Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Destructible Times (Command & Conquer X-over)

Destructible Times (Command & Conquer X-over)

Postby Obsidian Agent » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:13 pm

Alright, this was the RP based on the Command & Conquer crossover "What-If" thread. Basically, it's Earth Age, but with two differences.

1 - Instead of taking place on "our" Earth, this takes place in the Earth of the Command & Conquer: Tiberium Series universe.

2 - This isn't a "First Contact" scenario. The Drow first showed up on Earth in 2030 - just a few months before the events of "Tiberian Sun" - in this universe. The year the RP takes place in is 2058. The Drow have been on Earth for quite a while, now.

Now, as to which Command & Conquer games took place in this universe, here's the list in chronological, in-universe order (a ">" before a title means that it's an expansion pack of the one before it that didn't have a ">"):

Red Alert 1
>The Aftermath
>Counterstrike
Tiberian Dawn (The Original Command & Conquer)
>The Covert Operations
Renegade
Tiberian Sun
>Firestorm
Tiberium Wars
>Kane's Wrath

So yes, with Red Alert 1 being canon for this RP, that means that the World War II that took place here was the one caused by Albert Einstein's secret time-travel shenanigans, where he went back to 1924 and assassinated Hitler before he could come to power, but unwittingly paved the way for Stalin to take the Soviet Union to new heights, and be the aggressor in an even bloodier, alternate World War II. Thus, Hitler is only remembered in history as "that loon who launched the Beer Hall Putsch, got arrested, wrote "Mein Kampf", got released from jail, and then disappeared", while Stalin is remembered as the definitive monster of the 20th century (as opposed to being only one of them). The World War II in this timeline lasted from 1947 to 1953, and claimed over 100 million lives. It was also the Soviets who invented the nuke in this timeline. WWII ended with the Allies' victorious assault on Moscow.

(HOWEVER, with a Nod general decrying fascism as a bad thing in "Tiberium Wars", we know that Mussolini came to power, and stirred up shit in this timeline as well. Probably a series of "Mussolinic Wars" from 1935 to 1943, that saw the League of Nations dissolved and replaced with the United Nations.)

Also, with Red Alert 1 having taken place here, you might be wondering if parts of Red Alerts 2 and 3 also took place here. Only some parts did. Like in Red Alert 2, the victorious Allies installed Alexander Romanov as the Premier of the Soviet Union, but Romanov never carried out his invasion of the U.S. in 1972, like he did in RA 2. A certain other character from RA 2 also existed here, as did a similar one from RA 3, but I'm not going to say who they are.

Now, onto the plot.

RP Setting: Earth, 2058 AD (1110 MA). Near what used to be the Tiber River in Italy (at least, this is where the RP begins. Tiberium is actually named after the Tiber River where it first appeared on Earth in 1995, and thus, this is Ground Zero for the Tiberium outbreak, and the location of the sole remaining Scrin portal tower). Specifically, one of GDI's Red Zone Bases. Or rather, the RP begins on a transport en route to said Red Zone Base. The players are a team of GDI Commandos, each equipped with a GD-10 Rifle and Integrated Combat Suit. Your mission? Investigate what a Nod splinter group is doing near the last of the Scrin portal-towers still on Earth.

Playable Races:

Baseline Human

Tiberium Mutant (Please Specify which "Class" of Mutant you are)

Drowolath (Nal'sarkoth or Tei'kaliath only)

As for the characters' ranks, well, since they're all Commandos, that means they'll fall between O-1 and O-6 (Second Lieutenant through Colonel).

Rules:

- No dice-rolling necessary. Since it's not based off of any existing system, I don't really see any need to roll.

- NO God-Moding. Shouldn't even need to explain THIS one.

- I will control all plot-critical NPCs, although smaller ones can be controlled by players in posts.

- Your characters won't die, unless you want to leave the RP, and decide to pull a "Heroic Sacrifice" - but this should only be a LAST resort. NPCs may die, especially in combat, and ESPECIALLY once the Scrin show up.

From the C&C crossover "What If" thread, some important notes.

Info on GDI, Nod, and the Scrin.

Info on the Forgotten and CABAL.

Info on Tiberian plants and wildlife.

A rough timeline of the RP's setting.

Other important data, including Tiberium pics, the Tacitus, your armor and weapons, enemy troops, vehicles used by GDI, Nod, and the Scrin, and some of the plot-critical NPCs who show up, and with whom you'll interact.

Classes of Tiberium mutant, as well as some info on how Drow use Tiberium.

More info on how the Drow have adapted to Earth in the Tiberium Age.

Also, the players will be in communication with a GDI EVA (Electronic Video Agent) unit - a tactical A.I. that acts pretty much identical to a ship's computer in Star Trek - except it also gives advice on how to proceed in battle. As EVAs lack either an identity or personality beyond their basic functions (though they refer to themselves in the first person), you don't have to worry about them going rogue, like CABAL did.

Why is this RP named "Destructible Times"? After the song from the original C&C of course!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfZeIYyL_Gw

(Also, there will be a slight crossover with another franchise. What is it? That's for me to know, and you to find out!)
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Re: Destructible Times (Command & Conquer X-over)

Postby Obsidian Agent » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:09 pm

My character for "Destructible Times"

Name: Samuel Rourke
Affiliation: Global Defense Initiative
Race: Tiberium Mutant (Class of Mutant - Electromancer)
Weapon of Choice: GD-10 rifle, captured Nod laser pistol, C-4
Height: 6'8" (203 cm)
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Green
Ethnicity: Caucasian

Biography: As far as mutants go, Sam is a lucky one. Having been dropped off at a GDI Yellow Zone base as an infant alongside his brother in 2026, Sam has no ties to the Forgotten, and has had to endure almost none of the hardships most other mutants endure. Aside from the Tiberium infecting his body, of course. Thankfully, the Tiberium has reached a "metastable" stage - the infection can't be cured, but it's no longer spreading.

Sam is one of those mutants classified as an "electromancer" - meaning, that the Tiberium in his body gives him electrokinetic powers. In his old unit, his comrades gave him the nickname "Palpatine" due to these abilities. During the Third Tiberium War, Sam volunteered for the Commando Program. The

Personality: Sam is known to be something of a practical joker, as well as being incredibly sarcastic. Nevertheless, he knows that there is a time and place for everything, and is serious when the situation calls for it. This hasn't stopped him from taunting enemy soldiers, or coming up with outrageous plans on the fly - something he learned from Nick "Havoc" Parker in Tib War III.
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Obsidian Agent » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:13 am

The flight was smooth, despite the ion storm raging outside. Well, as smooth as could be said for such a ride, all things considered. Which was just fine, in Samuel Rourke's opinion. The moment you hit air that was turbulent for a storm like this, you were all but assuredly dead. Of course, the turbulence in an ion storm is quite different from normal turbulence, especially when you factor in that wind speeds in such a storm could exceed speeds of eight hundred kilometers per hour.

"Damn shame." a younger soldier, probably either a private or lieutenant said while looking at one of the viewscreens. "I've got holo-pics of how Italy looked before Tiberium hit. This used to be one of the most beautiful spots on Earth. Now look at it. Center of the biggest fucking Red Zone on the planet."

"Not quite the center." someone else replied. "That'd lie somewhere in what used to be Turkey, but I get your point. Still, at least it's better than what happened to Sarajevo..."

Sam winced at that. All that remained of that unfortunate city was now at the bottom of a crater approximately three kilometers deep and twenty kilometers wide - the result of Kane's Liquid Tiberium bomb going off in the Third Tiberium War.

"So Major, I just gotta ask." one of the noncoms - most likely a sergeant - began. "What are we doing in this hellhole anyway?"

"Noddies." Sam replied. "It seems our old pals in the Brotherhood of Nod have begun centering around the Scrin tower. Now, I don't claim to know what those maniacs are thinking, but if I had to guess..." Sam paused. The implications of what he was about to say were terrifying, to say the least. "Then they're going to try to re-activate the tower, and possibly its wormhole generator as well. And I don't think I need to say just how bad THAT would be."
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:40 am

((Fleshed out a character and decided to put his sheet up, I may also play with Han'yia, my Nal as well if he'll fit in witht he RP))
Name: Carlton Sugar Williams the Third. (Carl for short, or 'Sug' to his friends)
Affilation GDI
Race: Human
Weapons: GD-10, Heavy Combat Pistol, Grenade disks.
Height: 6'1"
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

Carl grew up the very definition of a 'Blue Zone Baby', rich family with ties to several defense firms and a distinguished pedigree and a superiority complex. He was also a poster child for Nod propaganda, with a few instances of his misbehavior towards mutants being used in some recruitment videos, that changed when his life was saved by a mutant he was harassing just moments before a Nod attack left him pinned under rubble. His life turned around at that moment, joining the GDI as soon as he was able and showing an aptitude for combat. He was eventually chosen for special ops training where he excelled.

While Carl has taken to the Military life exceptionally well, he is still somewhat snobbish towards those of lower rank than himself. Though his overt racism towards mutants has long since passed, it's been replaced by a hatred of all things Nod.
((getting a bit tired so I'll do my first action post a little later))
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:33 pm

Carl was looking straight ahead, pondering weather to gawk at the view as well or try to catch a few moments of sleep. With his eyes closed he'd respond to Sam, "They're Nod. Their exact thought is: how can I fuck this planet up even more to make Kane happy so I can advance to his version of paradise where I spend all day licking Kane's tiberium flavored asshole?" He'd open his eyes and start to look at the viewscreen, "I remember when my biggest complaint about the Ion storms is they would disrupt the networks just as my favorite shows came on. How I long for those days." He'd check his pistol and rifle, "I don't know why we haven't disabled or destroyed those horrid things yet."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Obsidian Agent » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:00 am

Sam chuckled. "Well, we certainly whooped Nod's ass in the last war - and that was WITH the Scrin invading, but I get what you're saying." He sighed. "Truth be told, every time we think we've beaten Nod for good, they just go deeper underground and rebuild. The most we can do is not get caught with our pants down when they resurface." Sam grimaced, remembering the destruction of the original Philadelphia space station at the start of Tib War III. What an embarrassment that was. "Still, I'd rather be fighting against Nod, than alongside them - because that always means something even worse has appeared, like the Scrin, or CABAL." Sam said, thinking about how it took a hostile alien invasion and an insane, genocidal A.I. to get GDI and Nod to work together.

Sam paused.

"You were talking about the Noddies, right, Lieutenant?" he asked. "Or was there some other thing you wished we'd disabled or destroyed?"
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:17 pm

(finally found some time to do this up, I'll post later)

Name: Rejan Gordinier
Affiliation: Global Defense Initiative
Race: Human
Weapon of Choice: GD-10 Rifle, C4
Height: 5 '10'
Hair Color: Blond
Eye Color: Blue

Biography: Rejan was born in the heart of the yellow zone of France. Where life was a little more manageable then most yellow zones. While not really caring much for GDI. Rejan carries a certain hate for Nod. To him, their beliefs have always aggravated peace and the price for their humanitarianism comes at a cost that was basically poison to anyone.

Joining one of the few GDI outpost in the yellow zones for a chance to knock some Nod heads. From there he worked his way up to getting into the Commandos unit. Being a Farm boy it made it easier to get past basic training since hes always gotten up early to do back breaking work.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Gunbird » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:24 pm

(I'm going to take my turn after django takes his.)

Name: Shynt
Affilation GDI/Nal'sarkoth .Formerly Sarghress
Race:Drowolath
Weapons/equipment : Sniper Rifle, Suppressed pistol Fighting/utility knife, Stealth suite and trap mines.
Mana: Wood sorcery.
Height: 2 inches taller then average drowolath male.
Hair: Slicked back green hair
Eyes:Gray

Shynt defected back to his former clan after the first few months after drow first encounter with the Humans. He manage to get a few of his fellow combat to join the Nal'sarkoth before the Infamous "Raider Massacre " of 2031.

He he was extremely quick to learn about the over-worlders culture, customs, fighting techniques, and equipment. He became one of the best reconnaissance operative and sniper in the GDI. During one battle he managed to single-handedly halted the advance of whole Nod Battalion trying to destroy a green zone village. This have given him the nickname the " Green death".( Here's a little history lesson. There was a Finnish sniper named Simo "Simuna" Häyhä that killed so many enemy soldiers during the Winter war, he was given the nickname "White death" .)

He is still himself caring about races other than his own and is very supportive of the mutated humans. He has no love to the Nod after he heard about the experiments they did to his own kind.

Even though he rarely gets into fights he still tends to get into arguments whenever he hears anything bigotry. even though he tone down that sort of behavior after the 3rd Tiberium War, he still gotten other nicknames like "Social Justice Sniper" and "LT. PC" from a few GDI personnel and "Goblet fucker" from some of less than friendly drow.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Obsidian Agent » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:41 pm

Gunbird wrote:Rank: O2(Im a little confused about the ranking system)

The ranks of O-1 through O-6 follow U.S. Military Officer Ranks, so I'll post them to clear things up.

O-1 - 2nd Lieutenant
O-2 - 1st Lieutenant
O-3 - Captain
O-4 - Major
O-5 - Lt. Colonel
O-6 - Colonel
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:16 pm

Rejan was trying to catch some sleep during the flight. But all he really ended up doing was just resting his eyes, while the other talked and the ion storm grumbled just outside. "Do you think they have the capability to pull it off? Or is it just a sect setting up a worshiping center. I suppose it must be serious enough to send us out."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:07 pm

Shynt was quietly checking his equipment, when he heard his fellow officers debating about the the Scrin tower. " What goal do the brotherhood think they're going to achieve by opening that type of gate?"

He remembered the time when he saw one the wormholes sucking up a whole Platoon into the airless void that the humans called space. He still had nightmares of that disaster to this day. He then also remembered a scientist he talk to A year ago. He had a hard time understanding what she was saying, but he can remembered that these wormholes could be used as a form of transportation."Is it possible that they can make portals to other worlds? Sort of like the nether summers?"
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby Obsidian Agent » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:57 pm

"Well, both yes and no." Sam said. "A wormhole is like a short-cut through space, connecting two points allowing for instantaneous travel, and while they can connect two planets, it isn't the same as nether summoning. THAT, we believe, involves calling forth beings from either another reality, or from a deeper layer of our own. If they DO summon things from an alternate reality, well, that'd be closer to something called an Einstein-Rosen Bridge - which is basically a wormhole that connects two different universes, rather than two points in the same universe. They're only hypothetical, though, unlike the wormholes the Scrin used in Tib War III."

"With all due respect, Major, how the hell do you know that?" someone asked.

"Growing up on a Yellow Zone base, you look for any entertainment you can find! And if that just happens to be a children's space book, well, you just use that." Sam paused. "Speaking of Nether, I can't help but be reminded of the rumors of Stalin's Psychic Corps. Especially those about Yuri. But enough about supernatural stuff, the reason the Noddies are here? Well, this is the tower they defended in the last war, so obviously, Kane has some plans involving it. We'll know more when General McNeil briefs us."
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:06 am

'Suge' would scoff, "Was talking about the Tower, but the world would be a better place without a bunch of crazies trying to fuck it up more than it already is." Carl would look to Rejan and chuckle, "Won't make much of a difference. If it's just a worship center we'll be 'detaining' them instead of shooting on sight, assuming they aren't armed." He was hoping they would be armed in that case, even if it was poorly. He'd then look at Shynt, this was his first time working with one of the Drow, he was a bit suspicious of the 'aliens'. "As I said, they're a bunch of idiots who would slit their throat if it would make His Baldness happy." He'd listen to a moment as Sam tried to explain wormholes. He'd shake his head, "Bad enough with tiberium, cyborgs and forced mutations. Now we've got literal magic and demon summoning?" He'd start playing with an inert disk grenade, painted blue to distinguish it from the live ones. Tossing it up in the air, "How I long for the Simpler Days." he'd toss the 'Frisbie of Doom' to Rejan, "Where being on time for a Water Polo match was the hardest thing I had to do."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Obsidian Agent » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:38 am

"You have no idea how right you are about the cyborgs." Sam said to Carl. "You probably only know about CABAL from history books. Seeing that mad A.I.'s goons in person - and at only five years old, no less? That's something else altogether." Sam loaded a clip into his rifle, before checking the ion capacitor on it, in case he needed to switch over to its most powerful mode on short notice. Fully charged. So far, so good.

"By the way, Lieutenant, I've got something that should interest you." Sam reached into his gun holster, before pulling out the weapon in question. "You see this? Nod laser pistol. Got it off a dead commando in the last war, when I got dragged into Colonel Parker's 'White House Liberation Squad'. Let me tell you, the Colonel has more than earned his nickname."

Sam spoke, of course, of the legendary GDI commando-turned-conservative pundit, Colonel Nick "Havoc" Parker, one of the heroes of the First Tiberium War. One of the ironic things about Havoc, Sam had noted, was the fact that, despite being one of the biggest supporters of GDI's mechanized walker program, he had proven time and again exactly why GDI had discontinued all of its walkers, save for the Juggernaut. Namely, that it proved too easy for enemy commandos to run up, plant explosives on their legs, and cripple them by setting off said explosives. The only reason the Juggernaut remained in service was due to the fact that that class of walker was designed to strike from over the horizon, and avoid mixing it up in close-quarters.

"Want me to tell you about how Havoc caused the 'Avatar Dominoes'?"
Obsidian Agent
Dragon of the Nether

Postby django » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:45 am

"Nods always armed with something. Be it with out dated rifles, or a hamper basket of hand grenades n rocks." Rejan said as he turned his head to Carl playing with one is his disks. "You know, I've heard a rumor once of a group of disk throwers attacking a nod stronghold once. The middle man blew up and a chain reaction killed the rest...well all but one."

"I thought they discontinued disks."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Next

Return to Game Tavern