Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

First Contact -Experimental Earth Age RP

First Contact -Experimental Earth Age RP

Postby SoulCode » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:35 pm

[So Hello~ This would be a double first for me. First post in Game Tavern and first try at an Earth-Age type setting. I've always been fascinated by the idea of modern in medieval fantasy. More than that I find myself think how interesting it would be if modern tech vs medieval magic. I would like to think they are on equal terms.

I suppose setting and rules should be told, though they are few:

For this RP, Drow's magic will be comparable with Human technology.
Players won't die.
Players can be Human or Drow, preferably soldiers or such.
Players wont fight another, they can fight npcs at will.
Player's powers will be 'normal' for their race/faction.
Players can have a human and drow character if they like.

Setting:

Generic world Year 2000 about.
Drow will have current Drowtales tech whilst Humans 2000~ or so tech.
For the sake of having factions to play with, Drow will have the clans of Chel whilst Humans will have the country equivalents of America and Europe.

Let the show begin~~~>

In northern lands of tundra and mountains, the snow falls upon the cracked land. A massive sinkhole in the ground appeared from what the humans believe brittle ground. This hole, opening loudly in the middle of a blizzard, is later noticed by a Human town housing a small army base. The soldiers, better equipped for the snow and closer than any other government service, decide to check it out as a training mission for a single squad.

The cause of the hole was actually fae mining in the area. After the initial shock of the collapse, the miners believe the resulting hole to go up to the fabled surface. A route to the surface had not been discovered for many a years and many attempts to dig up have failed. The nearest outpost the excited miner can reach is owned by the Sargress. The Sargress send a single squad as well to verify the miner's claim. They let the miner leave as they have no reason to keep him and he goes and spreads his story and soon word would reach the other clans.

Little did the Human and Sargess Squads know they would soon meet and whether it was a bloody or not a 'First Contact' would happen.

Drow Reka Sargress
http://img06.deviantart.net/9cf6/i/2014/287/3/3/ch47_reka_by_drowtales-d82s3mn.png

Reka found herself visiting a friend at the far-out outpost when the miner came. The others laughed it off as a miner-tale. Reka herself didn't know how much stock to put in the man's claim, but neither did she dismiss it. A Fallen Legion such as herself was a scout but for enemies, not wild stories. Yet when the call for volunteers to check, she decided to go for it and awaited the rest at the outpost's gate.

Human Chrono Regal
[old non-modern pic]http://img07.deviantart.net/eab0/i/2016/162/5/e/chrono_sword_001_by_sorenshadow-da5uf3y.jpg

Chrono awoke from his bunk a tad later than acceptable for base rules and missed breakfast. Giving his devious 'friends' a hard-time for not waking him up; they had a laugh and did their daily duties. Chrono, a mere Sargent, was called later by the captain, Captain David Jonson. Chrono, in part of being late and breaking base rules was to gather his squad and go 'investigate' the sinkhole in full heavy gear. In actuality it was a punishment to be out in the cold snow hiking a few miles weighed down by gear. Orders were Orders and Chrono grinned at the chance of having the 'friends' that got him into this to share his pain.

He met his squad at the locker room.
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Re: First Contact -Experimental Earth Age RP

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Labran'che Vloz'ress
Che was starting to lose it, he stole a set of Sarghress armor to get away from some Kyrols and ended up being dragged along on a patrol. No chances to get away, to take off the armor and flee, he eventually found himself getting 'assigned' to some remote outpost. He was starting to think that it wasn't so bad, almost zero chance of being tainted, actually getting paid and somewhat regularly at that. What the fuck is wrong with me? I need to get out of here, it's not so bad. We're SURROUNDED by wolves! Both figuratively and literally. Some of them aren't so bad. He would 'volunteer' for the scouting mission. "You can always use a sealer, just in case. There might still be demons up there, you know?" He quitely packed his things into his pack, hidden under his Raider gear. He looked up at Reka as he walked to the gate to report. Oh shit, she's not assigned here. Think she'll recognize us? Well, she's always been quite, let's hope she doesn't. And if she does, hope to Turtles she doesn't say anything. The Ssu stood in his 'borrowed' light armor next to her, his face covered by his helmet and visor. He had a one handed ax on his hip and his chains wrapped around his arms. "Hey, new girl...think this is just gonna be a quite one?"

Kenji Hernandez (Reusing my SEAL from Gunbird's RP)
Ken was doing sit ups after morning chow when he got the word. "Damnit...I knew I should have woke him up." He finished his set before getting up to go shower and prep for the mission. He was strapping on his heavy gear when he saw Chorno, "Hey man. I'm sorry about that shit. The others told me not to and well...fuck I shouldn't have listened to em." He'd hand his squadmate a large chocolate protein bar. "Pretzels and Caramel. I also got rice crisps and nougat. Not a warm meal but it'll keep ya going without your stomach making whalesong."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:34 am

Drow: Shynt

When Shynt herd word the some one found a way to the surfiest, he grabbed his old raider gear and went to the outpost.

On the way he saw a familiar blue haired woman “Im surprised that you volunteer to this
,Reka.”
Even though they were in 2 different legions, he manage make a friendship with the other sniper. He remember that she was quiet person so he asked her a simple question. “How have you been?”

He then notice a drowussu with that was wearing ill-fated set of armor. He look familiar. After a moment of thinking about it, Shynt just shrugged and continued walking with Reka.

…………………………………….

Human:Brian O'Casey
(Will also use my PCs from Rumble. But as a Private Fist Class, not a officer and will not have a nickname )

Brian was already in the the locker room thoroughly checking his rucksack, SAW mag pouches and other equipment he will be carrying during the exercise.

He greeted Kenji when walk in and also apologize to Chorno. “I could have woke you up too, but one of the clowns stole my boots and I have to go running after him.” *Sigh* “But ,we were over do for a trip into the wilds anyway”

After Ken talk about the he food was carrying, he herd group of solders, some of them form Chrono’s squad, make a dumb joke about the Sargent. “I don’t think that would be enough food incase we get lost in a snow storm. Might be good to bring some heater, tents and some sleeping bags with use.” Devious smile appeared on his face. “Since Im carrying a 22 pound light machine gun, I think we have more appropriate candidates to carry those supplies.” He pointing his finger finger at the soldiers who were laughing just a moment ago.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby SoulCode » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Reka / Drow

Reka was pondering the possible implications of the outcomes of this mission when she was approached by what looked like a standard sarghress private. He looked a bit too much like a standard solider though. It was then she would look at his weapon choice and eyes. Reka was an awkward gal to say the least but when it came to her comrades, both present and past, she was quite good at identifying them. Perhaps this was due to her sniper training or infiltration training from Fallen. Mostly likely it was simply because she cared about her friends. In any event, realization would flash across her face as she knew who he was. Che had nothing to fear however as he was right in thinking she was a quiet-kind of gal and she did not care why he was dressed as he was.

Che's comment "Hey, new girl...think this is just gonna be a quite one?" made Reka think he was nervous about the mission. She lightly knocked the back of her hand on his breastplate and gave a reassuring, if confusing, smile.

It was then that Shynt showed up. Being from another legion made it hard to keep in touch but that was exactly way Reka had made the trip out here; that and she had nothing better to do.
"Good." She respond to his question.

Awkward pause,

"You?" she asked.

A few minutes later the squad of drow moved out. There was no ranking soldier with them, technically making Reka, being a Fallen Legion, the highest ranked. She didn't really lead however and the 'orders' of 'check it out' where simple enough that everyone present could follow them.

As they moved to the mines entrance the miners where in the middle of doing what Reka was before; talking about the possible implications of the outcomes of this discovery. So engrossed in their talking they didn't take note of the squad. Excited miners aside, there was an oddly chilling draft coming from the mine's entrance.

----------------------------------

Chrono / Human

Brain and Kenji proved to be true buds. Chrono accepted Kenji's snack with a hearty handshake, crushing the snack. "Thanks man. Think my stomach will still sing a bit but maybe now the storm can cover it up...oy! Brain!" Chrono greeted Brain back,
"Stole yer boots? Really? That's some kiddy-level crap there." he criticized it but he was snickering all the while~ "Weight huh? Now I don't actually think we need all our gear n rations but~" and he rose his voice to the entire squad to hear, "Captain wants FULL gear on. All of it. If any bags are not 90 pounds or heavier I'll personally piggy back on ya to make up the difference!" He then added for crueltys sake, "We'll likely march until you throw whatever you ate this morning so better if you skip breakfast-oh wait none of you jerkwads did. I seem to be the only one."
A solider spoke up trying to hide in the background but her voice gave her away, "Gee Sarg you sound a bit bitter there."
"Dam straight Sheena! I missed tacos!" Chrono barked back and there was a pause before Chrono, Sheena and few other laughed.

Kidding aside, the 'walk' through the heavy snow and forest would make a lesser solider indeed hurl. "You ladies, and Sheena, cold yet?" Chrono shouted over his shoulder as they approached the mountains. Varying responses of "Freezing my balls off!", "No sir!", and "Why am I not a lady?" could be heard. "Because Sheena,
Chrono explained, "I saw you stand up to the captain, you've got more balls than the rest of us." To which Sheena grinned.

"Brian, Kenji!" Chrono called out, "Sink hole should be right over this ridge. Go take a look. The rest of the squad will take shelter over by that rock outcropping. Get a look then get back asap. This blizzard is forecast to get worse so where hunkering down."
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:55 pm

Che had a look of pure panic on his face when Reka came up to him and 'hit' his armor. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK! What did that mean?! When she didn't say anything and turned to Shytn he stayed looking forward as the panic on his face died down. He let out a sigh as they started their march to the mine.

Che stood near the back of the squad as they got to the mine. He moved towards the front as he felt a chill run down his spine, and his face. "Brr...Hold up a sec." he closed his eyes and placed a hand on Reka's shoulder to use her as a guide as they walked. "No Demons. Couple of miners off to the side, one of em's got a really weak seed. Nobody's in front of us." He'd open his eyes and take his hand off Reka's shoulder, "Should be good."

Kenji flexed his hand after Chrono let it go from his 'handshake'. looked over at Brian, "We're not gonna get lost in a snow storm, cause we're not gonna be running around like some baka pendejos. We're gonna bunker down at the first sign of shit going bad, I'll take the tent. We've all got MREs for three days, I'm packing for five, not including my personal stash." he pulled out another protein bar to show it off before tucking it back into his gear. "And those were NOT tacos. That was Army Flatbread and leftover Hamburger." He double checked his pack before attaching the tent bundle to it. "Next care package from home I get and I'll show you some real tacos." He double checked his gear before putting his pack on, "Hell, Abuela Hernandez's taco spice mix will even turn Army 'Tacos' into some good shit."

"Fuck man, I was cold ever since I got off the Transport and first got here." He went up to Chorno as he called out, he unclipped the tent from the pack and handed it to the others who were staying behind. "You guys pitch the tent since you didn't want to wake him up." he'd put his pack back on try to peer over the ridge. "I'm just staying it now. If I see some guy on a snowmobile shooting at a dog, I'm gonna shoot that dog and set it on fire. I got this weird feeling man."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:14 am

Drow: Shynt

Shynt was a little worried that Reka would not recognize him, but her reply put a smiled on his face.

When he herd her question he shrugged. “It could be worst. Being a guard was not as bad as I though to would be. But I miss going top side and talking to inhabitants from there. I wonder what they are like now such a long time?”

When the ssu maintain said that the cost was clear, he could shake the thought of something bad other then tainting. “I don’t want make you panic, but anyone that is up there has never seen a our kind in.. generations. Lets be careful and not try to scare the locals.”
…………………………………….

Human:Brian O'Casey

Brian tried to keep hime self for giggling as Sargent barked his orders time the rest of the squad. He did rase a eyebrow after herring Chrono missing tacos. Wait, who the hell has tacos in the morning? He shrugged it off, and finished packing up before heading towards your armory.

Even though was not carrying any of the camping gear, Brian still have to huff it through the snow with his M249. Not only was it heavy and cumbersome but he was also been having malfunctions recently. The armor seemed to fix the problem, but to keep the cold was freezing the lubricant , he have to cycle the bolt after few minutes or so. He kept the belt out of the chamber so he won’t have the fat pice of junk go off while clearing. To him there was no need to have the gun reddy for action because they were in the U.S. But after Chorno gave out his orders and Kenji mention 'The Thing', he loaded the SAW with a hundred round belt of 5.56×45mm NATO rounds, and moved up to the sink hole.

“I love that movie, Ken, but this is a shitty time to talk about aliens.”
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Return to Game Tavern