Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Kill Rosani Off?

Yes
30%
No
70%

Total votes : 47

Killing Rosani

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Hello Everyone!

There are players who are frustrated with the Rosani situation. People have their varied reasons for it, but either way, the wish is the same: We want Rosani killed off. That is why we want to post a Leader Archive Advice week, and we didn't want to create too much of an uproar, because i'm sure there are people who still wish to keep her alive. Taruna has said that, she has to guard Rosani, and Kitab's family were charged with protecting her. These are the most prominent players we're aware of whose toes we would be stepping on, and so to them: we apologize.

"this farce has gone on long enough: *attempt murder on Rosani*"

Presented this way, it was hoped that it would be role-play appropriate, since it reflects how we're tired of appealing Anjhali and the "rosani supporters". We also thought it would be funny if whoever posted it got a curb-stomping from Taruna if enough votes didn't go through. 8P

There's a fancy poll though, so we can see how people feel before we post it. If there's a big amount of "no" with people giving their reasons here, we will recind going the drastic route and re-think our advice.
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Killing Rosani

Postby Taruna on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:13 pm

thealbinobutterfly wrote:If there's a big amount of "no" with people giving their reasons here, we may just recind going the drastic route and re-think our advice.

As the one responsible for securing the clan from her and vice versa I oppose this way of approaching this issue due to 2 Reasons:

1.) This advise will directly interfere with Taruna's duty
2.) It is not a single clan member's decision to decide about life and dead of Rosani. It's the decision of An'jhali, our leader.

If you want to kill her, put up a according speech to Anj'hali and let the Clan vote for this or, if someone does it, the counter-advise. Vigilantism is not the right way.
Taruna Tei'kaliath - Former Warmaster - 2nd Tir'ay Champ (Warr.)
Family
Nimaraidh
Because inside of everyone of us is a warrior
Whose courage is like a sword
But the biggest weapon is his heart
(Silbermond - Krieger des Lichts)
Taruna
Vel'akar

Postby Valyn on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:29 pm

I may not understand all the ins and outs of the situation...but it doesn't seem, to me, that she's causing too much of an uproar at the moment... Perchance we can find a more peaceful way of dealing with her and then, if that fails, we take to the drastic? I haven't seen much in the way of dealing with her, hence I don't know that we should go straight for the kill before trying other approaches. (again, as I don't know all that's been going on, other than what I've read in the comic and if other things have been going on with her in the forum, I apologize for not understanding the situation to its fullest but I simply think that killing, outright, won't do us any good.)
Valyn
Summoner

Location: Eberywhere and nowhere ^^ or, alternatively, both Texas and Alberta! ;D

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Valyn wrote:I may not understand all the ins and outs of the situation...but it doesn't seem, to me, that she's causing too much of an uproar at the moment... Perchance we can find a more peaceful way of dealing with her and then, if that fails, we take to the drastic? I haven't seen much in the way of dealing with her, hence I don't know that we should go straight for the kill before trying other approaches. (again, as I don't know all that's been going on, other than what I've read in the comic and if other things have been going on with her in the forum, I apologize for not understanding the situation to its fullest but I simply think that killing, outright, won't do us any good.)

Oh for sure, if we kill her it may give anjhali renegade points. (mass effect 2 reference) However, like i said in the first post, we're just frustrated and thought that going the drastic route would make for an interesting read. As it stands, we have already went the route you suggest as a first, but there are those who are still not happy with having her around.

As i type this, my skype is Ping-ing off the hook here with lots of "wtf?", so i'd just like to say that, if the people who were frustrated were not trying to be team players, we just would have posted the advice. Just a point. :P
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby Timotheus on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:48 pm

I say don't kill, but for rather prosaic reasons.

Kern introduced her for some reason. Maybe as just an annoyance, maybe as a long term plot. We don't know.

Since we don't know, the options are - try to kill her and have our efforts thwarted by the GM interfering in various creative and/or horrible ways, kill her and suffer some terrible punishment for upsetting the GM's plans, kill her and play into the GM's hands by setting us up for something horrible that could have been avoided were she alive, kill her and nothing comes of it one way or the other.

So there are three potentially bad outcomes and one neutral outcome.

If we just let her live under guard and isolated, the options are - the plot, whatever it is, proceeds as planned, or she eventually fades away as Kern gets tired of her.

So we have an outcome that could be good or bad and one neutral outcome.

The odds favor letting her live as she is, under guard and isolated.

Alive, we can always kill her later if it becomes obvious we must, dead we have no options. There's no pressing need to eliminate her, she's under control and isolated from things. It's a stable situation, it should be left that way.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby Sukrai on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:55 pm

Alive, we can always kill her later if it becomes obvious we must, dead we have no options. There's no pressing need to eliminate her, she's under control and isolated from things. It's a stable situation, it should be left that way.

I'm more in favor of this... Plus, if Kern has some nefarious plot in place, I think we'd all like to see what it is before we do anything... Who knows? We might be able to profit from it!

Think like Drow... Opportunity is everywhere!
Insanity - A state of mind in which the afflicted acts outside of social norms.
....Well I guess the sane are in a minority then.

Caretaker of Ys'sa's battleaxe
Sukrai
Summoner

Postby AthenAltena on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:59 pm

I remain unconvinced that she needs to die at this moment and without due reason, and while I'm glad this was brought up in this manner rather than through a direct LA advice my opinion remains the same. I don't think the proposed course of action in the first post is a wise or necessary direction to take, either.
AthenAltena
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Aeryll on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:29 pm

This poll is redundant.

Bluntly put.

only argument I see for killing her is a loud 'I want it!' and then a demand of why it shouldn't happen and asking the other side for arguments.
That's not the right way around.
Give the argument why she should be killed. Give the reasoning behind the frustration. Let us know why we should change of opinion suddenly.

As for the other argument.
Rosani is in safe hands. Her caretakers will keep her safe and us safe. I have every confidence in this.
Rosani has alot of potential as resource, she is young, has had ortho training and has courage and steadfastness, even if that's annoying at this moment.
Rosani poses no threat to us whatsoever. She cannot get to An'jhali. She cannot even properly defend herself against a citizen with Tir'ay. Any warrior would beat her up an a matter of seconds and there are 5 around An'jhali at all times looking out for real threats, not to mention that An'jhali herself is quite the fighter already.
Roleplay wise, our clan is a bunch of softies. Our healers go around healing strangers (for pay, granted) at regular base. We have an insane slave, instead of just killing it, it's send to the healers to be cured. Any other clan would say 'dragon food', so even there the argument would be a strictly personal one.

Now the 'killy killy' side can do it easy and just try to counter these arguments, or try to bring forth their own arguments, if they are good and actually convincing then I would change my opinion, but I don't see the merit of killing Rosani at this point or in the near future.

Thank you for reading.
Aeryll
Summoner

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:38 pm

=w= starting to get boiled in here with aeryll's last post, so i would like to remind people this was brought up to voice for the dissention of those who are opposed to her living. This was in no such way meant as an affront to kitab, sword goddess, or taruna. Please keep it at face value here, and just say "no" or yes", so we can get this out of the way once and for all. And to those who say "it has already been decided", i would like to say that there are still those who are muttering and musing about it, some people even feeling to be as bold and just put up an advice without consideration of any social consequences such -as- offence, because those opposed feel frustrated enough to try and bypass courtesy for what has even been already "decided", when it really hasn't. not to those who feel strongly against it.

so yes, please, just keep it to yes or no, and don't say things like "redundant", because that expresses -your- feelings that is may be "decided", but to those on the opposite, they will say, "it is -not- redundant, -I- feel that is is -relevant-."
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby Aeryll on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:51 pm

There are players who are frustrated with the Rosani situation. People have their varied reasons for it, but either way, the wish is the same: We want Rosani killed off.

If there's a big amount of "no" with people giving their reasons here, we will recind going the drastic route and re-think our advice.

This is what I'm responding to.
If my tone isn't very diplomatic, I'm sorry for that. To me the first post simply reads as a threat, 'I want votes in here, or else'. Probably you don't mean it that way, but it is the impression it made on me.

You want to convince people to get her killed, give an argument for it. Not simply say, 'we want her killed'. That's the argument that was used last time and that failed already, there has been no change into the situation, for good or for bad, so please just give the arguments if you have new ones.

Edit : I'm taking the post at face value, I'm just wondering at the value of the poll when there are no new arguments presented. That's why I would think the poll is redundant. The votes to keep her alive/kill her already happened in the LA.. why repeat it again when basicly nothing has changed. I'd expect the same ending again.
Aeryll
Summoner

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:03 pm

lol,ok!

no i agree, it's just, if i had my way i'd just rant again, but i wanted to avoid it because it's a hot topic. I see things like: i rant, some guy rants quoting my rant, it goes on and on and on. So i thought: just keep it to yes or no.
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby Meckruco on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:11 pm

i say yes. my reasoning:

just like jokerface she will be a problem. there will come a time when Kern will use her to hurt the clan if we screw up.

put a fire out when its small not when its a raging wild fire. simple as that. she is a cancer to this clan and we must be rid of it. yes there will be some hurt feelings for a while but in the long run it will help us.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" If you desire peace, prepare for war.
House the of Will of Fire
Fourth Tir'ay Champ is Meck the bear killer.
Meckruco
Vel'akar

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:10 pm

i agree with meck.

with today's LA, the permission has been given. So i move to change our very direct and confrontational action to thus:

"execute rosani, she consumes time and resources but cannot be set free."

please, to those who still are opposed to killing her, put up your protesting action to counter it. let's settle this in the LA. I suggest this:

"enslave rosani, she will be our prisoner but work."

"Free rosani, she deserves to live."
Last edited by thealbinobutterfly on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby Pariel on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:22 pm

*thumbs down to rosani's fate*

We should terminate her before it becomes a worse affair. Certainly It was worth to try if we can convert people from other factions to our cause. It's not this case. Period. Let's end this endeavour and salvage the resources for now. Selling her to the gladiator pits or killing her, that's what I can work with.
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby KyoKvl on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:30 pm

Perhaps another Option should be to Leave her under Kitab's SwordGoddesses and Taruna's care,

Basically a don't change anything option, I thought that they had something they were gonna do after they got back from the battle against the dwarves

Leave Rosani in Kitab's, Tal'rays and Taru's Care
Last edited by KyoKvl on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds it."
Profile: Rahil'rez Tei'kaliath
KyoKvl
Tainted

Next

Return to Conference Hall