Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Should we seal the tunnel within the mine that leads to the Sarghress area?

Yes
51%
No
49%

Total votes : 35

Re: Sealing the mine tunnel to Sarghress area

Postby waffleferret on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:50 pm

OMG *doh* is it really worth all this covo over this little hole? I have a brillant ideal how about we build a door and put a latch over the thrice damned thing once and for all! we can open it if it ever is need be ? Oh now that i think about it if this is in the mine dose'nt the mine have a door and a huge latch anyways ? how about we just make a trip wire web around the hole entrance that will alarm if its cut or moved then the miners can run out and shut the door problem solved
A or B will work right :w
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Finish on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:42 pm

waffleferret wrote:OMG *doh* is it really worth all this covo over this little hole? I have a brillant ideal how about we build a door and put a latch over the thrice damned thing once and for all! we can open it if it ever is need be ? Oh now that i think about it if this is in the mine dose'nt the mine have a door and a huge latch anyways ? how about we just make a trip wire web around the hole entrance that will alarm if its cut or moved then the miners can run out and shut the door problem solved
A or B will work right :w

Everything is fine as long as we don't ignore it and assume that nothing will happens. :)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby AthenAltena on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Considering the content of this latest update and the very likely possibility that it was the Sarghress I'd rather we seal this thing up sooner rather than later. If they're going to attack us on the streets attacking us in our homes is the next logical progression, and I'd rather not have a handy way for them to get in and out of our backyard.
AthenAltena
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby waffleferret on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:10 am

AthenAltena wrote:Considering the content of this latest update and the very likely possibility that it was the Sarghress I'd rather we seal this thing up sooner rather than later. If they're going to attack us on the streets attacking us in our homes is the next logical progression, and I'd rather not have a handy way for them to get in and out of our backyard.

agreed :3
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby thatguyvex on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:51 pm

Have only skimmed this thread so don't know if this has been mentioned yet but...

Wouldn't' this secret tunnel into the Sarghress land be a very valuable commodity to the Sharen? Just a thought.

In any case, if the Sarghress know about this tunnel then no matter what we do to seal it, they can unseal it, so the point either other way is moot. Rather than focusing on sealing it we could just take some effort to hide the entrance to it so in the event the Sarghress are currently unaware of it then their chances of finding it are reduced.
There is a fine line between awesome and ridiculous. Badai uses that line to floss his teeth.

Kazdrin's Random Link: Bizzare. Amusing. Ruby Quest.
thatguyvex
Vel'akar

Postby Bamawing on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:26 pm

thatguyvex wrote:Have only skimmed this thread so don't know if this has been mentioned yet but...

Wouldn't' this secret tunnel into the Sarghress land be a very valuable commodity to the Sharen? Just a thought.

I've been thinking the same. Yes, it's risky as hell. But day-um, we could get tons of ada with this lil bit of info.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby minalia on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:39 pm

IF we do reveal to the sharens that in our only mine, where we extract our biggest source of income. They are gonna turn our mine into a huge garrison force of demon tainted warriors and scream and demand that we enlarge the tunnel so they can have a second front and a easier access to the sargs. And if the sargs do beat that staging force and decide to explore this new opening and find a lot of iron that they can exploit for themselves and a lot of miners to enslave..and then see that big nice fortress that they might be tempted to also take for themselves..do i need to explain the rest. It's a stupid, dangerous potentialy game over move to reveal to the sharens that we have such a advantage and access to to sarg and vice versa.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Lt Anders on Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:27 pm

thatguyvex wrote:Have only skimmed this thread so don't know if this has been mentioned yet but...

No, It leads to the same place as if you walked across Chel from the Sharen holding to get to the Sarg.(it's a bit aways from the Sarg Fortress)
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Postby Finish on Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:07 pm

The less people outside of our Clan knows about this place, the better. :)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby kirio on Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:11 am

Finish wrote:The less people outside of our Clan knows about this place, the better. :)

Absolutely!!

I'm opposed to sealing it up permanently. We may need it later. However, a temporary block (or a secure door) would be prudent.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby waffleferret on Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:17 pm

kirio wrote:
Finish wrote:The less people outside of our Clan knows about this place, the better. :)

Absolutely!!

I'm opposed to sealing it up permanently. We may need it later. However, a temporary block (or a secure door) would be prudent.

like i said a door ;_; or heck a big rock >< and yes the sargs if they really want to unseal it they can but for for them to do it with out the miners at least haveing a good warning first is a whole nother deal , all we have to do is put something on it like a gong or bell that will make noise if its moved and we will be good
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:44 am

I'm saying seal it off for two fold reasons.

1) We can have plausible deniabilty by sealing it if the Sharen ever get rumors of it and decide to ask us to use it (or force their way through and thus use us as a buffer or a target)

2) It keeps raiders out.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Cayen on Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:27 pm

I say no to sealing off the hole. If we get attacked having a back door escape route is very good.
You can always rage quit....
Cayen
Vel'akar

Postby minalia on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:58 pm

if we do get attacked from chel, the enemy would have passed nearby the entrance from the east and posted guards to prevent us from going to the mine. Better to flee to west or down south river to the nals to get help from them.
A survivalist should not be a pessimist, he should always be positive, happy and enjoying life more than anyone else because he understands that each minute of peace we have is precious and unique, and he never takes it for granted.
minalia
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Hetros on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:38 pm

And we DO have an escape route. There's two other tunnels outa here remember? One to the surface and one back the way we came. We can fall back and return later.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Conference Hall