Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: PROJECT FINDING NEMO *tm

Postby Thaluka2 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:58 pm

That 60 figure likely includes guilds too.
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby blackshade10 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:59 pm

Chel goes out AND up. Some Fortresses are located outside of Chel'el'sussoloth. It's an accurate number, as I have heard it too.

It is possible that Guilds are taken into account, but I would guess that there are more clans than guilds.
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Finish on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:11 pm

blackshade10 wrote:Chel goes out AND up. Some Fortresses are located outside of Chel'el'sussoloth. It's an accurate number, as I have heard it too.

It is possible that Guilds are taken into account, but I would guess that there are more clans than guilds.

Still 60 is a large number... Imagine that map: http://www.drowtales.com/~pathtopower/
And now think how it would looks like with 60 dots. :D Ok some fortress are probably at the "ceiling" but still... And I guess the majority of all fortresses is inside Chel and not outside.

Also I think there should be more Guilds than Clans. Because you don't need a dynasty and a bloodline for a Guild. It's easier to create one than a Clan. Probably many Clans started as guild
or something similar. :)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:33 pm

Bear in mind that the Guild of flowers is counted as a Minor Clan, as were the Vei Visa I believe.

I am also fairly sure that it was mentioned that Chel has at least 5 levels in some places. If you check the original map we were given by Kern (linked here) then we are still in least populated areas of Chel, we have barely scratched the surface, the closer to the heart of Chel we get, the more clans we are likely to encouter.

Though with the MA war coming, I am sure many of those 60 clans will be scattered like leaves on the wind long before we meet them.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby minalia on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:39 pm

In the advent that we meet new clans during this exploration we might stumble in major feuds betwen clans and have to chose sides in order to make profitable transactions with the other small clans. Should we remain neutral like the Kalyantra or attack and pulverise the smaller clans then us that show a lack of respect towards our clan?
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby cat-eyes on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:57 pm

I applaud this collaboration, it is certainly long over due.

OK. The benefit to this collaboration is that Xenon can go into negotiations with a dossier on the target. And that helps her negotiation chances EXPONENTIALLY. She will, for example, know that a certain Ill'har has a weakness for chocolate or needs help to run a rival gang off of her turf. And so can open negotiations on a positive footing since she will know something about them in advance and thus have something interesting to say to them.

It is difficult to begin a negotiation with someone that you have no knowledge about.

The scouts were taken off the track of scouting/espionage long ago, and they are the only bodies fit to perform that vital mission for the clan. We need to make this the first move to get them on the right path. Anyone can be an errand boy. But Kitab is too important to do so any longer. Let him spy for us, that is what he does best. And let the intel produced empower the clan as a result.

Nicht war, meine Herren?
cat-eyes
Demon

Postby Finish on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Kitab Al'Ibar wrote:Bear in mind that the Guild of flowers is counted as a Minor Clan, as were the Vei Visa I believe.

I still think there's a difference between a Clan and a Guild at that a Clan is more powerful than a Guild - to become a Clan you probably need other Clans who acknowledge you as a Clan and I don't think that's necessary for a Guild. However just my assumption so it could be wrong.

Kitab Al'Ibar wrote:I am also fairly sure that it was mentioned that Chel has at least 5 levels in some places. If you check the original map we were given by Kern (linked here) then we are still in least populated areas of Chel, we have barely scratched the surface, the closer to the heart of Chel we get, the more clans we are likely to encouter.

Well but the area in the east is the "land of smaller Clans". In the west area of Chel the Val Clans probably control most areas. So our chances are bigger to find other Clans outside the heart of Chel. :)

Kitab Al'Ibar wrote:Though with the MA war coming, I am sure many of those 60 clans will be scattered like leaves on the wind long before we meet them.

Let's just hope we aren't one of them. ;)

minalia wrote:In the advent that we meet new clans during this exploration we might stumble in major feuds betwen clans and have to chose sides in order to make profitable transactions with the other small clans. Should we remain neutral like the Kalyantra or attack and pulverise the smaller clans then us that show a lack of respect towards our clan?

I think we shouldn't interfer in Clan wars that aren't ours. Unless they could offer us something very profitable. After all that was the reason why we chosen the Sharen (free Orth training for favours) instead of the Sarghress (Look your doors and we are very impressed). :D
Also I think we should only pulverise the smaller Clans who want to step on our toes. As we learning now a Clan war is a serious buisness and the Dvaraka are probably no pushover.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Kitab Al'Ibar on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:04 pm

minalia wrote:In the advent that we meet new clans during this exploration we might stumble in major feuds betwen clans and have to chose sides in order to make profitable transactions with the other small clans. Should we remain neutral like the Kalyantra or attack and pulverise the smaller clans then us that show a lack of respect towards our clan?

That is not really the choice of myself or Xenon, that is the choice of the clan as a whole and An'jhali. I'm sure it will vary on a situational basis, but it is a choice that should be submitted through the LA. Given that, as a clan, we won't always make the right choice, it is the place of the ranked to act on your choices, but no single one of us should be dictating how the clan should act in a given situation.

Nor is this the place to speculate on such. If you want to, make a seperate thread, but until we meet those clans, we do not know what circumstances will colour our judgement.
Kitab Al'Ibar
Vel'akar

Postby Anza'ka Anzo on Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Excellent Timing! *wee*
Anzaka has the creepy eyes.... @_@
Anza'ka Anzo
Nether Spawn

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:19 pm

I agree that seeking out new minor clans to ally ourselves with sounds like a top priority, but how do we go about it? Just dispatch the scouts to unexplored sectors and ask around? Kitab's plan to explore areas we've already been too makes sense though, see if anyone else is in the neighborhood before moving on to totally unexplored territory.
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:51 am

Not to mention the unknown- can we benefit from another clan? i'd say the odds are likely we're bound to find someone agreeable, and to the naysayers, just as likely to find someone unagreeable.

HOWEVER-

“The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: Be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge.”

I am not content. We were ignorant of the Dvara'ka and their toll booth. We should not be willing to be caught as such again, unawares.
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby benuminister on Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:09 am

I hope we find someone who would be helpful to us. *crosses fingers*
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby thealbinobutterfly on Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:42 am

The map isn't completed, finding nemo is still a go.

Last edited by thealbinobutterfly on Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thealbinobutterfly
Vel'akar

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Awesome work on Project Nemo so far Xenon! So we know the Val'Ogglir are to be avoided cuz they think themselves a clan for the people and hate Vals and possibly other minor clans as well, and that the Blue Banner Guild works with Relic Hunters. Could we possibly seek business with the Blue Banner? Sell those ancient books that Kern said we cannot use?
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby blackshade10 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:49 pm

A "Peoples Guild" next to the Svarts?

Hooo boy.
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

PreviousNext

Return to Conference Hall