Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: Festival Festivities

Postby waffleferret on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:56 pm

we should try to make traditions in the festival like traditional foods and things of such .
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Timotheus on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:24 pm

If you really WANT to inflict Teikaliath seafood/algae biscuit sandwiches on unsuspecting settlers, go ahead. But on your head be it.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby waffleferret on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Timotheus wrote:If you really WANT to inflict Teikaliath seafood/algae biscuit sandwiches on unsuspecting settlers, go ahead. But on your head be it.

Sorry, I almost forgot your feeding us posion supply master. XD

The chellens bellys can't handle Teikaliath food.
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Ehid'rin on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:47 pm

waffleferret wrote:
Timotheus wrote:If you really WANT to inflict Teikaliath seafood/algae biscuit sandwiches on unsuspecting settlers, go ahead. But on your head be it.

Sorry, I almost forgot your feeding us posion supply master. XD

The chellens bellys can't handle Teikaliath food.

Hey, at least with this, nobody can poison our food supply and expect us to notice :P
"Twilight, the romantic and exciting story of a young girl as she decides between Necrophilia, and Beastiality."

"Innovation, the clarion call of the victorious."
Ehid'rin
Nether Spawn

Postby Finish on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Ok I did`t post much in this topic but after Timotheus post in the Dugout if would like to point out something.

The settlement has only 40 people. That`s not much. On the most village fairs are more people. Assuming everybody takes part in the fest.
Some people may still have to work to feed their family. :) So don`t try to put in to make this to big. Make it appropriate.

And perhaps we should tell our commoner about our plans. If they are interested in such an event we can spare us some time. :)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby waffleferret on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Finish wrote:Ok I did`t post much in this topic but after Timotheus post in the Dugout if would like to point out something.

The settlement has only 40 people. That`s not much. On the most village fairs are more people. Assuming everybody takes part in the fest.
Some people may still have to work to feed their family. :) So don`t try to put in to make this to big. Make it appropriate.

And perhaps we should tell our commoner about our plans. If they are interested in such an event we can spare us some time. :)

I thought this was a festival to get commoers to come and check out the land and maby deside while haveing a good time that this would be a safe nice place to go.
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby 3Power on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:06 am

I'm just going to repost what I put in the shoutbox:
In other news, I will be posting [Write and rehearse "The Rise of the Tel'kaliath" play for coming festival.] As a volunteer option later on. If there is anyone who disagrees with this option, would like to suggest a change, or would like to pledge to vote for it, please feel free to tell me.

I'm not going to bother writing up a whole script, but if asked I'm just going to say it's a narrated story about ptp up until the point we become a clan. Probably omitting the parts about the vei visa and Svartelos.
Trey'la in Path to Power.
We gotta go, We've got nothing to lose, now time has come for us to get out.
We gotta go, If we're going down, well let's go down in flames!
3Power
Summoner

Postby Timotheus on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:33 am

FESTIVAL OF WELCOME AND WHATEVER
Moon 3, day 8

ALL DAY BUFFET - FREE FOOD FOR THE PEOPLE....
Food Supplies for the Festival - for 400 people - 40 units total.

COLD WATER and BEER (5 kegs)

Potato Bugs - 3 units
Algae Biscuits - 6 units
Mushrooms - 10 units
Eggs - 8 each
Sea Food - 7 units
Mixed Flour - 14 units
Alcohol - 1 unit
Spices - ?
Salt - 1 unit
Sugar - ?
fruit - 1 unit

Pre-made items to be kept in cold storage...
Pasta Noodles
Bread
Beer Batter
Vinegrate
Beer/Alcohol Prepared Seafood

Snacks...
Bread sticks
deep fried bread cubes/sticks
Soft pretzels
VIP...
spiced and baked Mushroom halves on sweet Algae biscuits
Crab Butter fried shrimp tails lightly salted

Desserts
Apple Fritters
Fruit scones
cookies

LOCATION....

In the open areas around the well, the clinic, and the newly built merchant booths.
Hopefully a stage platform will have been built and a number of seating walls built for people to sit on. It is also hoped that the clans supply of tents and blankets will appear as they have in the past

ACTIVITIES....

The various working groups of Ther'avare are invited to set up displays or booths to show our new settlers what the clan can provide for them in services... Smithing, crafting, foodstuffs, building, etc... and I feel the warriors and/or scouts could have a location to get to know the settlers and explain how security is going to work and what the rules are. A possible display of arms would possibly be a good entertainment, such as a sword exercise or display of crossbow accuracy. A Ti'ray demonstration would also not be out of the question.

We're not in favor of combative events such as archery contests or fighting eliminations simply because there is no evidence of them being part of the local culture and our settlers haven't shown any signs of interest in them
Instead, physical games should be kept simple and straight forward, races, track and field, volleyball, dodge rock, curling, maybe hockey.

With luck the clan's various musical groups will preform for us and our skilled dancers display their talents. There is a planned dramatic presentation of the clan's early history and a Tiktikki version of Waiting for Godat.

The festival will also include a tasting contest (in the form of a poll) for the official BBQ Sauce Recipe for the Tei'kaliath grill, the official announcement of the settlements name, and the dedication of the healer's clinic.

The only things that will delay this Festival date are external political events over which we have no control (the meeting).
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby dialacton21 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:05 am

The three key ingredients to any party:

booze
muzik
good people
Dialacton21. Also known as Durruti the Red Handed.

The Past is Practice, the Present is Experience, and the Future is Awesome.
Clan: Telkiath, Role: Miner (with a capital M)
dialacton21
Summoner

Postby minalia on Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Why not train some tictikis in something like this ?
http://www.wimp.com/trainingdog/

or use the kittens for a fun but harmless game of this? Don't let the name of the game fool ya it ain't violent but very cute.
http://www.wimp.com/whackkitty/
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Previous

Return to Conference Hall