Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: A (possible) extra favor from the Sharen?

Postby Ein'keos on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:54 pm

Well, I think getting a material benefit out of them, like mounts, is unlikely considering what we're giving them are material goods of low quality. I think what they're talking about as far as favours go are things that don't cost them anything directly to do, like Orthorbae access was. I'm thinking a good, and useful, favour to ask of them would be that they refuse any Dvara'ka attempts to get them to intervene, or make an ownership ruling, in the cavern exit case. We don't want to be indebted to them, but if we did this, we wouldn't be. We'd be paying the debt on the spot with chitin and all they have to do is stay out of it. Of course, getting them to actively work for us might be nice to, but I think this is a good middle ground. That way we don't find ourselves in a situation where we're forced to defy a Vel'Sharen ruling and mess up the Orth deal.
Ein'keos Al'dun Teikaliath - Builder
Ein'keos
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Si'Arnom on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:20 pm

I think they're just testing us, trying to gauge our commitment. Feels like they're dangling a bait. They may even gives something in return, but I'm not sure it's in our best interest in the long run. The more we invest in our relationship with the sharen, the harder will be coming out unscathed. Even if we don't consider the sarghress, the sharen are bad news for us just on it's one.
Si'Arnom
Nether Seed

Postby Finish on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:44 pm

Well the Sarghress wouldn't be a great Clan without the help of the Sul. The Sul made them great and I'm sure they did a lot of favor for them before (beside of Ash having lot of fun with Quain).
And the Sharen probably made the Vloz great because that way there's always a Clan the other Clans dislike even more.
The lesson to become a great Clan you need other great Clans as allies and you have to make yourself so important and useful that they consider you helping to get one of the prime Nine. ;)

Of course it's a long way until then... but that's how Chel works. You do me a favor I do you a favor.
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby minalia on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:15 am

Then let's face the facts.

1. The sharens have approached us and demanded us nicely for ressources and we got access to school. They also invited us to the clan council meeting. Because of that we were able to meet with the Kals and the Suls indirectly but we were able to get some kind of contact with both those clans.

2. They sargs, just threats and..more threats and >Mari got wounded only because we were associated with the Sharens first and they did not even bother to send a diplomat envoy to speak us in peaceful terms like the Sharens did.

3. We got a new clan..maybe a old minor clan who is basicaly a hostile force towards our clan at the moment and we need leverage against them since they have better trained warriors then we do and maybe have twice the numbers then we do. The fact that they used scorch earth tactics in sacrificing the safey of their own people frankly scares me what they might do to our cavern should we engage them in open warfate in our turf.

4. We can meet with the Swarts, offer them ada..maybe a business proposition to get their interest peak and in exchange we get their information network that might have a lot of info on who the dvavarka are, their history and their ranking in the minor clan as a military force..(dumb name if ask me)

5. Meeting the demands of the Sharens on giving them leather just for a favor might be hint that Kerns is giving us to get a edge against the Dva. That's the only thing we got at the moment it,s optional but a favor for a favor that's how Chel works in the past and that's how we made a deal with the Nals in the past as we did with the traders, the swarts and the Kals,

6. Of course meeting with the Suls to obtain said information will also have them wanting something in return. they are a very peaceful big clan on the surface but we cannot use meta knowledge and think that they will be nice to us like they did with the sargs since they also have their own agenda towards gaining the complete control of Chel. I won't even be suprised if Ash ends up backstabbing Quain in the back once Quainy finishes wiping out the Sharens.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby corsair980 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:34 am

BlackFulcrum wrote:I dunno about this, till now our delivered goods were payment for our Orth training, doing something extra for a possible favor is dangerous, it's almost paying tribute to the Sharen, and thus getting nothing in return, even with the Dvara'ka situation I'd rather we handle it ourselves, we need to stand on our own feet, and not constantly rely on the big boys to bail us out of trouble.

QFT
Fel'urion Tei'kaliath, smelter extraordinaire
corsair980
Nether Spawn

Postby waffleferret on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:41 pm

I think we shouldn't just go and use this favor all willynilly. The sharen may help us without haveing to call out a favor and if not them the nal might. I belive we should save this favor for the next time something gos wrong that we have little control over and they could solve with only words of favortizm. Maybe to beable to decline on something the sharen ask on us with out them takeing it wrong sence we have already broke our backs for them doing this. Somethings going to happen sooner then later that we will have to struggle for or be forced once agin into we should use this as a "parachute" or an extra life if you get what I mean, if we go and use this on things we want but don't really need and then later on when kern trows something at us we had no way to prepare for steps outa the neathergate of badvmoods (this is a joke) , we simply wont have any options .
we gotta think more strategisticly with this.
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Aeryll on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:50 pm

Or we might not have any choice at all about what we're getting whatsoever. After giving the chitin we're getting a pat on the head and an old golem and send of or something.

Personally I'm just dying with curiosity exactly what that favour is and would make the extra delivery just because of that.
Aeryll
Summoner

Postby waffleferret on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:57 am

Aeryll wrote:Or we might not have any choice at all about what we're getting whatsoever. After giving the chitin we're getting a pat on the head and an old golem and send of or something.

Personally I'm just dying with curiosity exactly what that favour is and would make the extra delivery just because of that.

Kern said we may beable to vouche for one by how i read this *hmmm* in other words its "implyed" that if we do this we can call for one because we will be on better terms with them in other words if you say your hungry and your friend buys you a cake , next time they are low and ask if you can lend them a buck most likely you will feel more motivated to help them out they don't know we will use this to our advantage its implyed.
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Previous

Return to Conference Hall