Freshly remodeled, the Game Tavern serves as your place to go to participate in roleplay or gaming threads with other members of the forum.

Rumble in the jungle: A earth age RP.

Re: Rumble in the jungle: A earth age RP.

Postby aceofAces » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:36 pm

Al'hari Sarghress.
Heavy Raider Armor, Glaive, Short sword.

Al'hari shook her head at Idra'nel. "You misunderstand me, I don't want to find out what it is because I'm looking for action, it's that I don't want us to be caught by surprise by whatever it was." She explained. She would rather just find the Black Sun and be done with it, not really too excited about being up here. If the rumors about the advancement of the goblin races were worrying and the by the look of things not unfounded. "those aren't mining golems, that's for sure." Al'hari stated, observing the vehicles ahead of them. " Those definitely look like some kind of Duergar weapons."

Geoffrey "Boresight" Ayers
Mk 12 Mod 1 SPR (Supressed), P229R DAK

"Hey I was just trying to come up with an explanation." Geoff replied defensively, refering to the dead man at their feet. "And I wouldn't say that 'we're the only ones who have that tech' too early, rebels are always crafty bastards." Spotting the smoke off in the distance in the direction of the base, bringing his rifle to a ready position. "Guess we should double-time it. When we get close I'll try and find a good sniping position."
aceofAces
Demon

Postby Brawl97 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:54 pm

Idra'nel scoffed That's impossible, no goblin has ever been found that can use mana and if these goblins are anything like the ones we know then they should be no different. she was certain those constructs couldn't be mana powered, even drow couldn't make something like this work on the surface Their is nowhere near enough ambient mana to sustain even a drow sized golem on the surface...strange. We need to keep moving then, these black suns have to be around here somewhere and those on high will chew us out proper if we don't catch them.

---------

Yarrick let out a small laugh, the idea of napalm covered tennis balls was a nice joke to clear the air ehehehe, good one. Wouldn't that be nice. he said quietly over all the conversation but he noticed the smoke and his bright green eyes lit up Good, good, good, yes, yes. we finally have an idea where they are. whoever did this was close enough and he could rest easy with a general idea of where they are Are we going to go see if whoever did this is still here? Orders si.... he almost said before he heard screaming we're going that way....aren't we?
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:22 am

After Shynt mentioned the mana around them, Teena'los could feel it as well. Which was a good thing, as her tied up armor bits were threatening to slip out of the ropes, so she reached back with a finger and used her metal affinity to warp a lip around the cylinders so they'd grip the ropes a bit better. Satisfied that they weren't going to fall out, she dropped to one knee near the crest of the hill and raised her crossbow's farseeing tool to her eye and scanned the thorp below. Shynt has good eyes, I see livestock, and those carriages have no shafts or poles for draft animals on either end, she thought. She also noted how these strange wains were neatly parked in a row, and were all colored in shades of dark greens and browns in a disruptive pattern. A couple of them indeed had menacing-looking pipes extending from their tops that looked a lot like Dvergar or mana cannon. Al'hari's right...they're war engines, no doubt...Idra'nel has a point though, I wonder if these things are even mana-powered?

She panned the tool over the buildings themselves, and from one chimney she saw wisps of smoke, probably a cook fire within. But she couldn't see hide nor hair of any humanoid occupants. Suddenly, at the top of what appeared to be a narrow tower at the end of a white colored peak-roofed building, she saw movement. She focused on the dark apertures at the top of the tower, and from the darkness within, a glint of light betrayed someone might be looking out with their own telescope. "Shynt, movement spotted...could be a lookout or sniper at the top of the tower on that white building, on the right side of the thorp," she hissed, stabbing a finger in the direction of what the goblins would call a 'church'. Inynda, do be careful, she thought, as the scout disappeared into the foliage.

edit: re: the 'church', I figure missionaries built it, probably many years ago...jes' roll widdit, m'kay? ;)
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear
Clan: Sarghress

Postby Metzger » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:18 pm

Jonathan "Joke" Kein age 28 Weapons and other: MK.18, P 229 pistol, medkit/medical supplies

Jonathan marked the corpse on the map, and got moving while humming quietly The Rive Kwai march. The smoke and the distant screams made him stop humming Well...Shit, I guess it's definitive now: Cold Beer at the outpost is cancelled. He looked at the Lieutenant, and simply asked Orders, Lieutenant?
Metzger
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Gunbird » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:19 am

(My next post is going to be a bit lengthy. And sorry for the long wait.)

Sarghress---------------------

Shynt looked toward the tower and saw a large polished piece of metal. "Thats a bell, Teena'los. Some of the Halme villages that I went to had these large instruments installed in towers. You can here the ringing they make form miles away. But this is the first I seen a Enberi village with one."

Down at the village, Inynda was slowly crawling to one of the buildings where she heard some one yelling . "< I don't care if you the Army, the Communists or the Ultranationalist. Just leave our village now!!!>" She then heard someone else speaking in a calm and professional tone "< I know you want to be left alone but we are in dire need of assistance. Do you have a long-range to why radio or a satellite phone that we can use? We were under attack earlier this morning." " I do have a radio but it's broken and I'm waiting to get a replacement fuse from the city. Who attack you? And why are there only 10 of your men here?" There was long pause. The professional sounding man which she thought he was a military leader, started the sound little bit weary. " I can't even begin to describe about who or should I say what attacked us. Somehow these monsters manage to get past our defenses and attacked the sleeping quarters."

After listening in to the conversation for minute or so , Inynda slowly track back to the Raiders. "It seems that Dark-suns attacked a military fortress. It likely that they dig under it and attacked where the soldiers were sleeping." After taking off her Gillysuit and packing it back into her bag, she asked Shynt a question. " Do you know what a communist or ultranationalist is? . I had a hard timeunderstanding some of the things the villagers were saying " "No I don't. Maybe there somme sort of clans?"

The leader of the raider platoon thought for a minute on what to do next " I think we need to talk to the villagers ." Inynda eyebrows shot up and her eyes widened a bit" Are you serious? What would you make you think that they won't attack us on first sight?" " Because I interacted with Enberi before and they will be less likely to attack us since I can negotiate with them properly." The black legionnaire sighed " Fine but don't fuck this up."

SEAL team 11------------------------

"Yes, let move it." Min answered to Kenji and Geoffrey "But keep it quiet. We Need to know what were dealing with before doing anything drastic."

As the squad got about 600 or so meters from the base, Min made a hold up Jester and then kneeled next tree. She puled a pair of binoculars from her rucksack and observe the base. What she saw baffled her. She saw humanoid that have ash colored skin and pointy ears. They were mostly wearing black and some them even had metal breastplates. Almost all of them were carrying medieval style weapons save for the few that were carrying crude looking cannons. Mai could have sworn that she saw one these beings manipulating water for a second. She whispered to Dice-roll who was next to her. " I don't think were dealing with locals here. And when I mean locals I mean human beings."

"What do you mean, LT?" Brine said while pulling out his own binoculars. In less then 10 seconds, his jaw went wide open. "Holy shit. I….I think they're drow." Min was even more confuse on what he just said. " Dorw?" " Yes there a elf race in the dungeons and dragons. They live in underground cities and they're extremely skilled with magic. There also..well.. just plain evil."

After a moment of a awkward pause, the lieutenant pressed on her throat-mike and told the radioman to contact command. " Tell them that we found unidentifiable personnel at the base."

(Just a reminder for the people playing on the draft side. Did not have your characters attack the villagers or the ERA soldiers.)
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:02 am

Sarghs
Paqu would put the cap back on his canteen, "Maybe I'm a bit out of the loop, but aren't those Duergar cannons suppose to be thicker, and shorter?" He'd fall in with the others, still sticking to the shade of a tree, "Was just a thought. We've had a long time to learn the arts, they have numbers and generations on their side." he said in reference to Golbins learning to use mana. He'd look to Inynda when she reported in. "Communist? Not a clue." He'd look to Shynt, "You gonna sneak in or are we all walking in there?"

SEALs
Kenji would tap his stock into his shoulder, "Aye Sir." picking up the pace. When the order was given to stop he'd get down low and pull the suppressor for his rifle out of a pouch, pulling a clip and slipping it over the muzzle of his Mk17. He'd also fish out another suppressor and attach it to his pistol before holstering it. He'd raise an eyebrow and shoulder his rifle, looking through his ACOG after checking the safety was on, whispering, "Not human?" Looking through his scope, not as powerful as a pair of binoculars, "Sure it's not some Psyops team? You know, someone pulling a Scooby Doo on the locals?" He'd look a bit closer before lowering his rifle, "Uh, El Tee? What's the average height for Emberi?"
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby IkaikaKekai » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:14 am

((eep, that was suppose to be an IM))
Last edited by IkaikaKekai on Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brawl97 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:20 am

Idra'nel rubbed her chin, it was all so strange. So many new words, so many unknowns to be figured out Suppose this is how things stay exciting. Commander, try not to die...I am surely going to do the same. she nodded to shynt, Nel had a lot of respect for that one, brave at the very least. She was going to stay very attentive of any moves by the goblins, her pointy ears had been a cause of hostility by goblins on too many occasions to not be on her guard.

---------------

Yarrick lurked by min and noticed the dark skinned warriors lounging about. He was almost going to laugh, this couldn't be any easier. Sir. he whispered these people look like sitting ducks, barely anything worth a damn in a firefight, easy pickings. Brine started going on about D&D and how these enemies looked and Yarrick shot him a confused look I think the heat is getting to ya, what are you on about. Magic creatures exist, sure. he scoffed Wonder if magic stops a bullet.
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby aceofAces » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:06 pm

(Apologies for my very late reply, and for its relative shortness. Been swamped at school and I'm kind of exhausted.)

Al'hari Sarghress
Heavy Raider Armor, Glaive, Short sword.

Hari tilted her head to one side upon hearing the strange words used. She stayed silent and readied herself for whatever kind of trouble these Emberi might cause. She secretly sided with the commanders assessment that a "Communist" was a member of certain clan or tribe on the surface, also prayed that his Emberi wasn't rusty. She herself couldn't speak a word of it.

Mk 12 Mod 1 SPR (Supressed), P229R DAK

"Magical or not, if they bleed we can kill 'em." Geoff stated calmly, looking through the scope on his rifle, before muttering to himself: "Damn they're some big bastards." His weapon was live, but his finger wasn't on the trigger, instead it rested against the side of the rifle in a ready position. He was ready to jump into action should shit go south or if the order was given to open fire. "So LT. What's the play?"
aceofAces
Demon

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:08 am

Teena'los narrowed her eye, looking at the shiny metal object now clearly dangling in the recesses of the white tower through her farseeing tool, and felt a bit chagrined at her jumpiness. A...fucking bell? A loud-ass instrument just hangin' there...Sharess' tits, if I had shot at it, the noise would have been heard throughout this steamin' valley...I've gotta relax. She lowered her crossbow, wiped the rivulets of perspiration off her forehead, and decided Paqu had the right idea and pulled out her canteen for a drink. Listening intently to Inynda's description of what she picked up below, she found that she couldn't quite relax. Her imagination tried to picture the Emberi, and wondered what their military leaders looked like. Wonder if they'd look like our leaders, like Shynt...probably shorter, but I wonder what kind of weapons they'd have... Shynt saying that he's going to go down there to meet with the Emberi brought her mind back to the current situation instantly. "Shynt, sir, be careful...up here on the surface, with the sunlight, it'll be hard to see a flare should you send one up. Do you want the rest of us to stay here in overwatch?"
Last edited by Basileus_Ioannis on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: in Snad's tower in Felde, checking to make sure I have spare underwear

Postby Gunbird » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:11 am

Sarghress---------------------

Shynt told Teena'los and most of the raiders to stay on the hill. " Inynda, Idra'nel, Al'hari, your coming with me. I don't want to bring many us down there and causes those warriors to panic. That is the last thing we need."

When they got close to large building in the village. About 10 or so Emberis came storming out of it. They were wearing fatigues that had a jumbled up green and black pattern on them. The weapons they were carrying seem similar to the ones on the carriages, but smaller and they have a curved piece of metal under them. He also saw a mix of fear and rage on the soldiers faces. They pointed their strange weapons at the Raiders and one of them jumped on the carriage and aimed the larger cannon . One of the Emberi warriors spoke out. <" Don't move or we will shoot!">

Then there was another voice coming from the house. It was the same one Inynda heard earlier. "<Stand down. There not the one that attacked us>" Leader was wearing the same clothing as the other warriors but he had a black beret on his head. One of his soldiers made a puzzled look and turned around. "<Major, what are you talking about Major?! They have ash like skin and pointy ears!>" " I know that Sargent, but they're not wearing the same clothing like the ones earlier. The ones that attacked us were wearing black. The ones are standing here wearing red.>" The soldiers then pointed there canons down.

Shynt then walked up to the leader then bowed "<My name is Shynt from the Sarghress clan. We came to stop a rival clan from raiding these lands.>" "< My name is Major Thanh Somboon. And am honored that you came to help us." The major stood back up< "Although it might be too late for most my men>"

SEAL team 11------------------------

Mai put down her binoculars and answered Kenji. " Maybe,but I never heard of anyone dressing up like elves to fool their enemies. And these guys are way over the average height here. Men are 5.4 feet tall and women are 5 feet."

She then spoked to Twitch "Keep it in you paints Yarrick. It looks like there's over 100 these elf over there. Magic or no magic, we can be easily be overruned with that many tangos." She wonder how he ever got past BUD/S* by being so cocky.

Dice was looking through his binoculars searching for any clues that drow was any modern weapons but of them caught his eye. She was staring towards the direction where the squad is. It was like she was staring right at him. Unknown to him, the drow he was looking at had empathy.

"Ah can feel dey prese'ce. Jus' bar'ly, but ah can feel i'd. Heheh." A large meal Black-sun walk up to her intrigued by what she maybe sensing."Whad you 'alking 'bou, you mad woman? Are der more goblins in dis shiddy for'dress?" "No no no no! Dey're in de fores'. HIding, wa'chin', planning. Hahaha, Bud I foun' dem!" The the meal Black-sun made a sinister grin and rubbed his chin."Hmm, So we have more peds 'o collec. Goo'."

Dice was now seeing the Drow grouping up and marching towards their position "Umm, LT? I I don't know how, but I think we been spotted."

The lieutenant eyes went wide but she then closed them and took a few deep breaths .When she opened them,she pressed on her throat mike. " All right guys. It seems that our cover has been blown." Min loading a 40 millimeter grenade into her launcher. " Here's the plan. Mike, you call in for some air support. Bore-sight, once that crazy looking one is in range,you drop her. Then the rest of us will open fire and peel back* till we're out of the blast zone. Is that clear?"

*1(BUD/s is 6-month SEAL training course. Most of the participants quit the 1st 8 weeks. http://navyseals.com/nsw/bud-s-basic-un ... -training/
*2( When special forces squad like the seals have to retreat from an advancing enemy they don't just turn around and run. They do a maneuver called a center peel. Also know as a Aussie peelback.

Here is some info abut the maneuver. http://tacticalpatriot.blogspot.com/201 ... lback.html https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_peel

Here are some vidoes of Peeling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDjA3Xj7dI4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jfCDv8u6d4 )

(The fight begins after Bore-sight shoots the empathy.)
Last edited by Gunbird on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gunbird
Vel'akar

Postby IkaikaKekai » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:52 am

Paqu would lay at the top of the hill with the others to watch. "I don't like this...don't like this at all." he was mostly talking to himself, trying to see what he could with his naked eye, when the goblins came rushing out, "Bloody Hel! The Whelp's gonna get us all killed!" He'd start to crawl away from the hilltop so he could stand up without being seen. The slow crawl backwards had given him a bit of time to think. "Tenna, you've got the eyes, what's going on down there?"
*Edit* ((Forgot Kenji's post))
"Well we know they're not locals then." Ken would whisper. He'd try to keep an eye on things through his scope, clicking on his mic, "Aye, El Tee." Kenji would shift his weight a bit to get ready to move out, picking a target to shoot once things got started, "I got the 3rd one to the left of Geof's target, the one with the axe." keying his mic once more.
IkaikaKekai
Dragon of the Nether

Postby aceofAces » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:54 pm

Al'hari Sarghress

Hari nodded and followed Shynt down the hill. She didn't really like how heavily armed these Emberi seemed to be, and thought that it could be a trap. When the soldiers shouted at the Raiders to halt, she instinctively fell into a defensive stance, until the Emberi commander exited the building and began talking to Shynt. She took a slow breath to get her heart rate down, and relaxed as the negotiations began. Why did she have to get picked?

Geoff peered through his scope, finger on the trigger, pinpointing exactly which one the LT had meant. He found her, standing amidst the group of them making their way towards the SEAL's position. He adjusted his aim for the trajectory."Right because "crazy-looking one" sure narrows it down LT." He quipped before squeezing the trigger, sending the round downrange. He didn't know where the bullet hit her, and frankly didn't care, all he knew is that she dropped and didn't get back up. "Target down, good hunting ladies and gents."
aceofAces
Demon

Postby Brawl97 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:04 am

Idra'nel looked irritated, being at the mercy of goblins, what an embarrassment. She was pleased that the strange tools wielded by the goblins weren't being used at least. The situation seemed to be simmering down, she was surprised how well this was going, not even a beatdown, unusual. The balck sun presence in the area close to here had been confirmed and it appeared they had made her group some new friends How nice of the bastards to make this standoff easy. she said to the group, her hands still raised.

Yarrick flinched as the LT spooked him. He sighed, the boss was right but he wasn't happy about it. He was so looking forward to getting the jump on someone at last. All of that being said they found them all the same, but how? They were so careful, how did they see the group? All this thought was pointless, it was time to make a retreat. He pulled his rifle up and picked a target I got the first one on the right, lets all get out alive yeah?
Brawl97
Vel'akar

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:22 am

Teena'los was watching through her farseeing tool when she saw Shynt's party set upon by the Emberi soldiers. Her eye widened and her pulse quickened. "Sharess' tits, Paqu! Damned goblins came out of a building and jumped Shynt and the others! Wait...another one came out, I think he might be the leader, the goblins are lowering what I think are their weapons." She let out her breath in relief, but the blood still pulsed at her temples from the close call. If the Emberi had harmed any of the Raiders, she would have unloaded bolts on the lot of 'em. "Okay, the goblin leader and Shynt appear to be talking...everything looks cool, but I'm going to keep covering them until Shynt starts coming back." She took her fingers off the trigger of the crossbow, but looked each Emberi up and down. Those weapons they're holding, they're a weird shape and size for a melee weapon, and don't have a blade...the way they pointed them at our party, I assume they're some kind of missile weapon...no bow arms, so maybe a miniature version of Dvergar cannons? And the Emberi ARE short...the leader has a black hat on, I guess that's their badge of rank? Her quick mind took in the info to flesh out the mental image she had, but at the back of her mind, she wondered where the damned Siyah'khorshed were...
Last edited by Basileus_Ioannis on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Game Tavern