Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Destructible Times (Command & Conquer X-over)

Re: Destructible Times (Command & Conquer X-over)

Postby IkaikaKekai » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:54 pm

Carl would dash when the doors opened, glancing at the fireball with a smile, wishing he could enjoy it better, "I'm gonna want someone's helmet cam of that afterwards." He could barely hear the rocket coming towards them when he already started to duck down lower as he ran, when the rocket passed right by them and heard the explosion. "Anyone hit?" He would scan the hallway they entered with his rifle, having stopped from his dash from the Ox to the Tower. He'd start to study the map, "Well then it's convenient that there's a bonfire outside right now."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:57 am

Sin walked in through the open doors, not rushing so much, just keeping some vague formation. It wouldn't do to lose party cohesion this early in the campaign. The rocket didn't have her name on it anyway, just some strange name she'd never heard of, probably a NOD or SCRIN arms manufacturer.

"Why do they label their rockets with their own names? Do they want them to hit themselves? That bonfire was a rather pretty way to start this mission though wasn't it. I do wonder what's ahead of us. I hope it'll be that pretty as well"
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Postby Gunbird » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:08 am

Shynt and Joey contended continued to take out the more enemy personnel while the the rest of of the GDI troops move in to the Nod base.

Any tango that was dumb enough to act like Rambo got taking out by the Shynt. Others that thought they were in proper cover got a 800 grain gift form Joey. It was easy fight…maybey to easy. "Something not right. I thought intel said that these guys would better trained then this " " I know what you mean. It feel like we'er falling for a trap."

They then both heard one of there traps go off.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:16 am

"You mean slaughtering Nod wasn't the original plan?" Carl would keep advancing with his rifle up and at the ready. He would stop when he saw movement down the way, "Is the Recon team still inside?" his safety was off and his finger went from resting on the trigger guard to hovering just over the trigger.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:26 am

"Of course slaughtering the Nod wasn't the original plan." Sin was walking along behind Carl, not quite the last member of the party, bit distinctly not the first. These narrow twisty corridors made her wonder if the Nod/Scrin had Duergar or Xuile'solen on their side, they could be nasty in tight places like these. She much preferred being out in the open, it made things like dodging, and creeping up behind people so much easier.

"Oh, it might have been the original plan actually, but that plan went out the window as soon as Maya walked into the briefing room." Sin smiled at that memory "Now the plan is to survive winning this in good enough shape to take her out to dinner, and survive that also, as well as whatever may happen after that :)"
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Postby Gunbird » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:46 am

Joey activated his comps and committed to the 2 troopers guarding the doorways."James, Daniel, do we have company?" "I can tell sir. There dust all over the place." "Wait, do you hear that?" "Yah, it sound like OH SHIT!!"

The next thing the two snipers heard was more of a flamethrower followed by the streams of the troopers then some gun fire and explosions."Unit lost"

Both Joey and Shynt pulled out there pistols. Waiting for the Nod fanatics popped through the door. Instead one of the troopers came running in. Burn marks was on his armor. He took cover behind the wall and then tried to speak while breathing heavily. "James is dead.."huff huff "But I..I manage to blow up one of those flame-thrower fuckers! " huff huff " But there's more for them" "How many?" " 2 squads.. maybe more."

They heard the brotherhood going up the steps to their position.Shynt pulled another antipersonnel mine and placed it next to the doorway. " Then we got to get out of here and call in a air strike ."
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:15 am

Carl opened fire as soon as Nod yelled 'Kill'. He would keep his finger on the trigger as he side stepped for cover, releasing only when he went to go fully behind cover. He'd pop out to empty his magazine, ducking behind cover again as he unclipped one of the new grenade disks, throwing it from behind cover, only exposing his hand as the disk sailed and bounced off the hallway towards the Heretics, taking the opportunity to reload his magazine before the explosion. "I'm gonna need helmet or gun cam if anyone saw that." He'd pop back out and fire bursts down the hallway, ducking back after every 3rd burst.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby CutieSquiggoth » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:12 am

The corridor was poorly lit, somehow the NOD seemed to like this, but it worked to Sin's favour as it left plenty of shadows and inclines of darkness.

As the gunfight erupted around her, Sin sank into one of the nearby shadows, and rose up in a similarly poorly lit corridor not too far away, in fact just the right distance so she could flank the NOD from here.

After checking to ensure that nobody was behind her, she tossed a grenade into the NOD troopers and began shooting, popping into and out of shadows as they turned to see their new attackers. Sin loved the confusion and casualties she was causing :)
CutieSquiggoth
Summoner

Previous

Return to Game Tavern