Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: PROJECT FINDING NEMO *tm

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:30 pm

I'm pretty sure, after some sleep and re-reading the PM's, that i have mis-interpreted kern about the two clans NOT being the val'ogglir and the blue banner. I think that's all we get, and i would send another PM to ask again- but as it stands the clan wants to do other things right now.

I wanted to clarify- since i'm 90% positive i've mis-interpreted the PM. So don't quote me!! 8P
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Ein'keos on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:24 pm

I think you're right he was referring to those two as the new factions he invented, but isn't it also possible if you do another turn of project finsing Nemo in another area he could make up some new clans for us to run into there?

On another topic, I wonder what we could get out of the Val'ogglir. We do have a mess of spare weapons and a hidden, un-used clan fortress. But that's just the seeds of the seeds of a thought and i'm having a very hard time figuring out how that'd work out in a not-totally-dangerous manner. Essentially, I imagine they'll probably turn out to be poor but perhaps useful as a spear we could throw at another clan, like we were when the Svartelos found us and used us against the Vei Visa. I dunno, I guess we should wait till an appropraite situation comes up when we need them for something, but in the mean time I think it's good Kitab will gather some more information.
Ein'keos Al'dun Teikaliath - Builder
Ein'keos
Vel'akar

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:01 pm

This doesn't mean that Project finding Nemo won't continue, does it Xenon? :L
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:26 pm

Project Nemo will continue, but I am reluctant to push Kern with coming up with new clans every week, bearing in mind that a new clan needs a theme, a symbol, an ilhar, relations etc and on top of that the maps require updating. Kern is a busy guy and each clan is a commitment, especially if we don't follow up on leads, therefore, I will be considering ways to find out more about one or both of these two new clans in the next update.

After that, I will continue exporing, but for this update, we will give Kern some breathing space. In the mean time I welcome anyone wanting to keep an eye on Kern's twitter to see if he comes up with any more clans. ;)
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby cat-eyes on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:31 pm

We should definitely engage the Blue Banner. The Val'ogglir seem to be non-engageable since our own leader is a Val. Their goals would seem to put them into the Sarghress camp. But maybe we shouldn't be judgmental about them? It wouldn't hurt to put out the diplomatic feelers, maybe offer a "gift of friendship" or the like. We will definitely need to feel them out before taking any rash actions with regard to them.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
cat-eyes
Demon

Postby blackshade10 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:36 pm

Set up one of our healing tents near their territory one day. Start building a reputation in that area as a nice clan who offers cheap medical services. ^^
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:27 pm

The Blue Banner, dude, I love the sound of that name :3

Do we have anything other than the old books we could sell them as relics? Or is that it? What sort of relations could we open with them?
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby cat-eyes on Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:38 pm

@ BS10

This is a good idea.

Another idea is to send an army choir to sing and dance for their Ill'har. similar to the Russian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PkXpCsgj5U

Or Israeli army choirs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JsBh7dM ... re=related

that will sing the very essence of our folk traditions, religious songs, folk music, exc. And dancing traditional tir'ay based dances.

There are two reasons that an army choir is a good idea. First off they are their own protection, second off they show the discipline and brotherhood in our clan military, and the good manners and propriety of the common clansfolk. It is a show of force that is not a show of force, a sort of impressive but friendly display that is shure to get reactions out of people who have seen it all.

It is most important that we would appear for the performance in formal army uniform but not arrayed for battle (which would be threatening to a stranger)

Just to show how serious these situations can be I will include this scene, which is a dramatization of actual events:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8XarCXtXgs
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
cat-eyes
Demon

Postby blackshade10 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:08 pm

Perhaps, but for now, I say go the indirect route. See if we have any confrontations while we build up reputation in that area.
--
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Finish on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:05 am

Why should we even bother trying to establish contact with the "Val"ogglir? We shouldn't try to hard getting on the good side of any Clan we encounter.
Especially not if we don't know if they are useful. If we set up a healer tent and they attack us we just have another Clan war knocking at our door.

If they stay away from our buisness we stay away from them. If they attack us we smash them and that's it. The only reason for gifts, visits and other stuff
should be that we want a Clan as ally. And I guess we all want only allys who are useful. So far this Clan doesn't seems to offer anything useful for us.

We could try to collect more infos and if it turns out that they could be useful (seems doubtful after Xenons postings in the shoutbox) we can think about wys
to contact them. Otherwise ignore those guys and focus on the Blue Banner. :)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby drakanor on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:05 am

Is this where I mention that the Val'ogglir are probably a type of Guerrilla Warfare clan?
ImageGroup On Deviantart.
drakanor
Summoner

Postby Ein'keos on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:30 am

That's the assumption we all seem to be working off of, yes. But perhaps we've bee a little premature in that assumption. For example, say rather than being straight up Guerilla fighters they've got alot of skilled or semi-skilled commoners in their ranks who are fighting to create some sort of Utopian realm. Than perhaps they could do something like quarry us a bunch of rock, so the builders will have raw materials to build our planned for town, and in return we give them the abandoned Dvara'ka fortress. A hidden place far from Chel'el'sussoloth where they can establish a commune based on their ideals and live without fear of the clans. Of course, this is just a hypothetical based on a ton of assumptions. I offer it only as an example of how our first impressions might not be one hundred percent correct and how that might change the sorts of interactions we could have with them. So it's worth it to try and find out how they sustain themselves and what exactly their philosophy is. The Sarghress and the Vloz'ress were both started as anti-Val movements but are very different from each other ideologically.
Ein'keos Al'dun Teikaliath - Builder
Ein'keos
Vel'akar

Postby drakanor on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:34 am

No I just recognize the clan 'symbol' from one of the short stories in Moonless Age. Long story short some of them go and turn themselves into Mana-Bombs in an attempt at killing the Vals
ImageGroup On Deviantart.
drakanor
Summoner

Postby blackshade10 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:40 am

drakanor wrote:No I just recognize the clan 'symbol' from one of the short stories in Moonless Age. Long story short some of them go and turn themselves into Mana-Bombs in an attempt at killing the Vals

You got a link to that comic? I remember it, but not the symbol.
--
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Finish on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:43 am

drakanor wrote:No I just recognize the clan 'symbol' from one of the short stories in Moonless Age. Long story short some of them go and turn themselves into Mana-Bombs in an attempt at killing the Vals

Aah I remember that story. So we know that it's probably canon.

The only advantage of an alliance I could see is that they a) don't try to blow up our Illharess if we become a Val Clan or b) that they would blow up Illhars from hostile Clans for us.
However, I don't think it's worth trying. So we should stay away from them. Far away. :D
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

PreviousNext

Return to Conference Hall