Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

aw screw it

Postby waffleferret on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:24 pm

please just delete this it was a bad ideal...I forgot how grumpy adults are *upset* ..better yet if you can't i'll reuse it once a topic come avalible sorry mods (oh cantrina if you could ask for your post to be deleted when i do reuse it it will be aprreciated you were kinda right )
Last edited by waffleferret on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

faction problems?

Postby waffleferret on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:33 pm

:L <save for future use>
Last edited by waffleferret on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Re: resolve

Postby Catriana on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:57 pm

The Tali/Shiir issue is kind of dying atm. Picanet is going to post her side and had asked that no one respond to the post until she does. I am sure there will be a reaction, but it will probably be people simply coming to their own final conclusions. There are still people commenting on it in various other boards, which really should stop because it's on boards that have nothing to do with that particular subject.

In short: The issue is resolving itself. There's no need to drag it out to another thread.

-----------------
On the second topic: This is not a game for the extremely emotional. You have pulled people from various locations and they are supposed to interact cohesively? It simply will not happen. What you can only hope for is a majority over a minority on most issues, because there will always be those who disagree and it is within their right to do so. As long as this game is mostly democratic and on a voting system, there will always be divisions and there will always be different people wanting different things. It is simply the nature of things. You can either accept that and stick to your guns or allow yourself to feel pushed around and let it drain you.

------------------------------

The faction issue is somewhat of a non-issue, to me anyway, because Kern clarified the position. It is not political. It is NOT going away. It has been renamed, and a more er...detailed explaination was put in place. I don't agree with blaming factions for the division of the clan. We were already divided, have been since I joined and since the beginning. Ignoring the feature will not make it go away, but it might hinder your playing experience, which is rather unfortunate.

Furthermore, if there are 'Families' out there that have stayed clear of the drama, I do not see why we all cannot police ourselves in the same manner. Ignore the 'Well X faction/family' is doing this or "Well, X faction/family is doing/saying that." Who cares what they're saying/doing? Unless it harms the clan as a whole, they're simply talking and words can only hurt you if you allow them to. If it is simple and trivial, ignore them. It is not their faction/family that is the problem, it is them. Eventually, if everyone leaves them alone and goes about their own business, they will be exposed for what they are and eventually will lose followers. The more attention you give them, the more they grow in power.

I didn't even KNOW there were faction problems until I heard about it in my own faction chat. I was quite oblivious to all the drama and it doesn't seem to me like it affected the clan as a whole beyond 'he said, she said' high school drama.

It's not even Skype that's the problem, if you think deeply enough about it. I've used messengers for years and had forums and it's not the messengers that are the problem, it's how they are used. It was used as a ground for spreading rumors, talking horribly behind people's back and whatever nonesense was going on.

If it's just one or two factions that are causing this problem, then the faction system is not the problem. It's the faction themselves and should be properly ignored by all. They will eventually get weeded out or alienate themselves.

-------------------

Number four is not going to happen. Like I said, you have people from different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, lifestyles....you are not going to turn that into a cohesive bond. Oh, you can get them to somewhat work together under duress (like in bootcamp. Yeah, we cooperated because we were forced to, but trust me, there was division and discontent there as well. Fights break out, it's stupid). Even if 59% of us came up with a set of ground rules, the other 41% would find something wrong with it. That's just the way it works. So then, the only thing that will matter is majority views/votes.

You are not going to be able to keep a mass of people like this from arguing. Arguing is not necessilary a bad thing. The problem is that people cannot seperate opinion and the person as a whole. Because they cannot accept the fact that the other person has a seperate opinion, they tend to judge the other person harsly as a person. This is wrong. There should be respect for the other's opinion, even if it is seperate, and should not damage a working relationship between the two.

Example: Nasfors and I do not always agree. In fact, we hardly EVER agree on points initially and have argued many times. But we are still friends. GOOD friends. Why? Because we understand that while we have seperate opinions, we are still good people, good friends, and we are not going to alienate each other because of that. It involves a lack of egotisim, it really does. It also helps us to understand each other better. We both know that we'll listen to each other's points. We may even get pissy with each other, but in the end we are both adults and WILL either come to a point where we understand and accept that the other person isn't going to change their views or we both end up seeing points in each other's argument and coming up with an entirely different conclusion and decision based on that.

People cannot take debates and arguments personally. Nor should they. I'm pretty sure during the Madea/Pica argument many folks thought that I was Oh so Pissed off and going on some crusade because I disliked Madea or whatever. Even Madea got pissed off at me (which is fine and understandable). Unless you actually insult me as a person, I will more than likely never be angry at YOU as a person. I have my opinion, you have yours. I may not AGREE with it, but I will respect it and view you as a horrible person or whatever. That is simply how I am and people will not know or understand that unless they actually speak to me. *shrug* It simply is that way.

So the issue, as before, is not the system but the people. They simply need to get over the fact that just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't make them a bastard or an asshole.
“The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." -Henry David Thoreau
Catriana
Dragon of the Nether

Re: resolve

Postby waffleferret on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:00 am

<saveing for when people are chilly> *sweatdrop*
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Re: aw screw it

Postby Bamawing on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:52 pm

waffleferret wrote:please just delete this it was a bad ideal...I forgot how grumpy adults are *upset*

*giggle* please forgive me, Waffle. I shouldn't laugh but your comment on grumpy adults cracked me up. It's just so true, so much of the time... XD Kids are grumpy too, but in a different way somehow.

This'll blow over eventually. At least to the extent that it ever will.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby waffleferret on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:02 am

Bamawing wrote:
waffleferret wrote:please just delete this it was a bad ideal...I forgot how grumpy adults are *upset*

*giggle* please forgive me, Waffle. I shouldn't laugh but your comment on grumpy adults cracked me up. It's just so true, so much of the time... XD Kids are grumpy too, but in a different way somehow.

This'll blow over eventually. At least to the extent that it ever will.

thanks bamawing I feel less silly now :w
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Bamawing on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:42 pm

no prob, hon. *huggles*
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Return to Conference Hall