Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: Taxation

Postby waffleferret on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:14 pm

I agree 1 ada a mounth is pleny The people liveing here right now are poor and can't afford much there is notheing availble hat would call for a higher price wants we have a real town up worth more then 1 ada (when it has shops our healing station ect )tthen we can raise it the low price for now will also in courage people to come , we can raise it when thiers more hehe the only thing this land offers right now is water and protection we can up it for shops and maby build and better accomidations for wealther people in the meantime.
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby 3Power on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:30 pm

I intend to post an advice this turn to raise business taxes to 10 ada. If there is anyone else who thinks a different amount is better, please post your intent to countervote.

However, I will point out that our businesses seem to consistently make approximately 10 ada a turn, and as a monthly tax on the settlers' businesses that doesn't seem so bad.
Trey'la in Path to Power.
We gotta go, We've got nothing to lose, now time has come for us to get out.
We gotta go, If we're going down, well let's go down in flames!
3Power
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby James Rye on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:34 pm

A bit high isn´t it? The merchant already told us he didn´t got much buisness here cuase there are not enough settlers yet.
Also we got this turn 20 instead of 10 settlers to the extra of the 25 from our EA - maybe a result cause of our low taxes?
1 Ada should be neough for now, we don´t need Ada that badly. Also we made the taxation basically yesterday; give it a few ingame weeks before we do a new one. ^^
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby 3Power on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:45 pm

James Rye wrote:A bit high isn´t it? The merchant already told us he didn´t got much buisness here cuase there are not enough settlers yet.
Also we got this turn 20 instead of 10 settlers to the extra of the 25 from our EA - maybe a result cause of our low taxes?
1 Ada should be neough for now, we don´t need Ada that badly. Also we made the taxation basically yesterday; give it a few ingame weeks before we do a new one. ^^

Sengil.... are you just trying to be really unhelpful today or something? You seem to be blocking every attempt by me to get the game back on track, and you don't seem to even be reading what I write.

In one day, our businesses, meaning the food stand and the clinic, make an average of 10 ada each. The one business we know the specifics of is a food store just like ours. It is logical to assume they make a similar amount. We are essentially asking for 1 day's wages out of thirty. 1 ada, is one tenth of 1 day's wages, and would currently net us 3 ada a month. And yes, we need ada very very badly.
3Power
Summoner

Postby minalia on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:47 pm

The last time the merchants were here we had 20-30 settlers. Now we have 3 times that number. Remember 1 thing that our clan needs is warmounts Shiir wants them badly and he is gonna blow the funds to get at least 500 from the taxes or get the warriors trained in orthobas at a quicker pace now that we might have to face the enemy sooner then we had anticipated.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby James Rye on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:58 pm

3Power wrote:
James Rye wrote:A bit high isn´t it? The merchant already told us he didn´t got much buisness here cuase there are not enough settlers yet.

Sengil.... are you just trying to be really unhelpful today or something? You seem to be blocking every attempt by me to get the game back on track, and you don't seem to even be reading what I write.

In one day, our businesses, meaning the food stand and the clinic, make an average of 10 ada each. The one business we know the specifics of is a food store just like ours. It is logical to assume they make a similar amount. We are essentially asking for 1 day's wages out of thirty. 1 ada, is one tenth of 1 day's wages, and would currently net us 3 ada a month. And yes, we need ada very very badly.

We´re ourselves are a clan of 300 people, doing work in chel, selling our goods, etc. and we´ve what? 120 Ada?
Ten is too much for beginners, 5 or 7 maybe, but even then we won´t get much cause we only have 3 so far.
Instead of that we should increase our 2 cresents into one ada per month and bam we´ve got 100 ada per month - currently, that is.^^

So no, i´m not unhelpful, i just look at it from another angle. We´ll need thos merchants, they give our settlers food, tools and even work. If we scare them awaywith to hig taxes, our settlement will grow more slowly and we cannot tax the settlers higher. *smallsmile*

But for no i say we stay a few more ingame days with this current taxes and look how many comes to ettle down here.
Our healers goes next turn in Chel and make advertise that gives us some extra settlers, maybe even some merchants though i believe if we want more merhcants we need to talk to the Illhardos and their massive trader/merchants connections.

We need Ada badly for long-term projects, warmounts are one of them. Even if we got them, we have no room for them and no trainee and the warriors wouldn´t know how to use them. Something like that doesn´t only need Ada but also the teamork of at least 3 or more ranked.
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby 3Power on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:28 pm

We´re ourselves are a clan of 300 people, doing work in chel, selling our goods, etc. and we´ve what? 120 Ada?

We have almost 400.
Ten is too much for beginners, 5 or 7 maybe, but even then we won´t get much cause we only have 3 so far.
Five would be a half-day's wages and is much more sensible than 1. If I said 7 would you consider that a fair comprimise? That would be a day's wages at the low end of the spectrum.

EDIT: I just realized that the 10 would be for two days, because we're moving 2 at a time. In that case, five would be fine.
3Power
Summoner

Postby James Rye on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:36 pm

3Power wrote:

We have almost 400.
Five would be a half-day's wages and is much more sensible than 1. If I said 7 would you consider that a fair comprimise? That would be a day's wages at the low end of the spectrum.

EDIT: I just realized that the 10 would be for two days, because we're moving 2 at a time. In that case, five would be fine.

No we´re 289. Those settlers and merchants aren´t part of our clan, they´re just under our protection, that´s something different. ^^

Also don´t forget that we had the festival going on at that time. That probably also boosted our income.
But 5 Ada for merchants and one per settlers is fine, after we wait some ingame days. Like after we settle that dispute with the Nal district fights. :)
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby 3Power on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:44 pm

Also don´t forget that we had the festival going on at that time. That probably also boosted our income.
But 5 Ada for merchants and one per settlers is fine, after we wait some ingame days. Like after we settle that dispute with the Nal district fights.

5 it is. I am not raising settler tax, we don't know what commoners make, I am playing it safe with them until we're told it's really cheap.
I am not waiting, this is a turn with not much going on, the last time we waited a turn we ended up waiting three turns.

EDIT: Oh and since two separate people were somehow confused, the 400 I was referring to was for the amount of ada we have. The actual number is 367.95
Last edited by 3Power on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3Power
Summoner

Postby James Rye on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:49 pm

3Power wrote:
But 5 Ada for merchants and one per settlers is fine, after we wait some ingame days. Like after we settle that dispute with the Nal district fights.

5 it is. I am not raising settler tax, we don't know what commoners make, I am playing it safe with them until we're told it's really cheap.
I am not waiting, this is a turn with not much going on, the last time we waited a turn we ended up waiting three turns.

I doubt the settlers tell us themselves that they want to pay more. XD
Maybe the Savrs could give us a hint how they tax their people, they have a lot of expirence in that matter as it seems.
Also i think when we make our taxes higher we should do both.

And therefor i am for 5 Ada per merchant, that is after some ingame days, when we know what´s going on around us and at the smae time we raise the setler tax at one ada.

Right now we´re at the brink of war as you said, we shouldn´t tax them right now.
We let it go till we know more and then we can tax them with enough back-up.^^

But i know what you mean with waiting turns, it reminds me of my clan color project which goes on for over 3 months now. :c
Though this turn i got Frost´s okay, so i´ll post an advise to show An'Jhali all the samples.^g^
When we go into war, we do it colorful. XD XD XD

EDIT:
Also wait till saturday or sunday for the opinions of others, maybe they want a higher tax too, but not right now? *smallsmile*
James Rye
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Writer on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:10 pm

I disagree on raising the taxes just yet. Let's pull in more people first.
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby 3Power on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:47 pm

Writer wrote:I disagree on raising the taxes just yet. Let's pull in more people first.

Then can you give me a time or number of businesses limit that would be acceptable to you?
3Power
Summoner

Postby Writer on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:46 am

3Power wrote:
Writer wrote:I disagree on raising the taxes just yet. Let's pull in more people first.

Then can you give me a time or number of businesses limit that would be acceptable to you?

"More" and "a while". Maybe not the answer you were looking for, but it's what I'm thinkin'.

I also, by the way, think we should raise our taxes in steady increments, and not giant leaps, and that we rightly justify our decisions to increase the taxes. Say, we up them an ada because of this or that cost we have, then up an ada a few months later due to something else, and so on. I'm against highly fluctuating taxes that go 'whoops we exaggerated or moved to quickly so now people are leaving us or getting discontent with our rule'.

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby 3Power on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:53 am

"More" and "a while". Maybe not the answer you were looking for, but it's what I'm thinkin'.
I'm sorry, but that's nothing more than stalling, something which has bit us in the ass in the past. We need to raise taxes at some point, because right now we stand to gain about 2 ada for a month's worth of protection.
I also, by the way, think we should raise our taxes in steady increments, and not giant leaps, and that we rightly justify our decisions to increase the taxes. Say, we up them an ada because of this or that cost we have, then up an ada a few months later due to something else, and so on. I'm against highly fluctuating taxes that go 'whoops we exaggerated or moved to quickly so now people are leaving us or getting discontent with our rule'.
Don't think of this as raising taxes, because we haven't collected taxes yet. We're just fixing a value that was hastily tacked on to an otherwise reasonable settler tax.
3Power
Summoner

Postby Writer on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:41 pm

3Power wrote:I'm sorry, but that's nothing more than stalling, something which has bit us in the ass in the past. We need to raise taxes at some point, because right now we stand to gain about 2 ada for a month's worth of protection.

Don't think of this as raising taxes, because we haven't collected taxes yet. We're just fixing a value that was hastily tacked on to an otherwise reasonable settler tax.

Feel free to feel that way. I just told you what I felt and still feel. We've informed the merchants of our tax rates. To do as big a jump as you're suggesting (10 ada, wasn't it? Or is it down to five now?), well... I'd hazard they're not gonna like it much. If forced, I'd be for an increase of one ada. Two tops.

Writer
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Conference Hall