Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

A (possible) extra favor from the Sharen?

Postby Finish on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:44 pm

The actual Event archive says that we may gain an extra favor. Since I don't like that "may" and this favor could be anything why not come
up with our own suggestions. Of course we can't demand anything special like the Orth training because this seems like a small favor but I
think a brain storming can't hurt. Assuming we accept this addiotional offer.

Here are some general ideas:

- Cash: Just simple cold Ada
- Resources:Perhaps the Sharen have accesses to stuff we would like to use (gems, diamonds, fruits, golem) and we could get a few but valuable items from them
- Mounts: I doubt they will give us there dragons. But perhaps some of those raptors or another big lizards would be nice.

Feel free to come up with other ideas you think they could be suitable. :)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: A (possible) extra favor from the Sharen?

Postby Pariel on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Golem scraps, perhaps? They should have some of these, decomissioned through the ages, and we could put use to them. Or actually, ask for high quality gems. To make foci :P They have probably the best gem mines of the underworld (Sha'shi) .
Last edited by Pariel on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Thalar on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:49 pm

I don't think this possible favor is worth it at this point. They should offer us something specific, instead of giving a vague possibility of us maybe getting some kind of favor.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby minalia on Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:32 pm

It could range from a simple diplomatic arrangement in contacting know clans that we would like to meet with a sharen diplomat to accessing the rights of a highly know shop in the sharen market districts with no taxation so we can sell our wares and get all our profits?

Or just send Xenon and try and get a more specific info on what exactly this favor might be?
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Kir'ima on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:31 pm

I think that given the current conflict with the Dvara'ka, we should definitely go the extra mile with the food and animal hides for the Sharen.

We are going to need all the 'favors' we can get. :0
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Aeryll on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:07 pm

Cookies! :D :D :D
Aeryll
Summoner

Postby Ein'keos on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:31 pm

I agree with Kirima. This clan seems to have connections to the Sharen, so we have to make sure the difference between them and us as far as favour goes doesn't become too great. As such, going the extra mile is a preventative measure. We could also ask that the favour be a little intel on the clan, although we'd have to make sure it's info we would be able to trust and confirm, such as the location of the fortress. If we ask about strength they might be liable to exaggerate to help their friends, but if we know where the fortress is perhaps we could glean intel of our own.
Ein'keos Al'dun Teikaliath - Builder
Ein'keos
Vel'akar

Postby BlackFulcrum on Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:00 am

I dunno about this, till now our delivered goods were payment for our Orth training, doing something extra for a possible favor is dangerous, it's almost paying tribute to the Sharen, and thus getting nothing in return, even with the Dvara'ka situation I'd rather we handle it ourselves, we need to stand on our own feet, and not constantly rely on the big boys to bail us out of trouble.
If you wish for peace, prepare for war

Reayna Nimariadh Tei'kaliath - Airship Denizen
Quanhir'nylwae Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath - Warrior and Guardian of Ama'varde
BlackFulcrum
Demon

Postby Exate on Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:55 am

I am inclined to go for this extra favor. As for what it is... having the Vel'Sharen second the assertion that the cavern is our domain might be worth shooting for. Currently only ourselves and the Nal'Sarkoth have made that declaration, as I understand it; getting a second great clan on the table couldn't hurt, and might help us out in situations like the current Dvara'ka dispute.

Of course, any statement on their part that we own something is only as good as our ability to enforce it, but it would still count for something in any situation where things have not yet devolved to fighting.
Exate
Demon

Postby Ein'keos on Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:22 am

I prefer that to my previous idea, actually. Finding out the location of their fortress wouldn't be as valuable as such a declaration would be.
Ein'keos Al'dun Teikaliath - Builder
Ein'keos
Vel'akar

Postby Lt Anders on Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:45 am

Exate wrote:I am inclined to go for this extra favor. As for what it is... having the Vel'Sharen second the assertion that the cavern is our domain might be worth shooting for. Currently only ourselves and the Nal'Sarkoth have made that declaration, as I understand it; getting a second great clan on the table couldn't hurt, and might help us out in situations like the current Dvara'ka dispute.

Of course, any statement on their part that we own something is only as good as our ability to enforce it, but it would still count for something in any situation where things have not yet devolved to fighting.

+1 to karma...oh wait we don't have that here...
+1 to ...Yea, lets do it.
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Catriana on Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:56 am

Thalar wrote:I don't think this possible favor is worth it at this point. They should offer us something specific, instead of giving a vague possibility of us maybe getting some kind of favor.

I kinda agree with this...it's like we're jumping up and down like a happy puppy in hopes they'll give us extra treats if we beg properly. I mean, on the flip side it will make us look good with the Sharen but...ugh. I don't know. I'm mixed.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Tohya on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:50 am

Exate wrote:I am inclined to go for this extra favor. As for what it is... having the Vel'Sharen second the assertion that the cavern is our domain might be worth shooting for. Currently only ourselves and the Nal'Sarkoth have made that declaration, as I understand it; getting a second great clan on the table couldn't hurt, and might help us out in situations like the current Dvara'ka dispute.

+1
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby Nasfors on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:26 pm

I say don't do it. The risk that they will start asking for bigger deliveries is greater than the reward of something they haven't even promised.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby thatguyvex on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:04 pm

My take on this is simple; do it only if we can wrangle a specific benefit from them. From Finish's initial list I'd say either we ask for ada or access to mounts. We don't deliver unless we get the benefit we ask for, of course. Really the resource they're asking here is a minor one, as we can easily harvest kir'isu chitin in that amount fairly quickly. As long as we have secured a known benefit, then it'd be worth it. If the Sharen refuse our request then we lose nothing and just keep the chitin, simple as that.
There is a fine line between awesome and ridiculous. Badai uses that line to floss his teeth.

Kazdrin's Random Link: Bizzare. Amusing. Ruby Quest.
thatguyvex
Vel'akar

Next

Return to Conference Hall