Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: Crystals

Postby Sogen on Fri May 07, 2010 2:19 am

Finish wrote:
LazarusRising wrote:Sorry, I meant the cavern they found at Day 43. I guess that wasn't in the mine, just up the river. But yeah, private exit to the surface and some sort of building to explore could be significantly profitable if we can figure out a way to make traveling up the river more practical.

And that's probably not a cavern near the surface, it's part of the Nal'Sarkoth area. :)

Although we can't be 100% there are many hints that indicate this. If you look at the Map of Chel you see that the river leads straight into the Nal'Sarkoth area.
Futhermore the Nal are known for their love of surface plants and employ Orcs and Humans (armed beast). Plus they are able to create artificial light for their plants.
And finally, it's stated in the World Setting that Chel isn't that close to the surface. The next exits to the overworld are at Char and Machiko both quite a distance away.

So the chances that we anyone the Nal and have to answer some serious question like how we were able to get behind their walls, are very high.

Might be a chance to get into the Nal's good graces if we warn them (tactfully, mind) of their undefended back door, we've already had friendly contacts with them before and having further ties with one of the major clans is nothing to be sniffed at politically speaking. Also shows our honorable side by telling them, as opposed to what most Chel clans would do and sell the information to their rivals. Which is also an option, but personally one I dislike.
Sogen
Nether Seed

Postby LazarusRising on Fri May 07, 2010 2:33 am

Sogen wrote:Might be a chance to get into the Nal's good graces if we warn them (tactfully, mind) of their undefended back door, we've already had friendly contacts with them before and having further ties with one of the major clans is nothing to be sniffed at politically speaking. Also shows our honorable side by telling them, as opposed to what most Chel clans would do and sell the information to their rivals. Which is also an option, but personally one I dislike.

Well, if we tell them, they might just decide that our entire cavern belongs to them, since it's an associated claim with the river or something confusing. Might be better to just make sure nobody meaning them or us any harm ever goes back there.

Of course, we could always have some very sneaky people go borrow some manaplants or something. I doubt they would notice if a few seed pods or something went missing.
Laz'are of PtP
LazarusRising
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Ein'keos on Fri May 07, 2010 2:44 am

We already have a manaplant that we aren't doing anything with. We could just plant the seeds from it if we want.
Ein'keos Al'dun Teikaliath - Builder
Ein'keos
Vel'akar

Postby LazarusRising on Fri May 07, 2010 2:45 am

Ein'keos wrote:We already have a manaplant that we aren't doing anything with. We could just plant the seeds from it if we want.

Everything is more fun with casual theft.
Laz'are of PtP
LazarusRising
Summoner

Postby Sogen on Fri May 07, 2010 2:55 am

LazarusRising wrote:Well, if we tell them, they might just decide that our entire cavern belongs to them, since it's an associated claim with the river or something confusing. Might be better to just make sure nobody meaning them or us any harm ever goes back there.

Of course, we could always have some very sneaky people go borrow some manaplants or something. I doubt they would notice if a few seed pods or something went missing.

Possible, but seeing as that would cost them funds and manpower for very little gain I feel it unlikely they'd do that. As far as the idea of theft goes, I think that might be a -very- dangerous undertaking. If we leave any signs of our presence, even worse if they catch us, then they'd be more likely to attempt to annex our cavern and wipe us out. We've already managed to offend the Sarghress when we chose to support the Sharen, I don't think we can afford to have more than one major clan pissed at us without another backing us.
Sogen
Nether Seed

Postby Finish on Fri May 07, 2010 11:49 am

I believe we shouldn't tell our "friends" about the tunnel. If we learned something from the Nal than it's the lesson that not everybody should
know everything. Also we should not risk the wraith of the Nal by using him for a simple thing like steahling.

It's a joker we could use to get behind the Nals defense if they decide to go to war with us or something similar worse happens.
Then it would be useful to have a secret entrance nobody else knows about. Hopefuly we'll never need the passage, but if we
need it we would bit ourself in the ass if we told the Nal about it earlier.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Hetros on Fri May 28, 2010 1:46 am

Well I think we should definitely improve relations with Kal'Yantra and figure out their source.

Secondly, long shot is making our own out of coal ^^ course, that would require a TON of pressure and fire magic XD but it might be possible. I seem to remember reading somewhere it's possibly to transmute elements or something... but don't quote me on that :S

either way, this is a fairly serious problem :P
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Previous

Return to Conference Hall