Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Which clan?

Val'Sullisin'rune
16
47%
Val'Nalsarkoth
3
9%
Val'Illhardro
5
15%
Val'Belddrobaen
4
12%
Vel'Vlozress
1
3%
Vel'Sharen
0
No votes
Val'Jaal'darya
0
No votes
Val'Kyorl'solenurn
1
3%
No Great Clan Approach
4
12%
 
Total votes : 34

Re: Which of the Great Clans shall we approach?

Postby Kir'ima on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:02 am

I think trying to meet with the Kyorls is a moot point, because they are no longer there.
In the MA they left in a huff, and the PtP comic also says that a number of Il'haresses and Il'hars already left.

And even if they are still there, I would rather not tweak the Sharen's nose.
We can meet with the Kyorl's later. We don't need to piss off the Sharen now.
waiting patiently for my next chance at Sayatt
everyone stay clear of my blast radius
User avatar
Kir'ima
the scout
 
Posts: 2646
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 7:51 am
Location: Here and there
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Which of the Great Clans shall we approach?

Postby kirio on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:05 am

I'm not sure how much time we have to work with. Kern seems a bit too concerned with going back to the three day updates for my peace of mind. I wish he was willing to let us take all the time necessary to deal with the post-meeting hobnobbing. It looks like he's only willing to give us just one more LA update for this, though.

I agree with all your reasons in favor of contacting the Kyorls now, Thaluka. However, that Vel'Sharen giving us the hairy eyeball gave me a few more gray hairs. ^^;

Kir'ima,
The Kyorls may have left a diplomat behind to speak with the minor clans. However, I agree that the risk of meeting with them here and now is too high.
Image
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
User avatar
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 5833
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:11 pm
Location: Setaka, Japan
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Which of the Great Clans shall we approach?

Postby Exate on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:22 am

Kir'ima wrote:We can meet with the Kyorl's later.
I strongly suspect that this is our best shot at meeting the Kyorls on a non-hostile basis. The other circumstances in which we might encounter them seem to lean heavily towards cases in which one or more of us ends up tainted, and that wouldn't turn out well. That said, your point about the Sharen stands. The tainted woman featured in the most recent LA was, I believe, the imperial guard commander who works for Sarv'swati, who was in turn noted as saying that small clans were likely to be bold as long as the Sarghress stood, so she's probably keeping an eye on who talks with whom and reporting it to the Sharen enforcer faction. Or having the other imperial guards keep said eye for her, whichever. Meeting with the Kyorls might therefore hurt our rep in at least 1/3 of the Sharen's view.

Of course, by that logic, we might as well stay away from the Sullisin'rune, too, since they're known to be in bed with the Sarghress. We might have a slightly better excuse for talking to them, but are they really going to buy that? Balancing what the Sharen might think of us with how likely they are to do anything about it is a tricky game, but I suppose that unless we care to just scrap the idea of being overly friendly with them, it's one that we're stuck with.
User avatar
Exate
Demon
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:35 am
Location: Lost in my thoughts
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Which of the Great Clans shall we approach?

Postby Thaluka2 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:48 am

As far as we've seen the Sharen have not shown any overt hostility to the Sullisin'rune, nor vice versa. We'd either have to be Chelian historians or use metaknowledge to figure out the two groups don't like each other, as it's not readily obvious. I don't think taking up their unobjected-to offer will cause any negative Sharen faction.
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1760
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:05 am
Location: Sneaking
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Which of the Great Clans shall we approach?

Postby Finish on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:52 am

I see the reason why some of you are so keen to establish contact with the Kyorl: sealing technics - we're safe from demons and don't need Tainting.
That doesn't sounds so bad and it would be a good way to start our relations with them. However this is nothing we should do in public, the Illharess may not even
listen to us. Since the meeting is over we probably can't speak with her directly because there will be her escort around. Also what should we say them if we meet them:
"Hi you're doing a great job? We want to establish relations with your Clan."

I doubt that this would work with a Clan like the Kyorl. We must show them somehow that we on there side. The probably don't believe nice words.
So if we fail we lose time we could have used to establish contact with other Clans. If we have enough time after speak with the Clan we're have
a great chance of successe we still can speak with the Kyorl. But they shouldn't our primary goal.
User avatar
Finish
Merc on vacation
 
Posts: 3326
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:43 pm
Location: Germany
Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Which of the Great Clans shall we approach?

Postby blackshade10 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:56 am

Finish wrote:I see the reason why some of you are so keen to establish contact with the Kyorl: sealing technics - we're safe from demons and don't need Tainting.
That doesn't sounds so bad and it would be a good way to start our relations with them. However this is nothing we should do in public, the Illharess may not even
listen to us. Since the meeting is over we probably can't speak with her directly because there will be her escort around. Also what should we say them if we meet them:
"Hi you're doing a great job? We want to establish relations with your Clan."

I doubt that this would work with a Clan like the Kyorl. We must show them somehow that we on there side. The probably don't believe nice words.
So if we fail we lose time we could have used to establish contact with other Clans. If we have enough time after speak with the Clan we're have
a great chance of successe we still can speak with the Kyorl. But they shouldn't our primary goal.


Actually the general opinion here has been establishing a connection with them since we likely won't get another friendly chance to do so in awhile. Sealing techniques haven't come up in this thread as far as I know.
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
User avatar
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:10 am
Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Re: Which of the Great Clans shall we approach?

Postby Finish on Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:08 am

blackshade10 wrote:Actually the general opinion here has been establishing a connection with them since we likely won't get another friendly chance to do so in awhile. Sealing techniques haven't come up in this thread as far as I know.


Well for me it looks like the primary reason why we should establish contact with them. A lot of people dislike the fanatic part of the Kyorl and they way the "solve" accidentally Tainting. So we certainly don't want to become there ally because we think "they're cool". On the other side we fear that we have to fight demons and most people naturally don't like Tainting. So we're looking for other ways to handle demons - which lead us to the Kyorl. And this is the reason why we're trying to speak with there Illharess. To make a first step and hopefuly learn there sealing techniques somehow (at least that are my assumptions).
User avatar
Finish
Merc on vacation
 
Posts: 3326
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:43 pm
Location: Germany
Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Which of the Great Clans shall we approach?

Postby blackshade10 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:13 am

Finish wrote:
blackshade10 wrote:Actually the general opinion here has been establishing a connection with them since we likely won't get another friendly chance to do so in awhile. Sealing techniques haven't come up in this thread as far as I know.


Well for me it looks like the primary reason why we should establish contact with them. A lot of people dislike the fanatic part of the Kyorl and they way the "solve" accidentally Tainting. So we certainly don't want to become there ally because we think "they're cool". On the other side we fear that we have to fight demons and most people naturally don't like Tainting. So we're looking for other ways to handle demons - which lead us to the Kyorl. And this is the reason why we're trying to speak with there Illharess. To make a first step and hopefuly learn there sealing techniques somehow (at least that are my assumptions).


I would say that people are more for the fact that these guys are advocating the complete destruction of demons while promising the protection of pure Drow. Mind, the term pure is wishy washy when it comes to corrupted, but that's where we try to avoid demons and nether summoners. Also, it certainly doesn't hurt to know some of the baddest SOB's in Chel when it comes to demon extermination.

It's been said once, twice, and a hundred times. I'll say it again.

They will NOT teach us demon sealing techniques. I'm fairly certain that most people get that.
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
User avatar
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon
 
Posts: 6411
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:10 am
Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Re: Which of the Great Clans shall we approach?

Postby Bamawing on Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:24 am

I voted for the Ill'hardro but meant Sul'issurune. I am always getting those two mixed up... *doh*

I'm going to suggest we not go to the Jaals. They'll take one look at our high-ranking males and turn up their bio-engineered noses at us.

I also want to caution against becoming too chummy with the Great Clans. It's true that we need friends, but we also need a lack of enemies. I do think we should approach the Suls... and maybe even the 'Hardro... and we ought to say hi or at least wave to our Green friends.

But let's concentrate on the smaller clans for now. I would be perfectly happy if, in the upcoming war, we were ignored altogether.
User avatar
Bamawing
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2475
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:51 am
Location: Washington State
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Which of the Great Clans shall we approach?

Postby Whizzard on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:58 pm

I voted for Sullisin'runes. For me there were two good options, Illhardro or Sullisin but since Illhardro is not very present in Chel, I chose Sullisin, they are rich and we are poor, they also aren't full of themselves, they surely can help us a lot.
Laerei Nimaraidh - Veteran Warrior of Tei'kaliath
Celia Nimaraidh - Wind element Mana Specialist and Laerei's daughter
User avatar
Whizzard
Dragon of the Nether
 
Posts: 4917
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 10:23 am
Location: Overworld, the land of happiness and joy
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Re: Which of the Great Clans shall we approach?

Postby waffleferret on Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:40 pm

im holding my vote till someone with Anj'hali puts up a "speak with Sullisin'rune ,Nal'sorkorth and Kal'yantra these are the three i think it is most mportant to speack with even though i have put an opton up this time i didn't vote because i think this is our best choices for meny reasons (very stupid thing to do i know but didn't aculy mean to put that in as soon as i did the thought hit me and i tryed to push escape muti times with no aviel *upset* please forgive me ) :U so if anyone with her cn put this up and is willing to and dosen't have a better option please do so it would be most appreciated :w
User avatar
waffleferret
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2092
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:41 pm
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Which of the Great Clans shall we approach?

Postby Thalar on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:57 pm

I've put up an option suggesting we try to make contact with the Kal'yantra, in the hopes that they will be more approachable in this setting than they have been before. I believe we can easily contact the Illhar'dro (which was the other option I could've entered, based on this thread) outside of the meeting.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
User avatar
Thalar
Melon Berserker
 
Posts: 4718
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:41 pm
Location: Tei'kaliath healing station
Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Which of the Great Clans shall we approach?

Postby waffleferret on Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:14 pm

Thalar wrote:I've put up an option suggesting we try to make contact with the Kal'yantra, in the hopes that they will be more approachable in this setting than they have been before. I believe we can easily contact the Illhar'dro (which was the other option I could've entered, based on this thread) outside of the meeting.

i may be wrong but i thought that we could piick multi ill'hars/ess can we only ck one to speack with?
User avatar
waffleferret
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 2092
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:41 pm
Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Re: Which of the Great Clans shall we approach?

Postby Thalar on Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:17 pm

waffleferret wrote:
Thalar wrote:I've put up an option suggesting we try to make contact with the Kal'yantra, in the hopes that they will be more approachable in this setting than they have been before. I believe we can easily contact the Illhar'dro (which was the other option I could've entered, based on this thread) outside of the meeting.

i may be wrong but i thought that we could piick multi ill'hars/ess can we only ck one to speack with?

No, you vote for the option you prefer (currently there's an option for contacting the Sullisin'rune, and one for the Kal'yantra), and if both get enough support both will happen.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
User avatar
Thalar
Melon Berserker
 
Posts: 4718
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:41 pm
Location: Tei'kaliath healing station
Clan: Jaal'darya

Re: Which of the Great Clans shall we approach?

Postby Thaluka2 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:31 pm

Someone should put up a Nal Sarkoth option too, I think we'll have time to meet with 3 people.
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar
 
Posts: 1760
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:05 am
Location: Sneaking
Clan: Tei'kaliath

PreviousNext

Return to Conference Hall

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron