Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: Dealing with the Toll-takers [Joint Plan]

Postby Tohya on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:07 am

You missed the hired bit, and the Svartelos have no warriors of their own. They hire mercs.
Tohya
Vel'akar

Postby minalia on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:11 am

If that group of tolls are a merc group employed by the swarts then we do have a serious problem that needs to be resolved by a velvet glove not a iron fist and take into account that by destroying a sharen supporting clan that might put our free ortho school deal in jeopardy by weakening the sharen supporting clan versus the clans supporting the sargs. We need to know if who we are dealing is a new clan or just some merc unit who likes painting a symbol on their uniforms like the relentless slavers did back then.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Bamawing on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:16 pm

No, I don't think Rhinny is stupid enough to try something like this. Mercs cost money- more money that I think tolls would create. Besides, that's not her MO. She would have a sleezy guy taking tolls, not a bunch of muscly dudes in cheap-but-matching armor. She probably wouldn't have any mercs at all, honestly, because she knows us well enough to know that we have a big stick but speak softly. And she would be displaying her symbol.

Sad to say, if Rhinny decides to "get back" at us, it'll probably be a LOT more subtle... and harmful, more than likely. :(
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Finish on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Thanks guys. Because of all our debats about the Sarghress and the Sharen involment I now had a nightmare about that the meeting with the toll taker ends in violence. :D Then the Sarghress who are behind them would appear and crush us followed by the Sharen who would fight against the Sarghress in our cavern will the remaining surviors of our Clan would stand in the middle of the cavern without a fortress and our Illharess missing. The only thing left out was Jokerface. ;)
At this was my first P2P dream. First I did after I waked up was to check if there was a update in the Leader archive. ;)

Bamawing wrote:Sad to say, if Rhinny decides to "get back" at us, it'll probably be a LOT more subtle... and harmful, more than likely. :(

Agreed. The only way how the Svarts could be involved in this is than Rhinn "sold" them this exit. :D
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby minalia on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:28 pm

If that happens..we should be as subtle to her as in sending the scouts to orthobas to learn specific assasination skills then go and kill every heir and kid that Rhin has to teach her a lesson not to mess with us.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Previous

Return to Conference Hall