Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

The traders are returning on day 4 of the second moon.

Postby minalia on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:01 pm

Alright the title says it all, the traders are comng at moons end. This means they will be in theravare at day 4 of the second moon. That means we got to trade with them on next turn or else we would look like complete fools while they go in their merry way to chel or to the surface. Anyone got good suggestions in what we should trade with them?

I had to re edit this post and the post title since we now have confirmation info on the traders next official stop to our cavern.
Last edited by minalia on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: The war is over..but the traders are coming.

Postby Timotheus on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:22 pm

We are currently in good shape I believe on coal and steel, which is what they mostly want from us to take to the surface. If anything those are the inventories to check. We really have nothing they want to take to Chel, and we're already trying to sell what we do produce there. Mostly on this return trip they try and find out what we want and procure at dealers discounts and then trade it to us for the materials they want to take back up.

They might be interested in the jewelry and such, once we get it sorted out. but the hammocks and other domestic items are a no-show.

What we need to consider is what we could ask them to find for us that we might not find for ourselves, say ducks or low light veggies. They may not trade in them, but they might know who does.

Actually, I'm sort of worried about whether the merchants are going to make it back. We don't know what happened after the entrance ceiling was collapsed. Probably nothing, it's an established part of the story, but we won't know for sure until they turn up.
If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.
Timotheus
Vel'akar

Location: Either building something or kibitzing someone else's project. Mana, boats, and mills!

Postby drakanor on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:21 pm

So our prerogative Should be opening the entrance back up for the Traders No?
ImageGroup On Deviantart.
drakanor
Summoner

Postby Catriana on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:59 am

drakanor wrote:So our prerogative Should be opening the entrance back up for the Traders No?

If I remember correctly that has already been completed.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Ein'keos on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:17 am

We have a huge excess of coal so that'll need selling, and if last time was any indication they'll only want 50 units of the stuff so no need to worry about running low (not that we use it for anything).

We also have ten Dvara'ka blades we could sell them and a variety of old maces and such. We've already many more Tei'kaliath swords than we need so I don't think selling the 10 Dvara'ka swords we've got in Ther should be a problem especially considering we'll be looting a ton more in the coming turn from the corpses. Could we maybe try selling a few of the gold bars? I think we ought to keep most but selling like 5 would give us a good idea of how much they're worth. Could try selling the four Dvara'ka armours too, get a price on those, and the "we'll be looting a ton more very soon anyways" argument applys here to.

Also, agreed about trying to sell our share of the looted jewllery.
Ein'keos Al'dun Teikaliath - Builder
Ein'keos
Vel'akar

Postby Finish on Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm

The question is: Would the Traders buy the Dvaraka weapon? I don't think we would made much money with it since the humans on the surface probably make there own weapons with the ore from
the Traders. Perhaps we should melt the weapons and make steel bars out of them. :) And since they Trade with humans I guess they would be interested in gold and silver bars. :)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby minalia on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:06 pm

Medium quality small clan swords are 3 ada each, since we are at a war period, the cost of every item related to a conflict have risen and that info has been told to us many times in the past when we bought items from Chel.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Ein'keos on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Yes, but drow craftsmanship is better that human craftsmanship so they'd likely be able to make money selling swords to the Halmes. And while prices for weapons have gone up in Chel, because we don't control a district we have to pay taxes on everything we sell which would probably make selling the swords to the traders worth it because those sales are tax free.
Ein'keos Al'dun Teikaliath - Builder
Ein'keos
Vel'akar

Postby minalia on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:03 am

Some districts there are no clans that tax those. We can sell our wares on those places. Kern gave us the locations of some of them a while back.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Return to Conference Hall