Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: Dvara'ka subhouse LA

Postby Xalgoz on Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:58 am

Bamawing wrote:
So... are we going to do this every time we subdue someone who comes in and threatens An'jhali?



Only named characters not scrubs. ^^;
Xalgoz Kae'sora- Tei'kaliath Scout
Xalgoz
Demon
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:58 am
Location: Ther'avare
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dvara'ka subhouse LA

Postby Catriana on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:00 pm

You know, both you and Finish's comments made me think of something hilariously inappropriate. I'm not going to say it, I'm just saying ya'll made me giggle.

But anyway, I don't think one person can be a subhouse, they'd need folks. If we want them to pull from their fallen numbers then it's the same as trying to absorb them as a whole.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
User avatar
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 2947
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:04 am
Location: Washington

Re: Dvara'ka subhouse LA

Postby Bamawing on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Taruna wrote:
Most probably, the girl will die in the LA. I talk about a 90% probability.


I agree, honestly. I think this is going to go down as the first time An'jhali goes with what she's learned instead of listening to the majority.

...

Not counting the "not trusting too many different voices" thing.

@ Cat: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese tell me? At least in a PM?
User avatar
Bamawing
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2475
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:51 am
Location: Washington State
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dvara'ka subhouse LA

Postby Catriana on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Sorry love, I forgotted. Srsly. I'm not holding out on you I swear ♥
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
User avatar
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 2947
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:04 am
Location: Washington

Re: Dvara'ka subhouse LA

Postby Pariel on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:14 pm

Bamawing wrote:
Taruna wrote:
Most probably, the girl will die in the LA. I talk about a 90% probability.


I agree, honestly. I think this is going to go down as the first time An'jhali goes with what she's learned instead of listening to the majority.

...

Not counting the "not trusting too many different voices" thing.

@ Cat: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese tell me? At least in a PM?


A damn shame, I did wanted to freak out Rosani royally with the "she's so cute" comment so she'd go WTF FREAK GO AWAY :P Psychological warfare and obfuscating stupidity for the win.

I've not voiced myself before about this, but Ein, I don't follow your logic like I didn't in the case of Finish "give her some cash". THere's no point in strengthening a fallen foe whose loyalty is not assured.

I have to say, however, that I was willing to throw a wacky response in, to make Rosani drop her guard down.

I do profusely apologize for my advice if it helped to create a "Save Rosani the waif" platform. It wasn't my intention. What my intention was is to use the clan's wacky hijinks in order to put a mask about being fools while we're not. Like hardcore ninjas dressed as hippies :P
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
User avatar
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy
 
Posts: 4479
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:08 pm
Location: Abandoned
Clan: Sharen

Re: Dvara'ka subhouse LA

Postby Catriana on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:33 am

We're more like hippies that dress like hardcore ninja. *wee* I am still determining if this is a good thing or not.

Your wacky responses are made of win. ♥
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
User avatar
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 2947
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:04 am
Location: Washington

Re: Dvara'ka subhouse LA

Postby Finish on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:14 am

@Pariel: For the future try to include a *irony* so that people - or at least Kern - know you don't mean it serious. :You know it's harder to express the turn meaning
of words if you use only text. :)
User avatar
Finish
Merc on vacation
 
Posts: 3326
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:43 pm
Location: Germany
Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Dvara'ka subhouse LA

Postby Pariel on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:49 pm

He got it right- notice how he's drunk and shirtless :P
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
User avatar
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy
 
Posts: 4479
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:08 pm
Location: Abandoned
Clan: Sharen

Re: Dvara'ka subhouse LA

Postby Ein'keos on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:29 pm

Pariel wrote:I've not voiced myself before about this, but Ein, I don't follow your logic like I didn't in the case of Finish "give her some cash". THere's no point in strengthening a fallen foe whose loyalty is not assured.


The logic basically follows that she alone is not very useful, she's just one character. As the leader of a group though we'd be able to do something with her and her people. Of course, I only meant for the buying back Dvara'ka thing to come into effect if she agreed to vassalship, not just straight up. I suppose the only way that'd happen, judging by today's LA, would be if An'jhali dualed her for it, and than she'd be honor bound to it but obviously not given too much opportunity for betrayal either. I admit prospects for her are not looking awesome right now and we're going to have to figure something out one way or the other because this status quo looks like it'll blow up in our faces if we just let it sit there. She's inside our fort, only one guard and she's a trained soldier who hasn't agreed to join up and live under An'jhali's rule. It makes me worry.
Ein'keos Al'dun Teikaliath - Builder
Ein'keos
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1262
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:57 am
Location: Montreal
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dvara'ka subhouse LA

Postby Finish on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:45 pm

It will takes a looooooong time before we can give her any kind of responsibility. Even if An'Jhali would have defated her and she would have sworn loyality...
What makes you sure that aren't just empthy words, so that we don't assume anything if she and the Dvaraka we bought for her would appear in front of our door?

Not every Drow takes this honor serious. Remember Quain'Tanas words: Some Vals just use the honor-card if there's nothing else to lose so that they look good in
front of their people and if things goes wrong they just throw the honor away. That's why Quain killed the Dark elve: She had a good reason to believe that the
woman would break her word if she lose. And we can't be sure that Quain would have been wrong.
User avatar
Finish
Merc on vacation
 
Posts: 3326
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:43 pm
Location: Germany
Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Dvara'ka subhouse LA

Postby benuminister on Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:08 pm

Ein'keos wrote:
Pariel wrote:I've not voiced myself before about this, but Ein, I don't follow your logic like I didn't in the case of Finish "give her some cash". THere's no point in strengthening a fallen foe whose loyalty is not assured.


The logic basically follows that she alone is not very useful, she's just one character. As the leader of a group though we'd be able to do something with her and her people. Of course, I only meant for the buying back Dvara'ka thing to come into effect if she agreed to vassalship, not just straight up. I suppose the only way that'd happen, judging by today's LA, would be if An'jhali dualed her for it, and than she'd be honor bound to it but obviously not given too much opportunity for betrayal either. I admit prospects for her are not looking awesome right now and we're going to have to figure something out one way or the other because this status quo looks like it'll blow up in our faces if we just let it sit there. She's inside our fort, only one guard and she's a trained soldier who hasn't agreed to join up and live under An'jhali's rule. It makes me worry.


A duel is a n interesting idea,. If we have worries that she would betray ,then we can slowly expose her to the rest of our clan and it's daily workings. It might just convince her that we aren't exactly the "evil" type.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft


The Al'dun, more then just another family.
User avatar
benuminister
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 2:31 am
Location: Ther'avare
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Dvara'ka subhouse LA

Postby cat-eyes on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:17 am

This was also my original idea of how it should have happened. A duel would have satisfied the elvish requirements of honor. But now, since we have taken the honorless route the same way that we slew the girls mother, she will never respect us. She will be a tigress who is waiting to strike, biding her time as Sil'lice did. Or maybe she will just lose her head and try to kill Lady An'jhali at an opportune moment in the future.

In short - chance of failure for reforming Rosani against her will 90%.

What I am concerned about now is the negative effect that this turn of events will have on Lady An'jhali. An honorless clan is just not kosher in worldsetting terms, imo. My character does not want to live in one, and I think that our Lady doesn't want to do so either.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
cat-eyes
Demon
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:23 am
Location: Standing in the shadows

Re: Dvara'ka subhouse LA

Postby LazarusRising on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:06 am

I know I'm new here, but I've read through the archives, and I gotta say... WTF? We were perfectly willing to annihilate the entire clan (understandable, since they did directly attack us multiple times), but then we catch this girl, and want to renew her title and give her a house? Um... no. Unless we want our Ilharess to be schizophrenic (which is apparently the goal, after reviewing the archives), there's no reason for the total about face. I mean sure, we have honor, we don't kill unarmed captives for fun, and killing her isn't the honorable thing to do just now. But to give her power, title, and a house just so she can use it to stab us in the back with it later? That's just plain bonkers.

I say we give her to the Val'Sharen. Make a point that we have powerfully and harshly dealt with those who have attacked us, but to prove to the Chel clans that we're not honorless savages, we have spared the heir of Dvara'ka and want to turn her over to them. Since it is a conflict between two minor clans (us and Dvara'ka) that are, at least Sharen's minds, both vassals of the Sharen, let the Sharen judge the fate of the last of the Dvara'ka. It should win us big points with the Sharen, acknowledging the fealty like that.
Laz'are of PtP
LazarusRising
Summoner
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:04 am
Location: Texarkana, TX
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Previous

Return to Conference Hall

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests