Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Vassallage

Postby FSEffect on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:06 pm

I'm posting this suggestion here for the time being, and will post it as an LA advice when necessary.
As I see it we've gone through the same-ish cycles of taking people as slaves after every battle. Currently there is the possibility of going into war again, and I would like to suggest rather then burn the entire clan into the ground we should pound them into submission and take them as vassals. They'll have a reduced military, and we'll have squad inspections every once in a while. We'll install something of a puppet government and they'll pay tribute regularly for us not to stomp on them. The way I see it wanton destruction and taking of everyone as slaves won't win over friends. If we manage to capture their city, we'll have the oppurtunity of securing a new outpost outside of Chel, and don't need a permenant military presence there. The vassal state will stop any more of their unfair tolling, and can simply repay tribute in providing skilled labour/ actual cash.

Anyway it's a bit muddled but you get the idea.
Suggestions and criticisms k? :3
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Vassallage

Postby Catriana on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:17 pm

Wait? There's a possibility of war?
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby FSEffect on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Always :P
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Clan's designated marksman
Kerr Nigit

Kerr's sister and relic hunter
Kay Nigit
FSEffect
Vel'akar

Postby waffleferret on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:07 pm

Catriana wrote:Wait? There's a possibility of war?

Of course there is cat :w , think about it we are holding some of thier people that probly has them pissed .They are allied with the Sarg while we with the Sharen , we are currently planing to make contact with them heck anything could happpen from us being best buddys to kicking each others butts with how capricious kern is .
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Si'Arnom on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:31 pm

I don't think that's an option. We're to small to have vassals just yet. Even if we conquer them and they agree to our deal, what's stopping them from just going behind our backs to the shagress and swear vassalage to them?
Si'Arnom
Nether Seed

Postby benuminister on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:27 pm

Haven't we talked about this already? The commonly held belief was it was a bad idea.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Postby Madea on Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:11 pm

Because you have to enforce any edicts you place over another clan, as nobody pays tribute willingly, it requires a permanant warrior commitment that we just can't afford. Dissolution of whatever opposing clan is preferable.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby Wan'drille on Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:43 pm

Vessels are to be made from weaker allies, not defeated ennemies (in fact, you give the land of your defeated ennemies to your very weak allie if you can't take care of it yourself I think)
Lae'xylian - Leader of the 3rd squad
Wan'drille
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Return to Conference Hall