Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Should we seal the tunnel within the mine that leads to the Sarghress area?

Yes
51%
No
49%

Total votes : 35

Sealing the mine tunnel to Sarghress area

Postby Thaluka2 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:43 pm

Made a little poll to see what people think. Before I've argued against this, but the situation has changed. We're now under direct threat of disruptive Sarghress raids, spies, and assassins infiltrating our cavern in order to hinder our production and slow down the Sharen war effort. I think it's time to seal this off as best we can. While it won't be perfect it will slow anyone down and make it obvious if we *are* getting unwelcome visitors from that direction. What do you guys think?
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Sealing the mine tunnel to Sarghress area

Postby Sarinon on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:56 pm

Whoever voted no, you don't have to, but I'm curious as to the reasoning? x3
A man said to the universe: "Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."
DeviantArt
Sarinon
Nether Seed

Postby blackshade10 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:58 pm

Sarinon wrote:Whoever voted no, you don't have to, but I'm curious as to the reasoning? x3

Alright:

It's really tiny, and I think that closing it off takes time that we should spend elsewhere. Plus, we might have use of it later.
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Don'nhovahn on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:43 pm

In my response, I think sealing it off for now, would be a good defense for us for the moment. It doesn't have to be a permanent seal which we can never have access to again, but I think a blockade at the moment would be in the interest of safety.

However, that's my opinion. Thinking a bit ahead there.
Don'nhovahn
Nether Seed

Postby blackshade10 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:44 pm

It's incredibly small, and we have no idea if it's been discovered yet. While it's better safe than sorry, time is of the essence right now.
--
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Sarinon on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:48 pm

If it is so small, it won't take much time to seal it up. It's a small price to pay for something which could potentially cause us a lot of trouble in the future, particularly given the obvious Sarghress threat.
"However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."
DeviantArt
Sarinon
Nether Seed

Postby blackshade10 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:50 pm

Sarinon wrote:If it is so small, it won't take much time to seal it up. It's a small price to pay for something which could potentially cause us a lot of trouble in the future, particularly given the obvious Sarghress threat.

Oh, right, that reminds me: Sealing the hole would likely cause meta-game issues, since, to our knowledge, we've never been threatened by the Sarghress.
--
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Kir'ima on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:07 am

If something is to be done about that mine passage, then it should be obstructed, but not 'sealed' due to reasons of mine ventilation. When we first found this passage, IIRC there was a faint whistling sound that indicates air flow. I do not think it would be a good idea to stop that.
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
Kir'ima
the scout

Postby Thaluka2 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:00 am

blackshade10 wrote:
Sarinon wrote:If it is so small, it won't take much time to seal it up. It's a small price to pay for something which could potentially cause us a lot of trouble in the future, particularly given the obvious Sarghress threat.

Oh, right, that reminds me: Sealing the hole would likely cause meta-game issues, since, to our knowledge, we've never been threatened by the Sarghress.

We know the Sharen declared war on the Sarghress at the council. We know random people came out of nowhere and threatened to destroy us after they took out the Sharen if we helped them in preparations for a war. We know where said tunnel leads because we've been through the other side.

2+2 = ???? (Block/Seal/Obstruct tunnel FTW)
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Lt Anders on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:33 am

Honestly?

It's a completly useless thing to think about. It's barely large enough for the (unarmored) scouts to get through. Image if we had people wearing weapons and armor going through.

Also, in direct terms, the unknown people were most likely shadowing the Sharen

Unless anything direct comes up to make me change my mind. I'm case closing this. ^^;
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby waffleferret on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:37 am

blackshade10 wrote:It's incredibly small, and we have no idea if it's been discovered yet. While it's better safe than sorry, time is of the essence right now.

if one of our guys have made it though to see the sar land and we know for certain that 2 sar somehow got into our land ,we don't know if they used it but they have the skill to usae it if they want to , and the mine could be helpful to them why not, If its so incredibly small drop the wall on it and cave it in that won't take much if u ram it with a golem it is "incredibly small"
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby kirio on Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:08 am

waffleferret wrote:
blackshade10 wrote:It's incredibly small, and we have no idea if it's been discovered yet. While it's better safe than sorry, time is of the essence right now.

if one of our guys have made it though to see the sar land and we know for certain that 2 sar somehow got into our land ,we don't know if they used it but they have the skill to usae it if they want to , and the mine could be helpful to them why not, If its so incredibly small drop the wall on it and cave it in that won't take much if u ram it with a golem it is "incredibly small"

I think Lt is right. Those 2 probably came to Ther'avare by following the Sharen representative. With all the activity in the mine, they would have a much harder time remaining unnoticed than slipping into the Ther cavern with the festival crowds. It is still very likely that the Sarghress don't realize where that small hole in the wall leads.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Sarinon on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:31 am

Come on, a few blocks to fill a tiny hole. A couple hous work by a couple of builders to eliminate what could be a huge problem for us. Even if we supposedly know no danger, caution would seem the best option for a clan so small as ours.
DeviantArt
Sarinon
Nether Seed

Postby Frost Indri on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:38 pm

I agree withthe LT, and just want to add my 2 cents.

We know the hole is there. We can watch it for signs of passage, we can say, "here is a weak point we know about" and use it to our advantage. Keep it looking weak while we strengthen the shit out of our position. It becomes a spy trap. :)
Ka'hab, the potter.
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby benuminister on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:08 am

I say we secretly expand it and use it a possible escape tunnel if things with the Sharen go sour.
Tei'Kaliath: Biel (Bay-elle) Tel'mari, Forge Master and Novice at the Hammer Toss

EA process:
Friday: Post -> Saturday: Discuss and Edit -> Sunday: Final Draft

The Al'dun, more then just another family.
benuminister
Vel'akar

Next

Return to Conference Hall