Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

ZERO Confidence Anji

Postby Skystorm on Thu May 06, 2010 3:53 am

How can we develop her character more? She seems to have no backbone or any ideas of her own. That is not good for any kind of leader. She is our only life line to the game and if she can not function away from us then we have wasted our money because that's the end of the game. We are treating her like a child. At this point she wouldn't survive diplomatically or physically. If someone was to challenge her to a duel she would put up a fight but most likely not win. We need her to win both verbally and physically.

Fake assassination attempt with stone/leather dagger or weapon(so as only to bruise not maim or lose a limb) . Let her know that it's going to happen just not when, and to go all out and treat it like it were real. Mark the assign with a bright orange belt so we know it's not real. We need to think of doing things like this to prepare her for real life instead of coddling her as we have been doing lately.

She also seems to not be comfortable in her own skin. She still acts like a young girl not a woman. I know she is young yet and this may be why we are coddling her, but unfortunately she needs to grow in maturity and feel comfortable speaking her mind.

Lets get some suggestions on what we should do.
Skystorm
Summoner
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:54 am
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: ZERO Confidence Anji

Postby benuminister on Thu May 06, 2010 4:09 am

My name is Biel Tel'mari, and I support this message.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft


The Al'dun, more then just another family.
User avatar
benuminister
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 2:31 am
Location: Ther'avare
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: ZERO Confidence Anji

Postby Skystorm on Thu May 06, 2010 4:13 am

[10:12:42 PM] Minalia: have her sing, lead the construction with the builders..you know how teach her to lead a squad of soldiers
[10:14:07 PM] Minalia: show her a list of stuff and let her choose what she wants the clan to do
Skystorm
Summoner
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:54 am
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: ZERO Confidence Anji

Postby Whizzard on Thu May 06, 2010 4:27 am

Why, why, why, why, why!? Why do you people always complain over that!? It's not like we all are doing something wrong! It's all because quite few people don't think through their advices they post to LA. So the trash that litters the LA advices seems like thousand voices screaming different things. I don't post actions because there are smarter people than me that can come up with something better. But there are so many stupid-stupid people that do not really think through what they should say in advice. It's an advice, not a shoutbox where you can write anything you want.

Oh and one culprit of Anjis insecurity must be because we worry too much over her, take too much time to discuss through opportunities thrown at us and take hell of a time to get them done. We rarely do anything quickly and hold ourselves back in fear of failure. Read the green part of my signature to see what i think of all this.
Laerei Nimaraidh - Veteran Warrior of Tei'kaliath
Celia Nimaraidh - Wind element Mana Specialist and Laerei's daughter
User avatar
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 4917
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 10:23 am
Location: Overworld, the land of happiness and joy
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: ZERO Confidence Anji

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Thu May 06, 2010 4:31 am

I disagree, Anjhali's confidence has wavered in the past year (out of game time), that is true, but she has made a signifigant stride forward. You will notice she has been practicing with swords more.

However, i feel that her confidence is not an issue, but more of her attitude. I say this, very hesitantly, because of her borderline flippancy to duty as of late. Notice during the meeting with Frau'Drem Svartelos, she gorges herself. I dismissed this due to her fresh return from war, but then during the next event with anu'Ragi, she was slightly snide by saying we took this cavern. In my opinion, she should have been much more humble before a Vel'sharen, though i applauded her backbone for it none the less. However, take a look at the Rosani situation. I feel she delegated, and did not take the matter into her own hands. It should have been her duty to decide, as she is our leader, but instead she let the responsibility pass on to others. roleplay wise this could have been possible, but for the way the game works in comic, it is not as such.

And so, I think she would benefit from more refinement, and by this, i mean perhaps more exposure to politics and situations. This is my hope, it would be nice to see her challenged mentally as much as she has been physically. Let's see how friday's update goes and how she handles Anu'Ragi's visit.

However: if there is concern over her confidence, we should stop to examine that we spam the LA box and this causes her to go in all directions.

B) there's my two cents.
User avatar
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:10 am
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: ZERO Confidence Anji

Postby Skystorm on Thu May 06, 2010 4:48 am

I'm not saying we are doing anything wrong and thank you Xenon for coming up with the word I was searching for because that is more of what I meant. Attitude not Confidence.

Again I just think we need to focus more on giving her options, not telling her or confusing her with massive amounts of conflicting demands. I think she needs the opportunity to start making some decisions herself. She should be able to dictate her everyday life and we bring her the more important ideas and suggestions. We have to stop controlling her as if she were nothing more than a small child.

http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/a ... p?sid=4495
READ THE BOTTOM!
Skystorm
Summoner
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:54 am
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: ZERO Confidence Anji

Postby Kran on Thu May 06, 2010 4:51 am

thealbinobutterfly wrote:However: if there is concern over her confidence, we should stop to examine that we spam the LA box and this causes her to go in all directions.

Yes, I believe An'jhali's lack of confidence is a mirror reflection of our great distrust in each other over fear. Fear that his or her's opinions won't be heard in the LA advise. So, how do we a null this fear? Can there be common ground?
Honu Al'dun Tei'kaliath
User avatar
Kran
Demon
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:56 am
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: ZERO Confidence Anji

Postby blackshade10 on Thu May 06, 2010 4:53 am

Skystorm wrote:I'm not saying we are doing anything wrong and thank you Xenon for coming up with the word I was searching for because that is more of what I meant. Attitude not Confidence.

Again I just think we need to focus more on giving her options, not telling her or confusing her with massive amounts of conflicting demands. I think she needs the opportunity to start making some decisions herself. She should be able to dictate her everyday life and we bring her the more important ideas and suggestions. We have to stop controlling her as if she were nothing more than a small child.

http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/a ... p?sid=4495
READ THE BOTTOM!


Dude, that page was like, at the beginning of the game. She's found things she can focus on, primarily Ti'ray.
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
User avatar
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:10 am
Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Re: ZERO Confidence Anji

Postby Ay'elle on Thu May 06, 2010 4:59 am

As GM, Kern is stuck in a balancing act. If An'jhali becomes too decisive, this becomes less of a participatory game and more of a webcomic.

If you think An'jhali should be more assertive, then Leader Advice is one way to influence her. Another (I'd say more effective) way is to convince the ranked members to pursue more aggressive expansion of our clan's military and economic power. Exploration for new resources, building war golems, the Sharen settler deal, or even find another settlement to dominate through war or threats. An'jhali will in turn act more confident and make more decisions on her own as our clan's power grows, unless I'm totally reading Kern's plan the wrong way.

I've been voting (so far) for LA options that give An'jhali a chance to make a choice, or that reveal something about our clan's backstory.
Ay'elle
Summoner
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:35 am
Location: Packing for the long trip back to the surface on July 24th
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: ZERO Confidence Anji

Postby LazarusRising on Thu May 06, 2010 5:12 am

blackshade10 wrote:
Skystorm wrote:http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/archive.php?sid=4495
READ THE BOTTOM!


Dude, that page was like, at the beginning of the game. She's found things she can focus on, primarily Ti'ray.

Yep, it was at the beginning of the game, and it's still a problem. We need to give her opportunities to order us around, instead of us ordering her around.
Laz'are of PtP
LazarusRising
Summoner
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:04 am
Location: Texarkana, TX
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: ZERO Confidence Anji

Postby blackshade10 on Thu May 06, 2010 5:13 am

That would sort of defeat the purpose of the advice box in my opinion.
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
User avatar
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:10 am
Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Re: ZERO Confidence Anji

Postby benuminister on Thu May 06, 2010 5:16 am

blackshade10 wrote:Dude, that page was like, at the beginning of the game. She's found things she can focus on, primarily Ti'ray.


I would like to point out the situation of mana users. Although the ranked position was mentioned earlier in the the game, it was only passed after it was mentioned later in the game.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft


The Al'dun, more then just another family.
User avatar
benuminister
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 2:31 am
Location: Ther'avare
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: ZERO Confidence Anji

Postby blackshade10 on Thu May 06, 2010 5:17 am

Yes, because we had an actual need for them now then we did back then.
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
User avatar
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:10 am
Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Re: ZERO Confidence Anji

Postby LazarusRising on Thu May 06, 2010 5:18 am

blackshade10 wrote:That would sort of defeat the purpose of the advice box in my opinion.

And yet, people don't give advice in the advice box, the give orders. Advice is different than orders. Treating her like a pet dog to be given commands significantly hampers her progress as a leader, and thereby our progress as a clan.
Laz'are of PtP
LazarusRising
Summoner
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:04 am
Location: Texarkana, TX
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: ZERO Confidence Anji

Postby blackshade10 on Thu May 06, 2010 5:19 am

What your proposing is for her to take complete command of the clan by the sounds of it. At least,if you still stick to having her "order us around".

As I recall, I do believe it's been stated that we cannot ask Anjhali to simply take command of the clan.
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
User avatar
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:10 am
Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Next

Return to Conference Hall

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest