Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

West Vs East

Postby Vertigo916 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:12 am

Ok i have been enjoying reading PtP for a long while and generally i just vote and keep quiet. But this is something I feel we should reconsider.

We should REALLY consider taking the engineers advice. I know we all talked about east and decided on it but he brought up a good point.

When people begin to move in they will natrually want to settle closer to town (which is what the NPC mentioned) your going to be fighting an uphill battle to move people farther away from a town. Think about how 2 small communitys grow together. The area between the 2 starts sprouting up homes / businesses / etc and befow you know it you have a well populated and balanced city started.

Now what we are trying to do is the opposite.. Instead of letting the 2 communitys grow together we are trying to force people to "lep frog" to the opposite side of our city.

I Feel this will have a departmental effect on our game which is why I chose to bringing it up. I feel the NPC's advice is very solid and should be followed.

So my first question is. Is it too late. Perhaps a ranked can answer this for me. Ambassador?

And my second action would be to Beg the clan to reconsider where we start settling. Please consider the west vs the east based on the engineers advice.

edit: Did i post this in the correction spot?
If we cant force such a simple thing as stone to submit to us how can we ever hope to stem the unending flow of time set against us.
Vertigo916
Nether Spawn

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: West Vs East

Postby Tyrel on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:23 am

Nothing is final, plans can be changed to acomidate that what helps the clan the most...

The origonal plan to settle east of Ther was mostly due to easy access to the water source but the west is also a good spot due to its proximity to chel, In an ideal world the settlement would expand to surround ther and connect to chel making Ther and our clan technicaly part of Chel...

There are pros and cons to both sides and to be honest although i origonaly chose the east to settle im now undecided, eventualy the settlement would hopefully surrond Ther so in the long run it make no difference, it the here and now what would make it easier for the settlers east or west?

East has closer access to the water and is easier for us to reach initialy pluss more room to expand eastwards

West is closer to Chel and therfore would make traveling between the two less of a burden for the settlers and traders that would frequent the area

Both are good imo...
Tyrel
Summoner

Postby Xalgoz on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:06 pm

The more settlers we have the more revenue we'll be bringing in, therefore the goal is to fill in as many areas as possible prior to the time skip (approx 1 year RL time). There many be some small differences concerning the order in which we settle areas, and there may not be, but if Kern/Reza/the NPCs end up picking the wrong area it's not the end of the world and not worth making a fuss over, we'll fill in all areas eventually anyway.
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon

Postby Jonarus_Drakus on Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:10 pm

There is one extra consideration in favor of West over East (at least as i see it). While having the new people settle to the west will put them further away from water, it would also mean that this new population would have less effect on Ther itself, as we would have primary access to the river and thus wouldn't have to deal with apathetic settlers dumping godess-knows-what in the river imediately up-stream from our primary harvesting area. Maintaining control over a critical resorce and keping the *best* areas for future expansion for the Clan itself, an important consideration in making sure the Tei'Kaliath are able to remain as self-sufficient as posible - an important goal in making the clan as strong as posible if you ask me...

JD
> J'hon D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Patriarch, KIA on the 12th day of the 3rd Moon
> Eh'rin D'rak Tei'Kaliath. D'rak Dev'ess: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14467&p=765500#p758482
http://jonarus-drakus.deviantart.com/
Jonarus_Drakus
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Ay'elle on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:32 am

There may be additional military benefits, as I outlined in viewtopic.php?f=75&t=13982&start=90#p613575, the original "West Side" proposal. It remains to be seen whether we will use the western settlement as a lawful excuse to expand our defenses in that direction, or whether Kern will allow it. Even if we don't fortify the area, as long as the Chel clans follow the Queen's Law we may get some incidental protection / early warning system as the settlers form a bit of...uh...a drow shield. }:3
Ay'elle
Summoner

Location: Packing for the long trip back to the surface on July 24th

Postby Finish on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:58 am

Funny how the comment of one single NPC can change the mind of everybody. A big majority was for east, because it's safer, we can reache it sooner and so on.
Then the architect suggested west and suddenly people wanted west, too. ;) Not that I'am complaining I was always in favour of west. :D
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Return to Conference Hall