Where the clan gathers to discuss the issues raised in the Leader and Event archives.
The Conference Room is for serious discussion only.
Everyone is encouraged to participate, but this forum has special rules! Make sure to read it before posting!

Re: Tei'Kaliath traditions & culture (we need some pimping!!)

Postby kirio on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:04 pm

Finish,
Last I heard, the reason is that all of us are more closely related to the dark elves than the average Chellian. There was no war between the dark elves and the drow in the old city (like there was in Chel) so there were still a lot of dark elves about. If you look at the current LA page, Reza still draws us and the Chellians the same color and even the shade for the drowussu among the slavers was only very slightly lighter and later was the same color as the rest of us, Rykilth. You can only see the difference clearly in Moonless Age.

I don't know how much we could play up on that since it's not shown in the P2P comics. Besides, considering how much dark elves are disliked in Chel (so much so that Ash'waren disguises herself), working that angle might cause us problems.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Finish on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:02 pm

There was a war between dark elves and drow? I just thought the younger generation pushed the older generation aside.

Also I'm well aware of the fact that we all Drow looks like the same in P2P no matter if they are Tei'Kaliath, Drowolath from Chel or Drowussu even if this isn't true in the main comic (the canon). :) However, I don't mind it as long as the Light elves don't look like we, too. :D

My the fact that our skin colour is different because we are closer related to our dark elf anchestors is at least questionable for me. Diva's daugthers - for example - are first Gen. Drowolath. Still they look no different than any other Drow (except for there hair which seems to have some natural color instead of withe). Since we don't know Diva's mate(s) we can assume that they were Drowolath of the first or a younger generation and that's they reason why they don't have a different skin color. But this would mean that the parents of all our characters would be dark elves only - which isn't very likely.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think there's a dark secret like the Kyorl have. I'm just curious. :)
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Hetros on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:45 pm

It might just be by way of the fact that our city wasn't quite as deep as Chel is? Or was further north so different magics? Maybe, quite simply, it was an entirely different gene pool? Think of it that way, the reason for difference in skin coloration is probably no different than that between people from different regions on earth. Genetics. Not all drow are going to look the same, in build or skin tone.
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Hetros on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:45 pm

<double post ignore this one>
Earth,fire,wind,and water all come together in perfect balance inside of a Smith's forge, this perfect harmony of elements can rarely be found anywhere else in existence.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Thalar on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:57 am

I think the main reason is that there was a continuous influx of dark elf blood. Also, we may have had access to better food somehow, avoiding the malnutrition that is rampant in Chel. Not even our slaveborn are as dark as the Chellians, and I can't imagine there being too dark elves among them. There is no singular reason, I believe it is a compound one where dark elf blood plays a significant role.
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby waffleferret on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:15 am

the comic said the purple mouth thing is because of the food that makes sence to me
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby waffleferret on Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:41 pm

OK guys i have a new ideal to add to the culture:
[center]NEW - IDEAL FOR CULTURE -Designs and patterns
Ok so this is my new fraction project ideal I have noticed exspecialy with the Crafters , meny of the Ranked often need ideals for designing that they could use over and over agin like the Blacksmiths , crafters and techs are the most needy of this .So my ideal was how about we make a small collection of popular designs for them to pick from ? I mean how meny of us artist out thier have pages of doodles and random abstracts that they cant really use but keep because they like them ? how meny of us don't mind going to photobucket and spending 5 minetes inorder to help the clan ? how meny of us already have cool ideals of diffrentt forms of the clan Symbol ? So by us puting them together in a group that I will put linkys in a list under catagorys we can start trying to make a simi design pattern !

the goal
get at lest 30 designs total and at lest 6 people participateing and involved

please help out I shall give u an imaginary cookie :w
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby Wan'drille on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:38 pm

I think it have been said and repeat that it was because our old city didn't knew a big war of generation like Chel. So we have lived and mixed with our dark elf ancestor and this explain why our skin is lighter. (I'm not sure it is canon, but it seems to be the most accepted idea)
Lae'xylian - Leader of the 3rd squad
Wan'drille
Summoner

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Finish on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:25 pm

Wan'drille wrote:I think it have been said and repeat that it was because our old city didn't knew a big war of generation like Chel. So we have lived and mixed with our dark elf ancestor and this explain why our skin is lighter. (I'm not sure it is canon, but it seems to be the most accepted idea)

Hm but there are no new Dark elves. All Dark elves in the underworld only give birth to Drows. That means the first, second, thirdand so on generations could only mate with the same anchestors. I'm not sue if that's very good for the gene pol. Someone has a sixth finger? :D
Finish
Merc on vacation

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Ein'keos on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:53 pm

Well, we can assume there were a decent number of dark elves so you wouldn't necessarily be forced to mate with someone closely related, but even if you were it's been established the drow are kind of okay with incest. Remember when Luliane suggested Mel have a child with Kel'noz? The explanation seems to be that mana makes it so birth defects are minimized.
Ein'keos Al'dun Teikaliath - Builder
Ein'keos
Vel'akar

Postby waffleferret on Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:52 am

Ein'keos wrote:Well, we can assume there were a decent number of dark elves so you wouldn't necessarily be forced to mate with someone closely related, but even if you were it's been established the drow are kind of okay with incest. Remember when Luliane suggested Mel have a child with Kel'noz? The explanation seems to be that mana makes it so birth defects are minimized.

i don't remember that D:...drow..inbreed.....ewww
waffleferret
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:59 pm

waffleferret wrote:
Ein'keos wrote:Well, we can assume there were a decent number of dark elves so you wouldn't necessarily be forced to mate with someone closely related, but even if you were it's been established the drow are kind of okay with incest. Remember when Luliane suggested Mel have a child with Kel'noz? The explanation seems to be that mana makes it so birth defects are minimized.

It's mentioned right in the Prologue (chapter 0).
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Ein'keos on Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:27 pm

waffleferret wrote:

Yeah I know right?

http://www.drowtales.com/worldsettingar ... ters&id=15
Ein'keos Al'dun Teikaliath - Builder
Ein'keos
Vel'akar

Postby Hetros on Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:05 pm

Finish wrote:
Wan'drille wrote:I think it have been said and repeat that it was because our old city didn't knew a big war of generation like Chel. So we have lived and mixed with our dark elf ancestor and this explain why our skin is lighter. (I'm not sure it is canon, but it seems to be the most accepted idea)

Hm but there are no new Dark elves. All Dark elves in the underworld only give birth to Drows. That means the first, second, thirdand so on generations could only mate with the same anchestors. I'm not sue if that's very good for the gene pol. Someone has a sixth finger? :D

I think that we had a large enough population to avoid this, mostly because our drow didn't riot and slaughter most of the Dark Elves.
~Hetros' Mentor
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby waffleferret on Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:17 pm

oh :V i never read the "inbetween stuff" thier where to meny non facts and contest i did want to read yet XD
waffleferret
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Conference Hall