Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: Tei'Kaliath traditions & culture (we need some pimping!!)

Postby blackshade10 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:46 pm

Whizzard wrote:Say, i have wondered for quite some time: who are the Black Sun drow?

http://www.drowtales.com/mainarchive.ph ... =1&check=1

These guys.
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Hetros on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:35 pm

They're REALLY nasty as is suggested. They took down our city.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby blackshade10 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Hetros wrote:They're REALLY nasty as is suggested. They took down our city.

In theory. I don't think any hard evidence has been found on that yet.
Drowtales RP Review Assistant
Unofficial DTRPG Newbie Helper
--
Elk Cros'sin Val'Sullisin'rune - "Awww, how cute. You think you can take me."
Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune - "Zzzzz... Wait what?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Hetros on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:44 pm

blackshade10 wrote:
Hetros wrote:They're REALLY nasty as is suggested. They took down our city.

In theory. I don't think any hard evidence has been found on that yet.

One sec. I'm almost positive it was confirmed, and... well, let me check the emblems on the guys from Bandai's memories. That might shed some light on this.

edit: Nope. But I still think it's a safe bet. Nomadic raider clan, huge numbers, all armed. I think it's a safe bet that there aren't THAT many clans running around like that. Or atleast with the capabilities to take down a city with a significant population and ability to sustain itself even with immortality.

edit2: I mean... we're talking the Drowtales equivalent of the Golden Horde here. There are minimum requirements on the size of such a force, the number of such forces that can live in the resource depleted underworld and make a living from such a destructive system, as well as the number that would actually TOLERATE each other. Far more likely is that there's only one, maybe 2, such forces in the underworld. Maybe smaller ones capable of harassing villages, outposts, and the like, but not full blown cities. If there is such a force around, it would likely assimilate smaller ones. Much like how Quantain united the mercinaries in the areas surrounding chel to form one massive army.
Last edited by Hetros on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby waffleferret on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:52 pm

I was thinking about maby starting a thread to about maby a contest or collection of "mini culture storys" you know , ones like 1-5 paragraghs long that we might be able to use for a culture thing maby even at the festival nothing big that would have to change the plot of course but little fables that are fun to read like the blue ox guy or the one about the fox that messed with the rocks blankets folklores and such if thier are any good ones maby we could suggest leting them be told at the festival :w ones about anceint creatures and amseing battles antient weapons and ironic leasons , old myths and wonderest legends stuff like that every real culture has them :w
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Hetros on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:55 pm

Maybe... >.> though apparently kern doesn't want the old city too fleshed out incase he wants to expand upon it himself... so it'd probably be for the best if we ran the stuff by him or madea, or one of the other devs :3 But other than that, I freaking LOVE the idea ^^
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby waffleferret on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Hetros wrote:Maybe... >.> though apparently kern doesn't want the old city too fleshed out incase he wants to expand upon it himself... so it'd probably be for the best if we ran the stuff by him or madea, or one of the other devs :3

thats why i said "fables" they will have nothing to do with the real story just like you cant get any information about what Canada is like by reading paul bunyan these would be "myths and folklores" that wont tell a lick about the old city completely made up and very unlikly just for entertainment
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:06 am

waffleferret wrote:
Hetros wrote:Maybe... >.> though apparently kern doesn't want the old city too fleshed out incase he wants to expand upon it himself... so it'd probably be for the best if we ran the stuff by him or madea, or one of the other devs :3

thats why i said "fables" they will have nothing to do with the real story just like you cant get any information about what Canada is like by reading paul bunyan these would be "myths and folklores" that wont tell a lick about the old city completely made up and very unlikly just for entertainment

PAUL BUNYAN WASN'T REAL!? Q_Q

But seriously, good point ^-^ I like this suggestion, lets take it and run with it =3 I'm gonna start writing up a fable myself.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby waffleferret on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:15 am

PAUL BUNYAN WASN'T REAL!? Q_Q

But seriously, good point ^-^ I like this suggestion, lets take it and run with it =3 I'm gonna start writing up a fable myself.

}:3 ....or is he!!! the head miner guy looks like him XD

and thanks for participating Hetros i'll mention this in the event descution thread to see if its popular *smallsmile*
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:21 am

I'll send a PM to bel and see if she'll help organize a story telling event ^^
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby waffleferret on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:32 am

Hetros wrote:I'll send a PM to bel and see if she'll help organize a story telling event ^^

*doh* well duh @__@ ya that might be a good first step XD
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:43 am

Anyway. Facts we can almost certainly establish.

1) Our retained a greater deal of Moons Age tech than the other nations driven underground. Possibly even more than the Sharen if we don't count the mega-epic books and tools built into the throne room. This is given from the Foci thread. We might not have the capabilities to make these right now, but given time we might have some people who remember enough of the design process to make more again (much much later), and so we have this little bit established.

2) If we take this as fact, we can assume it was a slightly LESS desperate plight on our parts than the rest of the world(at the end of the moons age I mean), or that we went underground MUCH earlier. Or possibly both. Maybe some of the first uses of demon summoning were upon our city (as well as any others that would've been on the borders between light elf and dark elf territories), though that might be stretching it a little.

3) The city state our old city was born from (you know the one the Dark Elves would've left behind on the surface), if we can take Bandai's memories as cannon, probably had a coast and a port. I'm not saying this is 100% true, but since we have little else to go on, then it's quite possible if such a song was wide spread enough in our city to survive 1000 years of being underground without access to the ocean.

4) Further, it can be assumed that the city state our old city was spawned from was RIGHT on the borders with Light elf territory. The reasoning for this is that it would be about as far as possible as it is to get from where Sharess must have lead her people into the underworld while having it still be likely that there is a dark elf city with a population to MAKE a new underground city after having it's population devastated by war. Thus, we can explain away the low rates of contact with the rest of the drow empire, and why we had such an arduous journey into chel (which can be assumed to have lasted somewhere between 3 weeks and 2-3 months)

4) We are all, by and large, 3rd-4th generation Drow. Since almost all of us knew dark elves, or know somebody who did. Not to mention retaining natural hair color, and not having dark dark skin.

Are all of these assumptions valid? Any holes in my logic so far?

If not, I think we can build up from this when we make our folk lore :3

Basically, I'm basing most of these assumptions on the nation/city state our guys must have originally come from. Since that's about how far back we'd have to go for folk-loresy stuff/myths to have formed from.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby waffleferret on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:19 am

so in other words we can tell storys about the old world that have been past down or have storys a bout monsters and things up there long forgotten by the majority
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:10 am

waffleferret wrote:so in other words we can tell storys about the old world that have been past down or have storys a bout monsters and things up there long forgotten by the majority

Exactly. This will avoid treading on Kern's toes in terms of his creativity for the old city.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Finish on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:22 am

You know what really makes me curious? Our skin colour.

We're looking different than the Chel Drow as well as the Drow from other towns (Nal'Sarkoth, Ill'hardo, Char...). And so far we are the only one with that colour.

So what do you think is the reason for that? Had our dark elf anchestors already a lighter/darker colour than there brethern? Are we a genetic mutation because something around our underground home
affected our aura? Is just a part of our anchestors dark elves (conspiracy theory) - just like the Drowussu are acutally have light elf anchestors?

Also should we give us a own name like Drowussu or Drowolath? I would suggest Drowwearefarbetterthanyou. :D
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

PreviousNext

Return to Conference Hall