Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: Assaulting the Dvara'ka

Postby Tohya on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:57 am

You don't have to feed a golem.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby minalia on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:59 am

A golem cost arond 150+ada to build. A pack lizard cost 20 ada. And our funds are very limited.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Ein'keos on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:00 am

Depends on what a dawmere is. If it's something really strong it could be very useful for knocking through gates or such. But otherwise, yeah, more pack lizards would be useful.
Ein'keos Al'dun Teikaliath - Builder
Ein'keos
Vel'akar

Postby Tohya on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:50 am

The spider golem is not a good measuring stick. The mine golems are mostly stone with some metal parts and powered by two gemstones, so they are more like 40 ada. You also have to feed a lizard for as long as it lives, so how much food do you think 5 pack lizards will eat over their lifetime?

And isn't this a bit off topic .
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby Ein'keos on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Okay, so according to Thalar a dawmere is a cave unicorn. So if it's five times more expensive than a pack lizard that brings the efficacy of the lizard into doubt, but maybe it could still be useful to push heavy doors open or something.
Ein'keos
Vel'akar

Postby Thalar on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:29 pm

Ein'keos wrote:Okay, so according to Thalar a dawmere is a cave unicorn. So if it's five times more expensive than a pack lizard that brings the efficacy of the lizard into doubt, but maybe it could still be useful to push heavy doors open or something.

There's a huge difference between a battle-trained dawmere and a pack lizard, so yeah ^^
It could be that a lizard like that can be trained for battle, but maybe it's not very common.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Sukrai on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:49 pm

It's probably not common because they're slow. Compared to a unicorn or spider or dragon (or golem), those lizards are plodding. And a sitting target to anyone who can aim. I actually find it amusing that as a clan who relies on speed, we're using a lizard like this. If it can be trained, then yes, it's a deviation from our normal fighting tactics, which gives us something to fool our enemies with. I just hope it works.
Insanity - A state of mind in which the afflicted acts outside of social norms.
....Well I guess the sane are in a minority then.

Caretaker of Ys'sa's battleaxe
Sukrai
Summoner

Postby Ein'keos on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Ein'keos wrote:Someone linked some really exhaustive information about Koa'naka that was in the forum. I wish I'd seen this stuff before! One good thing to know is that they are NOT SKITTISH! This means that the warriors might still be able to use them to push the gate down, but they won't fight Dvara'ka troops.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11477&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=bestiary
Ein'keos
Vel'akar

Postby Vertigo916 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Something i think we need to seriously consider is a battering ram.

I dont know if this is linked correctly but

http://www.santharia.com/pictures/faugar/simple_ram.htm

This is obviously a fantasy reference for the ram i couldn't find a picture of the one i wanted IRL which is basically the same deal minus all the orc fluff.

Throw in a few miners in armor to help with mana arts on the door to weaken it and you would have an effective breaching method depending on how large their door is.

I know wood is not an option however could stone be a possibility? with out getting crazy here is a engineering link for weights. http://www.p1m.com/m-w.htm

My basic idea for portability would be a simple 2 wheels roughly towards the center or alternatively depending on time we could put 4 wheels on it. (stone or steel) though i feel 4 wheels would not allow time to construct it in the frame we are wanting to work in.

I understand this would put people in danger.. But to my understanding this is a war, we are all in danger. Use one team consisting of miners and a few wars as well as an engineer overseer as the ram users possibly an architect as well though I'm not sure what area of expertise would be needed.

Also i should note we would have to put about 3-4 rods on each side of the ram for the manpower powering method. I did not think about them until after i had uploaded the picture to photo bucket.
If we cant force such a simple thing as stone to submit to us how can we ever hope to stem the unending flow of time set against us.
Vertigo916
Nether Spawn

Previous

Return to Conference Hall