Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Spector Missions. -Fall of the Citadel-

Spector Missions. -Fall of the Citadel-

Postby django » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:37 pm

(Note: this is an rp based on a table top game I'm currently running. Its an Alternate world of Star Wars mixed with elements I like about Mass effect. A long story short. The Empire are the good guys, and the Rebels are some of the main antagonists. And we start are story during a surprise attack at the Citadel, (The Capital of the Empire) in the middle of the war.)

A lone capital ship war ship, and its small fleet looms over the mostly undefended Citadel. The deep-space station, that was home to 12 million citizens, was thought to have been far enough behind enemy lines, that only a small token force would be needed to protect its citizens.

Almost all of them were untested volunteers.

Gaul flew the Tie fighter labeled -GU-70- between a two large corporate buildings. Trying to loose his pursuers as he put his efforts into finding the troop transports landing equipment and men into the city. But he had no such luck, they were too angry over his kill as he blasted their lead X wing fighter into bits just moments ago.

As he left the alley ways, his Tie fighter took a hit that blasted the ties wing off and sent him spiraling into the cities lake water. The Turian pilot knew he was in trouble. "This Gu-70. I'm hit and down. I couldn't stop the landing party... Can anyone hear me?" He switched between military connections and privet Spector lines. It seems only the latter was still up.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Re: Spector Missions. -Fall of the Citadel-

Postby IkaikaKekai » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:58 pm

A large and burly Ithorian named Ikaika Kekai kneeled down in some bushes with a crate of disposable rocket launchers. His race was normally peaceful, he and his brother were the exception to this rule. He'd unpack the last rocket and lock onto a slow moving Y-wing that was trying to soften up ground defenses, seeing the trail of smoke lead from his position to the slow bomber, then an explosion and the Y-wing would drift off till it crashed into the ground. Lets see, Y-wings have crews of two...that's four more trees I'm gonna have to plant. The beefy Ithorian would get out of hiding bush and unsling the T21 rifle off his back, covered from his head to just above his toes with heavy armor with a basic camouflage pattern painted on it. As he walked out of the bush more of his weapons would be visible, a plasma thrower on one hip, and a large DE10 pistol customized for his hands on the other. He'd say aloud as a squad of storm troopers ran by, his translator catching up after a second of the low rumbleings that was his language, "And now we wait for them to come, and we rack up more trees to plant." He'd see a Tie fighter careen out of the sky and land in a nearby lake, when he could hear Gaul's voice on his channel, keying in with his rumble and delayed translation, "You'd think Spectors would warrant an Interceptor, or one of those TIE Advances, on my way Gu-70, hope you don't need a medic." He tucked the large rifle into his arms and started a brisk jog to the lake.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:48 pm

Idra'nel looked up and saw a fighter zooming overhead, she shot a rocket at the target [14] and just barely clipped the bastard, it fell and fell and fell until it finally crashed with a satisfying explosion against one of the walls of the citadel. The Asari would find the signal from gaul I hear you, try not to die and i'll be there to pick you up. she responded. Nel quickly moved towards the signal, she found the fighter in the water and could only sigh at the sight You got yourself in a big mess, so exposed out there.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Gunbird » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:31 am

Ian "Whisky" Boarman* was about to go to one of the bars near the hotel he was in, when he heard the sound of blasters and explosions going off. "Fucken hell! I was finally going to have a drink after 2 weeks , then this happens! " The grizzly looking mercenarie yelled. He just got back from a "babysitting job", protecting a snooty CEO from some corrupt corporation he really didn't give 2 shits about if it wasn't for the money to pay his bills and bar tabs.

Ian turn on his radio transmitter to hear what's going on, but it seems that both public and military communications were being jammed." Well that's surprising" he said sarcastically before switching to the specters channels. He wasn't a scepter himself, but he worked and "played" with some one who was. They were not lovers anymore but were still friends. She gave him her communication channels as a parting gift not just to keep in touch but also to give him job and information he couldn't get otherwise.

He heard GU-70's transmission and saw the Tie fighter careening towards the lake, which was only 200 m away from the hotel he was in. "I guess I have nothing else to do. Might as well save his ass and get free drinks from it. I really need one after this battle settles down." He went back inside the bedroom and set up his gear containing a heavily modified E11 blaster rifle, M-6 Carnifex heavy pistol, a small container of"spice" and battle worn Terminus Assault Armor, completely painted black of course.

(* Whisky is based on the musician Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmisterfrom Motorhead, who passed away about a week ago.)
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby django » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:11 am

Bits and pieces of a Y wing, fell onto Gaul as he climbed his way out of the floating Tie fighter. He didn't recognize what sounded like an Ithorian. "I'm fine, but I'm a sitting duck out here."

He flinched at everything that sounded like a aircraft passing by. "Idre'nel. Unless you got a boat, I'm going to have to swim." And he was never an acclaimed swimmer. Nor did he practice much with his pilot suit on, so much dead weight... "Maybe you can high jack a taxi or something."

(Everyone has the spector channel XD)

Calls came from the command center. Orders were to fall back, as the Rebels now have landed with heavy equipment. C sec isn't prepared for this, as they lost most... if not all of their air crafts. Orders were to evacuate the council.

"Idre'nel, you get that?" Garrus said as he just jumped in the water. "We have to save the specter files. Cant let them get into rebel hands." Or burn them for that matter!
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:40 am

The heavily arm and armored Ithorian got to the lake, looking Idre'nel over and letting out something that sounded like a whistle. Keying his comms, "Gu-70, you got a pretty blue thing on your side?" After confirmation he'd lower his rifle, "Sorry for the show of force beautiful. Name's-" when he was interrupted by the comms. He'd swap channels and key his own, "Atesix, prep Crimson Tree for launch and let that passenger know we're leaving soon." He'd pause, "oh...well let him in then and tell him to stay in his cabin." He'd switch channels, "If you Spooks need transport off this hulk I've got births available."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:47 pm

Nel sighed, this lake was going to be a problem. She was posted drink a way to get her target out og that mess quickly but then one of the others she heard on her comms came in Hey handsome, going my way? she said with a wink This guy got himself into a big mess and I need to bail him out quick, got a hand free?
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby Gunbird » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:05 am

Whisky was about to get on his de-militarize speeder bike, when he Gaul plunging into the water. "There is no need to take a swim mate. I'll get to you in less than 30 seconds. Names Ian by the way."

(Yes, how convenient. LOL)

As he arrived to swimming Turian, Ian heard the evacuation call on the coms."Sounds like this battle is taking a turn for the worse. Do you think that Ithorian got room for 4 people and a iron horse?"He then offered the pilot a hand. "Names Ian, but you can call me Whisky"
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby django » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:29 am

He defiantly needed swim more often after this. Good for the cardio, but fuck me if I wanted to go in the water when I could fly. When the Speeder hovered over him. Gaul graciously took the hand. "Thanks, Its Gaul. Take me over there by that woman and that Ithorian."

When the drenched fighter pilot regrouped with Idranel and the Ithorian. He couldn't remember his name, but he looked like the last person he wanted to meet in an alley. "Idra, we need to get to the specters office before someone makes a move there." He didn't want to say it in front of strangers. But he was going to make it his job saving the specter data file.

Its loss would be immense. Its capture could endanger the entire Empire operations.

"I need a ship willing to slip through all this. Do was have one handy?"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:23 pm

"Yeah, we have one handy. She's got more than enough room for you three and your bike. We'll talk compensation later." The Ithorian would hoist up his heavy blaster and unleash some bolts at a landing craft passing overhead, "We should probably get a move on. Much as I'd love to stalk around on a Rebel base and rack up kills after they've taken over, they're a bit sore at me after Dantooine." The Ithorian would run to a small, fourperson speeder sitting nearby, tossing his rifle into the back seat as he jumped in the front. He'd smash a panel under the steering collum and rip out some wires, touching them together to hotwire the vehicle. The speeder would roar to life and start to lift off the ground, "Who's riding with me? I'm headed for the port."

The Ithorian had introduced himself as Ikaika Kekai, a background check would show a list of minor crimes and infractions. Most of them would be labeled 'Time Served' or 'Fine Paid.' He ran over a pair of rebels that were blocking the cargo entry to the space port, bringing the Speeder into a ship bay. The YT1300 was painted crimson with some black highlights, she had cargo pods sitting on top and it's entry ramp down, a burnt corpse just in front of it and some scorch marks. "Atesix, tell me that's not a customer." He'd pause, "Ah, Rebel. Alright I got customers coming on, try not to fry em." He'd shut down the speeder and hop out, grabbing his rifle from the back and he'd strut up the ramp and head for the cockpit. Removing his helmet and plop down in the pilot's seat, next to an R5 droid that was plugged into the ship. "All systems go, either grab a seat in one of turrets or next to me. Now someone wanna tell me exactly where I'm heading?"
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:15 am

Idra'nel was breathing a sigh of relief when Gaul got on board safely and they were temporarily out of immediate danger. She was less at ease when Gaul told her where he needed to get next, thise archives couldn't be lost or so many other specs would be endangered. Right, we need to be there at top speed. she turned to Ikai We are off to spectre HQ and make it quick. We don't have much time. Gaul, give him directions would you? she spoke seriously to the very flirty lthorian. She gave ian a pat on the back Thanks for the hand "Whiskey", much appreciated. We can let you off if you're not interested at walking into a fight but if you want to ride with us we are going to be getting shot at.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby Gunbird » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:27 am

Whisky herd the Asari giving thanks and a offering for a ride of the station. He turned to look at her and smiled. "You'er welcome beautiful" Maybe he will have some fun after all this day. "I might as well take the offer. I not much of a fan of fighting, but some of those rebels will not be happy to see me. Former job and all. Im going to get shot at one way or another."
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby django » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:03 am

"Try not to catch their attention. Here the coordinates. " Gaul said to Ikaika and punched in some numbers. He had a million different things he needed to do and only had enough man power to do one.

The tiny hold out pistol at his hip, reminded him he was also under equipped for this. He should have snagged the carbine sinking in his tie, but what could you do. "Specter base this is Gaul. I'm coming in on a YT1300, serial numbers are the following.." Gaul then proceed to give other call signs that sounded like nonsense.

As the ship powered up and took off. Gaul watched as the carnage unfolded. It seemed so small compared to most of the other major conflicts. The Citadel was going to be captured by a force half the size of the defenders stationed here. What sad part of history unfolding here. This is going to be a scar on Gauls record for long time.

The Specter base wasn't anything impressive on the outside. Stuck between two larger bureaucrat offices, that had better days as they took the brunt of some shelling. "Glad to see those buildings finally pulling their weight." Gaul said as the ship landed on the tight landing pad space.

Another artillery shot rocked the specter base, as the Consul building shook.

Running down the ramp. Gaul was greeted by C sec officer. "We got word they're sending in a force our way. I don't know how much time we have but we can't hold it if they push." "Shit. Have you done what I asked?" "Yeah this way!"

Out side down the street. Rebel troop transports made their way down the highway.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:47 am

Ikaika would lift off and make a beeline for the Tower, he'd just look at Gaul, doing the equivalent of cocking an eyebrow. "You say that as you ride in a heavily armed and distinctively colored ship with a reputation." When Gaul called in Crimson Tree's registration the droid plugged in would start beeping and chirping at a low tone. "Well then activate the right transponder." He'd bring the ship in for a landing on the pad, not powering her down. "If ya need..hey! Damnit." He'd look to Idra'nel as he pressed a button and opened a compartment in the wall filled with weapons of all types. "Grab yourself and your partner a present before he gets himself killed. And I want them back when you're done. This is my own collection." At that he'd place the T21 in it's place in the wall, keying his radio, "I'm sticking with the Tree. Call me if you need fire support."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:27 am

Idra'nel gave whiskey a nod of approval, these ones looked capable enough to be useful and she was happy to have the company Flattery will get you everywhere handsome, buckle yourself in then.. The buildings to either side of spectre hq were bombed out and she couldn't help but smirk, the pencil pushers that made it must have been pissing themselves. She shot ikai a wink when he opened the weapon locker Oh my, what a gentleman, firearms on the first date? Just what I always wanted. I'll be taking this. she said with a laugh as she picked herself up a sniper rifle. She walked into the building and aimed her rifle down the road, through the sights she could see the enemy riding towards them Company's here already...how rude to show up so early.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Next

Return to Game Tavern