Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: Building Better Businesses! (Long Term Plans)

Postby Writer on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:39 pm

3Power wrote:Slaves are the only method we have of increasing our production population save for getting the faceless to join a job. Hiring chellians has been ruled out.

Sorry to digress, but has it? I always went around considering hiring Chelians to complement my builders, but I never knew what to pay them so I'd get hard, good workers, rather than unskilled slobs, and I never took the time to find out. It was on my mind a lot, though.
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby 3Power on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Sorry to digress, but has it? I always went around considering hiring Chelians to complement my builders, but I never knew what to pay them so I'd get hard, good workers, rather than unskilled slobs, and I never took the time to find out. It was on my mind a lot, though.
Kern has said we cannot permanently hire chellians, anything we hire them for is short term, not to mention costly. If we're talking about increasing production population, the only methods are fewer jobless and more overseers so that we can buy more slaves.
Trey'la in Path to Power.
We gotta go, We've got nothing to lose, now time has come for us to get out.
We gotta go, If we're going down, well let's go down in flames!
3Power
Summoner

Postby Writer on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:51 pm

3Power wrote:
Kern has said we cannot permanently hire chellians, anything we hire them for is short term, not to mention costly. If we're talking about increasing production population, the only methods are fewer jobless and more overseers so that we can buy more slaves.

Well, the costly issue is exactly IT. We get what we pay for, and we don't know how much we'd have to pay to get someone decent.
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Previous

Return to Conference Hall