post in this topic about the Trader.)

Also I like the idea with the clay tables. Promotion is a good way to get more people. :) We just have to be careful not to step on the toes of other Clans, who may think that we steal their people.

As for the Taxes idea, I don`t think Kern will allow it. From what I assume (no proofs, of course) Kern want to keep the taxing system simple. One tax for commoners and street vendors one for shops. Nothing else.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby FSEffect on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:00 pm

Again like I said the rich trader (presumably you mean the one we have living near us) does not want to be disturbed. Again she is unlikely to entertain our request.
As to taxes it's a simple temporary deal for a few days to encourage more rapid growth. Again we can try this as it's not explicitly said by Kern that it's not possible, unlike the trader route which we have been told not to try.
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Kerr Nigit

Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby Xalgoz on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:39 pm

Finish wrote:Like I suggested: Let`s talk with the rich Trader. It probably will help us. And if not, we just annoyed her - no big lose. :) At least it`s more useful than the belly dance. :D

It probably will help us. And if not, we just annoyed her

just annoyed her

annoy

:x
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon

Postby Finish on Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:36 pm

FSEffect wrote:As to taxes it's a simple temporary deal for a few days to encourage more rapid growth. Again we can try this as it's not explicitly said by Kern that it's not possible,

*sigh* No I don`t post anything about the trader. You have your opnion, I have mine. Just one thing: Kern never told is anything. That`s just what people assume.
We should make more promotion and try to make the commoners happy. That`s the way how we get more shops and people.

Lower taxes for a few days will probably not work. We have to offer long-time favours. Nobody starts a new buisness in an unkown area just because we promise them lower taxes.
They have no gurantee that we don`t change our mind and increase them later.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Postby FSEffect on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:17 pm

It's just an initiative to gain more traders quickly. A better complement of services will in turn attract residents quicker.

Kerr Nigit

Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby FSEffect on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:28 pm

Also it isn't a matter of opinion whether the rich trader will answer our questions or not http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/a ... p?sid=5966 it's shown here she clearly doesn't want to be bothered.

Kerr Nigit

Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby James Rye on Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:54 pm

Didn´t the merchant said that there´s not enough work for the settlers and that´s why there aren´t many coming? *hmmm*
Maybe we need some kind of work offering so that settlers know, there´s not only free land and nice people with less tax but also work and food to survive. ^^

The builders are the first which comes in my mind, with enough settlers as paid builders we could get two projects done in one turn, with enough Ada and of cource if An'Jhali allows that.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby waffleferret on Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:03 pm

I posted an Advice "post/give out posters in Chel to make people aware of the Settlement yesterday I hope that will help too :w
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby dialacton21 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:03 am

We have one trader that deals in dry foodstuffs . If there are more traders that are willing to diversify the assortment of foodstuffs they'll see the demand and move in. Hoever in current circumstances there are not enough settlers to justify profitability.

Thus: basic infrastructure required for further settlement.

More settlement = more profitability.
Dialacton21. Also known as Durruti the Red Handed.

The Past is Practice, the Present is Experience, and the Future is Awesome.
Clan: Telkiath, Role: Miner (with a capital M)
dialacton21
Summoner

Return to Conference Hall