Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Making Rosani a clan member

Postby kirio on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:19 am

Biel has proposed making Rosani a member and offers to answer the clan's questions on why this is a step in the right direction.

I agree that the tug-of-war over her in the LA has gone too far and think that this might be a way to stop the petty bickering.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Making Rosani a clan member

Postby benuminister on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:27 am

Here I feel as if it is my duty to explain my reasoning for my LA. So before you choose to vote for it or against it please read the following. Or, if you are unsure on my reasoning, ask questions and I will answer everyone's when I get a chance.

First, this vote was essential to ending this whole Rosani incident. Depending on how it is answered by the NPCs involved will force a final decision and remove Rosani forever from the spotlight of PtP. On one hand Anji replies positively, which means we gain a new clan member and a resource that can be used for any job (much like a slave but with more freedom). On the other hand Anji responds negatively which leaves three choices of how she must be removed from view; namely enslavement, execution or release. Either way there will be no more room for bickering over "what ifs" and other imagined and possibly true outcomes.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Elkantar on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:27 am

It would be nice, and very naive, to have Rosani be a clan member. But Kern has apparently voiced what he wants done with Rosani, apparently to the opposite of what most of the clan wanted. I believe that was what the clan wanted before, to work on a long-term goal of converting Rosani to our cause (or at least trying).

I understand she has gotten far too much limelight in the leader archives, enough to sidetrack us from time to time. But that only takes a leadership decision on Anji's part to tell the losing side to stop the bickering. Or another way was to have repercussion on other tasks going on that would be caused by our split attention. Steamrolling/railroading a decision is just a terrible way of doing it.
"Stand up be Strong,
know Right from wrong,
forever hence believe yourself."

Briesril - PtP character
Yasesril Nal'Sarkoth - Relic Hunter Character
Elkantar
Summoner

Postby benuminister on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:33 am

Explain your reasoning behind the nativity of either side? Each has merits and each is equally valid. I did this so that all the emotional frustration would be on me rather then those who were the most attacked for it.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:

benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Elkantar on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:36 am

I mean naive as making her a clan member abruptly (like now, while she still hates us.) Sorry, shouldve clarified.

It will just give her freedom of movement to plot to kill Anji etc. At least in my opinion.
"Stand up be Strong,
know Right from wrong,
forever hence believe yourself."

Briesril - PtP character
Yasesril Nal'Sarkoth - Relic Hunter Character
Elkantar
Summoner

Postby benuminister on Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:11 am

I think it just lets her develop as a character, perhaps under supervision perhaps not but it means there will never be another call of "kill her" or "enslave her" after Anji's decision.

EA process:

benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Xalgoz on Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:26 am

You are going to get smacked down, hard. An'jhali might even bring up your previous attempt to add your Chelian GF. I did eventually want Rosani to become a clan member, but it's pretty clear Kern doesn't want that, so there's no way I'm voting for your option. Her best fate is as a domestic slave/servant in the future.
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon

Postby benuminister on Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:29 am

Fair enough, I will never press you to anyway.

EA process:

benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby 3Power on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:30 am

Hope you're proud of yourself biel, there are now two counter actions going up against your action. All that's missing is the moron that wants to kill her now and the idealist who wants to set her free, and it'll be another repeat of the week before last.
Last edited by 3Power on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trey'la in Path to Power.
We gotta go, We've got nothing to lose, now time has come for us to get out.
We gotta go, If we're going down, well let's go down in flames!
3Power
Summoner

Postby Hellsion on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:44 am

Yes, thank you all for for proving that a little twit is more important than the clan.
Last edited by Hellsion on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hellsion
Vel'akar

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Ehid'rin on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:54 am

Seriously people? This is ridiculous, if you DON"T like what Biel and Kirio did, the DON"T vote for it, if you DO, then vote for it. Stop trolling, that's a recurring problem, and it's one of the main reasons this has spiraled so far out of control. If you don't like what someone did, or what they plan on doing, DON"T vote for it, and or present a reason why they should do something different, don't post just to insult someone.

(BTW, before I get called out for supporting either side, I honestly don't care, and will save my vote for something I think is important.)

*EDIT - Misspelt word
Last edited by Ehid'rin on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Twilight, the romantic and exciting story of a young girl as she decides between Necrophilia, and Beastiality."

"Innovation, the clarion call of the victorious."
Ehid'rin
Nether Spawn

Postby Hellsion on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:10 am

Honestly these counter-advises don't help at all, they are actually propagating the problem.
Hellsion
Vel'akar

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby James Rye on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:11 am

Yeah, i like Biel´s idea, at least more then the kill her, free her or slave her options we got from kern. But the prob is that right now we´ve no chance that that will ever be accepted cause 1) she´s with us only for a short time 2) she still hate or more dislike us (she rather hates An'Jhali i guess) 3) While most of the clan wants to see her as a part of our clan or at least not dead, the whole bitch-fighting over the LA, shoutbox and threads considering her shows that we would need a long time and lots of actions before almsot all of us could trust her enough to be a part of us.

And like i said, An'Jhali said herself that child slaves will get the chance to be either a part of our clan when they´re old enough or stay as slaves. Maybe that will happen in Rosanis case, i don´t know.

As for now i will favor the idea to give Rosani Maid uniform! *wee*

EDIT:

I also support Ehid'rin post. Stop trolling, stay polite, don´t get personal, use good arguments and not *i told you*, no sarcasmus and don´t vote for it if you don´t like it. No reason to hit on Biel, seriously.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:46 am

the rosani issue is beyond annoying, but what's more annoying is that people are just throwing up options without discussing them. this has brought the game down to nothing more than a gongshow.
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:14 pm

Given that this was this was the last opportunity for an LA advice to be submitted on the subject of Rosani, I think that there was little opportunity for discussion.

Kern has railroaded us into a few choices. Some members of the community are not satisfied with that and have therefore acted. Biel did ask if I had any objections, I had none.

I support him for trying to find another solution to it. Kern has not really been supportive of attempts to make NPC's clan members before, so I doubt it will work, but it's worth a try, if only to test whether we actually have any free will or are purely being railroaded.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Next

Return to Conference Hall