Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Rumble in the jungle: A earth age RP.

Re: Rumble in the jungle: A earth age RP.

Postby aceofAces » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:28 am

(I have no idea what to post, skipping for now)
aceofAces
Demon

Postby Brawl97 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:40 am

(apologies all but I am inundated with work at the moment and for the sake of flow will be withdrawing from the RP)
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:02 am

note1: no Gunbird, if you weren't doing the explaining, we'd all be in the dark about what's going on, you're doing fine!
note2: dialogue edited

Teena'los lowered her crossbow and looked at the now empty sky. "Sharess' tits, Paqu, did you see that?" she asked the veteran, but found out she was talking to herself. As Paqu staggered off down the hill, hollering to thin air, Teena'los shouted after him, "What the...hey Paqu! Shynt said wait here...oh crap, don't leave me up here holding the new bloods' hands by myself! Dammit Paqu!" But the aged Ssu was either beyond hearing range, or had gone deaf from the goblin flying golem. She looked over her left shoulder, then the right, and counted two dozen mostly neophyte Raiders and a handful of Fallen Legion veterans staring back at her. She wanted to follow Paqu down the hill, but couldn't leave the rest of the unit, so an idea crept into her mind. "Fuuu...hey you Legionnaires, uh, Pola'ra, Vila'nel and Nor'cos, right? You guys in charge, yeah? Heh?" A bead of perspiration ran down the side of her face as she flashed a big toothy grin, her brows knitted.

Vila'nel's piercing eyes above her black scarf looked like two gems, betraying no emotion. "I can take charge of the whelps, Teena'los, but there'll be a problem, and it's not a matter of leadership."

"Yeah? What problem?"

"Unfortunately, you're the only sniper I can trust to do overwatch."

"Aw, c'mon Vila'nel, help a sistah out? It'll only be for a minute or two..."

But the Legionnaire shook her head. "No! You stay here, Teena'los, that's a fucking order. It's bad enough that Paqu went down there."

"Fine, FINE, screw y'all...and you smell funny too..." she grumbled, pouting, and went back to looking at Shynt's party through her far-seeing tool.

Under her black scarf, Vila'nel grinned back, thinking We've all been in the field for a month without a bath, and sweatin' buckets in this steamin' jungle for the last few hours, biatch...you probably smell like Nor'cos' codsack yourself!
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear
Clan: Sarghress

Postby Metzger » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:33 pm

Jonathan "Joke" Kein age 28 Weapons and other: MK.18, P 229 pistol, medkit/medical supplies

Jonathan took off the nitrile gloves and put them into his pocket, before reaching for his Mk 18 that he had leaned against a nearby tree while he was treating the newbie.
When the claymore detonated, Jonathan immediately aimed towards the area were the sound had come from, but found no targets. He kept aiming for another few minutes, but as he heard the others starting to talk he engaged the safety and listened to the Lieutenant tell them about the situation, something about ERA soldiers being in a nearby village.

Yeah, some air support would be nice, if we somehow manages to run into any more drow. Jonathan agreed with Kenji as they started to walk towards the village.
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Gunbird » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:39 am

Sarghress---------------------

"How did you know?"Shynt ask Inynda. The legionnaire then stop smiling and answered his question. "I over herd you and ariel discussing about "adding a objective" to the mission. You should've known how foolish it is to have such conversations in rooms with thin walls" "Not as foolish as attacking overworlder with flying machines that don't use mana! Not to mention the canons that the emberi have-"

Before he can finish the sentence, he heard Paqu yelling.Shynt turned around to see him walking towards the him."What the hel are you doing!? Get back up that goddess damn hill!"

( time skip)
The argument between the legionnaire and the raider grew more instance as the time went by.Shynt was on brink of fighting Inynda when ask why he cared so much damn much about the goblins. But before he did anything drastic, both them heard a metallic click. They looked at the group of emberis to see one of them pointing his cannons at them.

Thanh yelled at him. "<Stand down private!>" The soldier do not comply and kept his weapon at them. The major then pulled out a black object out of a pouch on his right side. It took a few seconds for Shynt and Inynda realize that he was holding a even smaller canon.<" Lower your God damn weapon, or I will put a hole in your head !>" With a nervous look on his face,the soldier slowly lowered his weapon , making the weird clicking noise again. "<Good chose.>" Thanh, said before holstering his weapon.

A second later , they heard a female shouting in emberi."<Hay, are you friendly? Were from the United States Navy were here the rescue you.>"

SEAL team 11------------------------

Before the SEALs head out , Min heard Joke and Kenji talking about retaking the base " We might also need to call in Bravo squad . Retaking that place will be a 16 man job at the lest. Will meet up with the remaining ERA in the village, then will figure out how to take that base back."

(Time skip)
As they arrive at the village out skirts. Min raised her fist to signal the squad to halt then kneeled down behind the vegetation. She pulled out her binoculars and saw something surprising." There is about 10 ERA soldiers with 5 drow over there." Brian made a puzzled look on his face." Wait , are you saying that there's fighting going on? What are they doing , having a nice morning chat with tea and coffee?" " I don't know Dice. These elves look different from the ones that attacked us. 4 of them have tan and red clothing and have armored chess pieces.Only one of them is wearing black and looks more like a ninja then a savage."

She then looked up at the hill see the more brown clothed drow on top of it "Who ever they are, there's seems to be a platoon of them up on that hill. This could be a trap but those soldiers still have their guns with them." "I guess there is only one way to find out. Lets go over there and say hi. How is you charisma?" " Good enough not to start a fight"

The lieutenant then turned towards the rest of the squad and gave her orders"All right, Dice, Kenji and Twitch, you're with me. The rest of you stay here. Mike, If any of those elves on the hill make a move on us, you call in a airstrike on their position. Hooyah?"[/color] Brian responded saying"Hooyah, LT!" Before heading out to the village.

When they were 150meters from the crowd, Min saw one ERA solders aiming his gun at the group of drow. She then saw what looked like an officer shouting orders at this him to stand down and pointing a pistol when he didn't respond. When the officer put his gun back into his holster the lieutenant waved her hand and called out to the group."<Hay, are you friendly? Were from the United States Navy were here the rescue you.>"

(This what the SEALs will look like to the drow http://navyseals.com/wp-content/uploads ... -weber.jpg I know the seals are using the NWU type III or multicam these days but I had a hard time finding pictures of those patterns in a jungle environment. Plus, I like the look of woodland better IMO. :) )
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:23 am

Paqu couldn't hear a word as he watched Shynt yell back at hi, probably angrily. "Can't hear a damn thing cause of that damn thing!" pointing up to the sky. He'd get to the bottom and just barely hear Shynt and Inynda arguing about orders. "Just fuck already." he 'mumbled' a bit louder than he would have intended. When the soldier raised his weapon at them Paqu would raise his shield in response, glaring daggers at the man till his superior made him stand down, and he would lower his shield, back to the jungle when the cry came out.

Kenji kept up with the rest of the group, occasionally checking their six before they got to the village. He'd aim at one of the Drow, looking at him with a red dot through his rifle's scope, "Just me or does that guy have a mullet? The big one with the spear and shield." Ken would stay down in the brush with his rifle ready when Min exposed them. Keying his mic, "Shit goes down I've got Mullet McGee."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby aceofAces » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:30 pm

(Sorry Guys I'm backing out of this one, I've run into some bad times and it's summarily killed my motivation to RP.)
aceofAces
Demon

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:54 am

(sorry to hear that Ace, hope things improve soon for you, take care)

Teena'los saw that Paqu had reached Shynt and Inynda, who were in a heated argument which was interrupted by one of the Emberi soldiers. One of the goblin bastards is pointing his cannon right at Shynt and Inynda again! she thought, ready to drop him with her crossbow, but she saw the black hat officer convince him to knock it off. Good thinkin', short man, you listen to your leader. Waitaminnit, now they're all looking towards the right, and I can hear someone shouting. She panned the scope to the right, and saw something that amazed her. What the...it's like part of the forest came alive...are those more goblins? They're green all over, even their faces... She turned towards the Fallen Legionnaires and called out, "Hey Vila'nel, we have company!"

The veteran Legionnaire came sliding in next to her. "Teena, let me see." The sniper handed over her crossbow, and she looked through the eyepiece. She counted the green creatures, who carried big packs on their backs, each holding a cannon-weapon. "Looks like a squad of four, possibly Halmes, well equipped and having military bearing. That green skin might be paint, or they might be something we haven't come across yet." Instinctively, she slowly panned further to the right, and saw what looked like a thin rod poking up out of a bush. Following it downwards, she could make out a pair of dark circles, and realized what it was. "There's another one, with eyes on us."

Teena'los glanced back over her shoulder, and realized the Raiders were squatting upright, scratching, swatting at insects, or wiping perspiration with cloths. "Sharess, I suppose it's too late to hide..."

Vila'nel panned back to her left. "It looks like one of them is approaching Shynt with a raised hand. I don't think they're hostile, Teena. Let's hold our positions, and not make any sudden moves." She carefully handed the crossbow back to the sniper. "Keep an eye on Shynt's party. If they get attacked, be prepared to back them up. I'm moving my Legionnaires to a more secure position, over there. If fighting starts, we'll circle around to take them from the rear." She moved closer to Teena'los' face, "Remember to keep your cool. This is a 'first contact' situation for most of us. Do nothing to screw things up for Shynt, understand?"

Teena'los nodded, as the Legionnaire clapped a hand on her shoulder, then crawled back to her two squadmates. All three then slithered on their bellies toward the rear of the Raiders. Noting their departure, some of the Raiders turned back to her with a quizzical look. "Just stay calm, you guys, Shynt is talking with the goblins. We stay here, and get ready to fight if things go south. Until then, as you were." She shouldered her crossbow and went back on overwatch.
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear

Postby Metzger » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Jonathan watched as the Lieutenant and the others walked down towards the village.
Would be nice if they were friendly, wouldn't it? He said silently, as he reached for his water flask and took a quick sip from it, but he kept his eyes at the village the whole time, trying to make sure that there was no elves hiding in preparation of an ambush.
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:38 pm

The female stared at group for a moment before slinging over her strange weapon and taking a bow."< I am Lieutenant Min >"

The Major then spoke in a language that sounded similar to Hermionne. A language Shynt was fluent in, but was surprised that the two Eimberis were speaking. "<< Where's the rest of your men? Did those demons get them before the airstrikes arrived ?>>" "<< No the rest of the squad is on overwatch. Our machine gunner got a bit of shrapnel during the firefight but the injury was minor.>>" Min then stared at Shynt and the others raiders. It was hard for to see any emotion on her face paint on her face."<<It seems like you made some new friends. What are they doing here? And what were they arguing about?>>"

Shynt broke his silence and spoke in Hermionne.<<" I am Shynt, commanding officer of the 4th platoon of the Val'Sarghress Highland Raiders. We were sent to stop a rivesl clan of slvers that are called Siyah'khorshed, Black-suns in you tongue. As for the argument with my comrades, we->>"

Shynt stop speaking when he relies that the sailers went wide eyed. It seemed like forever before one of them, A Halmish looking male with a slightly bigger cannon, spoke out. "<<Wait, did you just spoke in English?>>" He sling over his weapon over his back, then walked over to him.<"I guess there no need to keep secretes form you. Well- some of them at lest." He then put his right hand out."<<Names Brian, but you can call me "Dice roll" or "Dice".>>" Shynt what for a few scounds before shaking Brians hand. "<<Nice to meet you Dice>>"

After the greeting Shynt saw the lieutenant pressing a devise on her neck. "<<Ok men, these elves seem friendly enough. You can move to our position.>>"

(Ok this is how the languages are going to be set up
Drow
<Eimberi>
<<English>> Shynt is the only drow that speaks this language.

Dose that make it easier for you guys?)
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:05 pm

Paqu slapped the side of his head to try and alleviate the buzzing when he noticed everyone was looking towards the jungle and he turned as well, catching sight of Min his jaw would drop. The old Ssu looked like he saw a ghost, "Ling Ling?" It took him a moment to shake the feeling away, just in time for more of the goblins to seemingly walk out of nowhere. "Bloody Hel. Talk about walking into an ambush." The buzzing in his ear had finally stopped enough that he could hear what was going on. The old warhorse felt uncomfortable being surprised like that, even if they seamed to be friendly now. He'd look over and notice one of the green ones was staring at him, and he just stared back. "<<Damn, Mullet McGee's a big fucker.>>" "Oi, Shynt, what'd this one say?" He'd look over at his commander. "We should probably send a signal or something up to the others, they're probably getting anxious about now."
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:13 am

edited 26012016 1739U

Teena'los gulped as more green creatures came out of the jungle into view. Sharess' tits...the first eleven goblins against our four...er, FIVE, I could handle...now there's what, four...five...six...even more of these green whateverdahel they are? She bit her lower lip, as perspiration ran down her nose, a drop hanging annoyingly off the tip. A loud fly buzzed near her face, and she willed it away by flexing her mana without moving. She watched as the green guys slung their weapons onto their backs, which helped relax her somewhat. One of them reached a hand out, and Shynt took it. Teena'los let out her breath. Good...they're friendly...that's a good sign. Okay, Shynt, just give us the word...
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Postby Metzger » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:35 am

<<Hell, they are tall.>> Jonathan commented quietly about the elves, as he and the others walked towards the village, while he was walking he made sure to keep his rifle easy to reach, if this new friendliness turned out to be a trick <<By the way, If we are to be buddies with these elves, maybe we should recruit them to NBA?>> he said with a smile before they reached the Lieutenant and the others.
With the Lieutenant, Jonathan kept quiet and letting the others do the talking, but he did notice that one of the elves, a female with a crossbow in a defensive position, she seemed to be sweating bullets, Don't try anything now elf, I'm too hungry for another fire fight Jonathan thought as he kept watching the guard
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Gunbird » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:46 pm

(Gaahhh!! Sorry guys I been having a bad case of writers block .Edit. And I was about to post this on the on the 4th before I got a 403. )

Shynt translated what Kenji said to Paqu " I think he said that you are tall.But I have no clue what a "Mullet McGee" is."

After the rest of the SEALs arrived , Min also put her hand out to Shynt ."<< Names Min. It sounds like you're tracking down some enemies of yours.You call them Black-suns, right? Are they terrorists?>>" "<<Terror..what?>>" "<<Are the extremists of a political philosophy or a religion?>>" "<<No, they are mercenaries and slavers of the worst kind. We don't know exactly why they're up here but it's more than likely they were trying to enslave the local population.>>" "<<Well it's good to know that were doing the free world a favor by taking those savages out. But can you ask me why you are called Highland Raiders?>>" Shynt felt nervous answering that question. He didn't want to tell her that his clan also collect slaves."<< Well->>"

Before he can answer her question, he heard Brian shouting"<<Oh crap!>>" The lieutenant turned to see him using his binoculars. He was looking towards the same hill the Raiders were on. "<<Do you see any hostiles, Dice? >>" "<<Yeah, I think some of "Black Suns" have followed us! They're about 4 of them, 30 meters below Shynt's buddies.>>" She then turned towards the ERA soldiers."< Major, looks like we have company. Are your men still in condition to fight?>" "<Yes ma'am>" She then turned back to her men and reloaded her grenade launcher." <<It seems that a few rats were following us. If they make a move towards the top of that hill or to us, we light them up. Hooyah? >>"

Inynda was wondering why these helms are pointing there weapons at the hill and what they were talking about. She her pointed telescope towards towards where they are aiming. Her eyes widened when she saw it was her own squad that was hiding there. Sharess' tits She shouted at Shynt. "Wait thous are my are my Legionnaires! Shynt,Order those goblins to stand down!" Before any of the SEALs or emberi soldiers can fire their weapons, they heard Shynts warning "<<Don't attack them! There're with us!>>< There not enemies! Stand down!>"

Min lowered her gun and told the rest of the squad to do the same. She then pointed her finger towards where the legionnaires were hiding"<<If you friends are going to sneak around like that, they should be wearing camouflage .>>" Shynt mead a sigh and covered his face with his hand."<<I understand that. But the only one who obtain any is Inynda, the squad leader of those legionnaires.>>" He then put his hand down and looked at Min again."<< I was trying to persuade my superior on getting the appropriate equipment for this environment, but she said that there was no need for stealth.">>" "<< Sounds like she's been living under a rock.>>" Shynt made a brief chuckled. " It's funny how you say that. Most of my kind lives thousands of paces under it.>>"

Brian maid a stupid grin when he heard what Shynt said ."<<I was right! You do live in underground cities!>>" "Shynt was surprised by His respons "<<How did you understood on what I said so quickly?>>" " <<Well there's a game.. I mean a story that describes about your race. It's a work of fiction and it's completely wrong about the Drows mor->>" "<<Dice, can you geek about elves later>>". Brians smile disappeared. <<Yes ma'am">>"

"<< Shynt, can you please tell your solders to come down from that hill. After the last battle, we really are not in the mood for more surprises. >>" Shynt nodded " << I will>>" "Raiders, These solders- I mean sailers are friendly. You can came down here."

(And I mead another sloppy wall of text)
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:41 pm

Han and Paqu would seam to have an impromptu stareing contest, it would probably had kept going until Paqu would break and shout "Boo!" Kenji wouldn't flinch and Paqu would just laugh and clap the SEAL on the shoulder, "Oi, this one's alright. Shynt, tell em I owe em a drink." Kenji kept his eye on Paqu as the larger elf made his way to Shynt. "<El Tee, what just happened?>>" Snapping to attention he picked out a silhouette with his naked eye before his rifle and sight caught up with him. His thumb was on the safety when Shynt started shouting. He'd stare a moment longer through the minor magnification the scope offered. "<<They look a bit more in uniform than the fuckers we were shooting at.>>" lowering his rifle. "<<Man, I really need to get one of those magnifiers.>>" patting his rifle, he kept an eye on the Legion's general direction but kept his rifle lowered.

Paqu looked like he was working up the courage to ask someone out on a date as he stayed a few paces away from Min. He'd finally approached and would speak broken emberi in a very old dialect. "<Who, family, thou?>" shaking his head, "<What, thine, name?>"
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern